28 Views and 1 zoom - no images

Guest Stockfotoart

Just a question:

under the alamy measures the search terms of customer searches are listed.

Are these numbers reliable?

For example I found a search term today with 28 views and 1 zoom but there aren`t any images at all at alamy with this search term, neither under new, nor relevant nor creative. So I wonder how there could be any 28 views and a zoom on zero images. :huh:

p

Is that the 'Sailor suit girl 1900s' search? If you click on the search words in AoA, it will display the results. There are 28.

If you keyed in the search words yourself in the search box, perhaps you had RF only ticked?

Edit: it obviously took me too long to type this. There has been replies since already.

Guest Stockfotoart

What is the search term?

barberini potsdam museum

The link you have just given me shows 46 results. Edit to add ... I would have thought Germany and UK would give the same results.

I don't see one single image, strange

There is a new museum opening in Germany Potsdam today, the "Barbini Museum", so strange that just in the very country in which this museum is located no images are shown

The 46 images do seem to be of the Barberini Potsdam museum. What I do notice is that most of them have been submitted through the dpa picture alliance. The museum has a strict limitation on who take photos for publication and there is a link to a licence application for photographers on their website.  Is it possible a regional restriction has been placed on these photos and so they don't show up in Germany? I don't really know how the regional restriction feature operates.

Guest Stockfotoart

The 46 images do seem to be of the Barberini Potsdam museum. What I do notice is that most of them have been submitted through the dpa picture alliance. The museum has a strict limitation on who take photos for publication and there is a link to a licence application for photographers on their website.  Is it possible a regional restriction has been placed on these photos and so they don't show up in Germany? I don't really know how the regional restriction feature operates.

wouldn't that be a bit strange to just exclude the country in which the museum is located? I don't know what sort of images appear at alamy but on the home page of the museum lots of images are free downloadable, you don't even have to log in as a journalist or so.

Anyway many thanks, the whole thing seems to be a bit mysterious....

dpa is a german agency so maybe they restrict Alamy from selling their own images in the German market... <_<

Phil

No restrictions shown on the individual image pages.

I do recall Alamy once commenting that some images are not available in certain regions, so they just don't show up in a search originating in that region...could be a blanket restriction set for a particular contributor/agency as opposed to individual image restrictions...maybe? :huh:

Phil

Guest Stockfotoart

dpa is a german agency so maybe they restrict Alamy from selling their own images in the German market... <_<

Phil

Obviously this is the case but I'm lacking any logic in it - in one the Berlin newspapers dpa images are used - so what's the sense of it all to restrict them at alamy??

Guest Stockfotoart

what do your images show? A museum in potsdam?

28076102pw.jpg

Click the relevant tag and try again.

as I' ve written before nothing under all three (relevant, creative etc.) but I'm too lazy to post screen shots from all ;)

Guest Stockfotoart

Phil

Obviously this is the case but I'm lacking any logic in it - in one the Berlin newspapers dpa images are used - so what's the sense of it all to restrict them at alamy??

Because the Berlin paper could then go and buy the same image on Alamy possibly for a lower price (actually unlikely) and DPA dont then get 100% but Alamy would take a cut.

this would mean that all images taken in a country in which the event took place are restricted in this very country (I don't believe that Berlin is an exception) ..

Is there any evidence for that? I don't negate that this might be possible but I wonder why nobody came up with this before here

Archived