Another goal met

Betty LaRue

After my goal of 3,000 was met about 19 months ago, my next was 5,000.  Hopefully good varied stock images.  When the ones I readied today go on sale tomorrow (hopefully they do) I shall have 5,001 images on sale, with 15 more yet to be worked on.

Goals are good, because they keep me from drifting and putting off.  Yet while having goals, one needs to keep in mind to not just shoot the nose on your face to fill numbers.  Hmmm...maybe my nose would be interesting....or not.   :rolleyes:

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s :)

Personally, I don't set goals concerning numbers of images. I do however want to achieve photographing certain subjects. Could be covering locations like WWI monuments and remnants in the Verdun area, whole regions like the Italian Alps, specific animal behaviour like the rut of the red deer, etc. How many images I shoot doesn't really matter. I just need that feeling like "Alright, job done! Covered it! What's next?" ^_^

....... and before you know it, you already added 2000 images :D

Betty: "Hmmm...maybe my nose would be interesting....or not.    :rolleyes: " 

Only if there's a huge pimple on it. .......face, nose, close up, pimple, wart, Halloween, funny, ugly, scary, pustule, papule, .... :ph34r:   

Cheers,

Philippe  :P

I like your brand of humor, Philippe! It's crazy at my house and among my relatives. We're a light-hearted bunch with zany quips, zingers and tricks up our sleeves.

Laughing is the best medicine of all.

Thanks y'all!

No offence Betty,

It is about the images ( on Alamy that would include the captions and

keywords) and licenses not the total number of images on sale.

Chuck

I have to totally agree

I think the point that Chuck makes is, it is about the number of pictures, there diversity, captions, keywords, and licenses ......... etc.

Unless I missed something ...... which on current form would not surprise me!

No offence Betty,

keywords) and licenses not the total number of images on sale.

Chuck

Yes, Chuck, that's why I made the remark about not shooting my nose. Which meant not shooting inconsequential things to only drive up numbers.

You shoot men laying stone walks...I've shot men building houses. Can't see a huge difference there.

One shoots what they find in their environment when one can't travel the world.

So I do my best at shooting things that I can conceivably license. And some of my early work before I had that concept firmly in mind, does license. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.

My whole point is to mine my environment since I'm pretty town bound caring for someone with dementia. I do the best I can under the circumstances. Meanwhile, numbers are important. Each thousand I add means one more sale a month on average for my subjects.

I'm not lucky enough to have access to the faces of important people.

Well done Betty! I just hit the 7000 mark and I am pretty happy to get there. It seems like this past 1000 images was long tough slog but worth it as my sales have started to increase more than before!

Ahh, Michael, you've just given me a new goal!

Argggg! I have just noticed my reputation is on "666" the devils number. Quick someone please give me another greenie to get me away from it. :(

Allan

MANY THANKS to the very nice person who gave me that greeie.  :wub:

ITMA

Well done Betty. Ignore the ones who like to criticise and post negativity and complaints in a clearly positive thread.

Keep doing what you're doing and good luck with reaching your next goal. :)   My goal has been 5000 for a long time, but for the past year I've removed more than I've added! At least most now are good images though, as opposed to rubbish.  :)

Geoff.

I've admired what you have done, Geoff. Why? Because it is working for you!

I've long debated doing the same. I began going through my port probably 4-5 years ago and getting rid of some what I considered poor images.Then a few sold, one repeatedly, and I had to ask Alamy to remove them from deletion.

So.... you have the guts. I don't! ;)

I have a lot of rubbish images but am not removing them since this one sold for a reasonable fee. :D

Allan

LOL! I have a few rubbish images, too. Some are rubbish floating in a river...some are of a pile waiting by the curb (Kerb?) awaiting Big Trash pickup. And some of the men picking it up.

Argggg! I have just noticed my reputation is on "666" the devils number. Quick someone please give me another greenie to get me away from it. :(

Allan

ITMA

As always, anything I can do, Allan.

Allan

ITMA

If I could walk on water, as you quoted in one of your posts recently, I would walk across the pond and kiss you on both cheeks. :)

Allan

Allan

ITMA

I'm SO sorry Allan, but you're now back on 666.

Now I feel terrible! I couldn't resist giving you a red arrow. Oh dear, let me give you some greenies on your other posts to make up for it.

Geoff.  :D

I just need the one PLEASE. It means a lot to me but I am sworn to secrecy as to why. ;)

I will get you back for that but as I do not give red arrows I will have to think of something else. :(

Happy Christmas anyways. :)

Allan

Allan

ITMA

If I could walk on water, as you quoted in one of your posts recently, I would walk across the pond and kiss you on both cheeks. :)

Allan

One of us needs to try that, Allan. I would like it to be you so I can get the kisses AND the photo op. You might want to put on your waterwings just in case. Just try not to splash my camera. ;)

No offence Betty,

keywords) and licenses not the total number of images on sale.

Chuck

Yes there is clearly a debate to be had about quantity vs quality, but I don't really understand your motives for bringing that issue to this thread.

The OP has reached a significant milestone and I can't see anything negative about sharing and recognising such an achievement.

This forum is one of the few that has managed to maintain a community spirit and is all the better for it. Communities support each other and are not solely motivated by perfectionism.

In my opinion at least

No offence Betty,

keywords) and licenses not the total number of images on sale.

Chuck

Yes there is clearly a debate to be had about quantity vs quality, but I don't really understand your motives for bringing that issue to this thread.

The OP has reached a significant milestone and I can't see anything negative about sharing and recognising such an achievement.

This forum is one of the few that has managed to maintain a community spirit and is all the better for it. Communities support each other and are not solely motivated by perfectionism.

In my opinion at least

+1

Archived