I just wanted to ask, what is going on lately with zooms? I mean I have weird bunches of zooms, large movement, some images even 2-3 times zoomed, my CTR is 1,41 (last 30 days), graphic shows 4,84, whatever that means... Is it some glitch? At the same time I see no sales since March at all, which is not normal with my account. What am I missing?

Does anyone else find they get a glut of sales at the end of a month?  Is there an accounting reason why this happens? :huh:

I think I often see this pattern. Probably bookkeeping procedures end of month.

That's my guess as well. However, this month is shaping up to be the opposite of last month with three sales (two of them very good) right off the bat. Perhaps those bookkeeping procedures can also spill over into the beginning of the next month.

Does anyone else find they get a glut of sales at the end of a month?  Is there an accounting reason why this happens? :huh:

I think I often see this pattern. Probably bookkeeping procedures end of month.

That's my guess as well. However, this month is shaping up to be the opposite of last month with three sales (two of them very good) right off the bat. Perhaps those bookkeeping procedures can also spill over into the beginning of the next month.

John, I am seeing the same thing, four good sales already!

Well, June looks like to be a slow month for me. Anyone is experiencing the same thing?

I'll say! Maybe even dead stop! 68 views yesterday for two pseudos. It's hard facing up to the fact that I'm just not good at this. :(

June has been a strange but good month so far. My zooms are at an all time low but sales are above average. I hope this sales pace continues!

They've all been strange months for me this year, this one not as odd as some, thankfully.

Well, June looks like to be a slow month for me. Anyone is experiencing the same thing?

I've licensed three images this month so far and all three account for almost 50% of my revenue for this year.  Despite scratching my head regarding the total license fee for a two page editorial spread (about half of what I would have expected - per Alamy, the contract terms were agreed to 5 years ago), June has been very good to me so far.

It's hard facing up to the fact that I'm just not good at this. :(

But that might not be the case.

It may be the same in other industries... but I have noticed in this industry that when things go well and people get lots of sales then its a team effort, well done the agency, well done the camera manufacturer etc, etc... oh, and well done the person who pressed the button. But when things go awry and sales are not forthcoming then its down to one person, the creator.

A certain amount of soul-searching and introspection is not a bad thing but it can lead to a depressing spiral of negativity when the true cause of the decline may be partially or wholly out of the hands of the creator.

Mass collections of imagery enabled by the digital revolution of 15 years ago is yesterday's story.  This isn't going to work for anybody coming in now, nor anyone who hasn't been at it for years and done the work.  Failing at Alamy now is like failing to board a train that doesn't stop at your station anymore.  I suspect Alamy's main business over the coming years will be as a distributor of premium agency collections and seller of crowd-sourced phone photography. 

Making judgements about our abilities based on how we do here is like concluding that we lack musical talent because we can't hack it at Eurovision

• 3 months later...

Mine weren't the first sales, just an addition to an average number at this point.  

I'm also wondering if picscout is kicking in as there seem to be many previous sales being relicensed?

Kathy

Been prompted into thinking about this and had to go back some way to find references to PicScout, hence the resurrected thread . . .

Does Alamy simply always sic PicScout onto infringers, or does Alamy sometimes just charge infringers for the discovered use?

If the former, does that mean PicScout take their half of the collected fee (correct me if I'm wrong on PicScout's cut . . . ) then Alamy take their cut, then the contributor gets . . . what percentage?

If the answer is that the contributor gets less than 50% of the collected fee, wouldn't it be better for all if Alamy simply charged for the use, thereby collecting half for themselves and half for the contributor, sans PicScout taking half in the first place?

Has anyone collected a fee from a PicScout action that seemed equal to what they would have expected from a "normal" sale, or was it obviously missing PicScout's cut?

dd

Archived