It used to be that I was always logged on to Alamy. Now, after inadvertantly logging out, I am required to log in every time I open the website and I cannot find the button to click to keep me permanently logged in as way back when.

I am still permanently logged into the forum site despite logging out on purpose the other day then logging back in.

Anyone having same problem and how do I solve it?

Allan

Hi Allan

I seem to remember that on the log in page where they ask for username and password there was a tiny box bottom LEFT which if you clicked it kept you logged in? 

Still there?

Cheers

Kumar

When I'm on the My Alamy page in Chrome, the address at the top is   "secure.alamy.com,MyAlamy.aspx?login=1"

On Firefox it's   "secure.alamy.com,MyAlamy.aspx",    without the login bit on the end.

If you try pasting the second into the Chrome search box, it automatically adds the login bit.

It must be some Chrome security setting, but I can't work out what.

Thanks for all the replies.

No Kumar the little tick box is not there.

Should have mentioned I am using Safari on my iMac.

Allan

EDIT: Here's a good one, not related but I have to mention it.

Tried to login to an online bank account with a well known bank. Their security auto logoff was logging me out within 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes of no action on the site.

I emailed them with a request it be looked into.

They replied I, "should be using a standard PC and not a Mac product."  This even though I had successfully logged into my account with them from my Mac in the past.

Boy are they going to get a reply and a half.

Archived