Tree identification..

NYCat

Thank you for the tip and the compliment. Of course, I am always thinking about the creatures and I neglected to ask what kind of tree it is sitting in.

Paulette

With respect, I don't think that's a fig tree. It might be a friggin' tree? As in: "Let's get away from that friggin' tree before that creature with the huge beak gets us!" 

Tou can play at that game.

Allan

Sorry do not know the tree.

With respect, I don't think that's a fig tree. It might be a friggin' tree? As in: "Let's get away from that friggin' tree before that creature with the huge beak gets us!" 

Tou can play at that game.

Allan

Sorry do not know the tree.

Tou-ché, Allan.  :P

Species: Schefflera morototoni ( . Aubl ) Maguire , Steyerm . & Frodin

Synonyms: Didymopanax morototoni ( Aubl . ) Decne . & Planch .

Family: Araliaceae

Common name : caixeta occurred in RS :

Native Geographical Distribution: In Rio Grande do Sul is common in the forest of the Upper Uruguay and possible on the Atlantic forest ( Sobral et al., 2006 )

I hope it helps,

Cheers

Typical Araliacea flower / fruiting heads on Reimar's photo.  I agree, they don't correspond with what I can see on Paulette's original image - even if they were significantly degraded.  Looking again, the other problem I can see is that the petioles on the original shot are too short for a Schefflera.  Which leaves Paulette with no ID yet.

Paulette, didn't we forget something ......?

Cheers,

Phliippe  :P

Uh oh, I don't understand. Not that I'm surprised when I forget something.

Paulette

Oh, yes. Also the greenies. I must admit that I totally ignore the little red and green flags because I have such an aversion to the red ones. They caused me great pain when they drove you away for a time, Philippe. So glad you are back. And I shall add some greenies. Very grateful for help on this.

Paulette

Archived