Rejected for Digital Camera Being Under Spec

I take photos using my LG G3, which produces some exceptionally lovely still shots. My phots were rejected because my camera is apparently not on an approved list, but there appears to be no list I can find anywhere. Does anyone have some advice for me on starting off? Its frustrating to be told you're using the wrong camera when they don't have a list of approved cameras.

I take photos using my LG G3, which produces some exceptionally lovely still shots. My phots were rejected because my camera is apparently not on an approved list, but there appears to be no list I can find anywhere. Does anyone have some advice for me on starting off? Its frustrating to be told you're using the wrong camera when they don't have a list of approved cameras.

It's a phone. Phone images are only accepted through Stockimo and are edited for content, not technical quality. The sensors are too small and noisy to pass conventional Alamy QC. APS-C is the usual minimum size but there is plenty of discussion on the forum about it.

You will need to use a DSLR, mirrorless or one of the few fixed-lens cameras which can pass QC.

It's a phone, not a camera.

Might I suggest your shots were rejected because they did not meet Alamy's requirements (and "exceptionally lovely" is not one of those requirements) . . .

Ignore the camera and look instead at Alamy's requirements: that's how to avoid rejection.

dd

Apart from not being able to stand scrutiny when enlarged, I think a large body of phone images will disappear into the ether and leave proper camera pictures as the only ones which are saved for the future... there may be a big void in years to come, which stock shooters will be filling now.

The Panasonic Lumix CM1 has a sensor that is the same as some cameras that have no problem with alamy standards.  Could be useful for places where you can't use a big camera.  I don't like photographers that think its all about the camera, I would have no problem using a mobile phone for alamy if the quality is as good as the compact cameras that pass QC. Seems like only a matter of time until that happens

I think a proper camera is cheaper than a fancy phone - at least if you know where to shop.

I just bought a Nikon D3300 for $397 and have already uploaded and passed QC with pics from it.  I have a LG G3 and use it for snaps but leave the stock to the Nikons.  If Stockimo opens up to Android I might consider some of the LGs pics.  

Nikon have recently greatly reduced the price of the D3300 it seems. I was browsing in my local PCWorld store (not a place I have ever bought a camera I should add) and they have D3300 bodies for an amazing £209 (including a £20 cashback), £279 with 18-55 VR lens and around £319 with two Nikkor zooms. I bought one with the 18-55 VR a few months back for my son for his 18th birthday for £340 and it is an excellent little machine.

Hopefully these sorts of prices will encourage people to delve into the world of the interchangeable lens camera - phone cameras are great but they have their limits.

I think a proper camera is cheaper than a fancy phone - at least if you know where to shop.

I just bought a Nikon D3300 for $397 and have already uploaded and passed QC with pics from it.  I have a LG G3 and use it for snaps but leave the stock to the Nikons.  If Stockimo opens up to Android I might consider some of the LGs pics.

I have uploaded LGG3 pics to Stockimo, but emailed them to my iPad and then I could use the Stockimo app. I have an iPhone now.

The G3 has a great camera.

Archived