Getting rid of a popup

I had a paid sub to Kaspersky virus program last year.  I don't want to renew.  They've been driving me crazy with popups.  I use an IMac, and I went to programs and deleted the file.  The subscription has expired as of a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still getting those popups every....time....I....turn....on.....the.....computer.

How can I get rid of them?  Do I have to hear from Kaspersky multiple times a day?  Even when I open PS or in the middle of doing other things?

HELP!

Betty

You should probably have used the uninstall program in order to get rid of most of the accompanying files. I did so, but I also got some pop-ups for a period, it stopped after a while.

I don't know about your Mac, but as far as I remember, I found additional files and deleted them in either the Control Panel and / or simple file search.

An Internet search will help you - I remember that I found other users that had difficulties getting rid of all the remnants.

Niels

I had a paid sub to Kaspersky virus program last year.  I don't want to renew.  They've been driving me crazy with popups.  I use an IMac, and I went to programs and deleted the file.  The subscription has expired as of a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still getting those popups every....time....I....turn....on.....the.....computer.

How can I get rid of them?  Do I have to hear from Kaspersky multiple times a day?  Even when I open PS or in the middle of doing other things?

HELP!

Betty

Popups! the worst and most insidious virus.

Allan

I always figure that since most people find popups severely annoying, the more popups a site gives you, the less likely you are to want to deal with them.

I am always frustrated when I go to a site, and am about to click on something, then up comes a popup asking if I want to subscribe to their newsletter.  I back out of their site.

Jill

I don't remember when you got your Mac, Betty, but if you got AppleCare and it is still in effect they are wonderful on the phone. I had an anti-virus program that they helped me get rid of -- along with the stray bits and pieces.

Paulette

Archived