I've been doing some keywording and I guess the gods don't want me to have to continue because now I can't log in. I am logged in here, but not from the first page. Just me?

Paulette

I just had problem with login too. But when you try insert your login details (it shows error, right?) and then go back (backspace) or click on main Alamy page, it should work fine. This problem is known for about 3 years for me and few other people here. Don't worry specially ;)

Thanks, Arletta, but that doesn't seem to be the situation for me. I don't get an error message. It just goes back to saying LogIn.  Also, when I try to log in there is no little box to check to keep myself logged in.

Paulette

OK for me now. I can't tell why as the things I was doing -- reset Safari, etc. weren't working. I got a reply from Alamy saying it was Ok at their end and then when I opened Safari I was logged in.

Paulette

It's always worth having another browser installed when things like this happen. Firefox is a good browser. Sometimes something will work in Firefox and not Safari and vice versa.

Me too.  I clicked "forgot your password" and had one re-sent but it didn't work either.  I spoke with customer support and they didn't help me either.  I THINK I'm OK now and will try to re-set my original password.

Edit: I reset my password and still can't log in to My Alamy, though I can post here on the forum under my own account.  I have no clue what's up but I'd sure like to get into My Alamy.  What's odd for me is that the forum shows me as being logged in but I can't get into My Alamy and when I actually click log in and enter my credentials, it just keeps popping up as "log in".

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to be connected to the https protocol, as that's used to display the "My Alamy" page. All other pages - if you can find deep links for them - can be accessed, but not the "My Alamy" page. I have the issue too, where I can't display the "My Alamy" page - but I can see all other pages, if I access them through deep links.

I haven't found any solution as of yet, but it seems to be connected with their https protocol and handling. Maybe it's a syncing issue.

Update: I'm in, also on the https destination, "My Alamy". I used Chrome, but as expected, there's no issues with Microsoft Internet Explorer (11). The reason why expected this, is that Alamy is asp/aspx code based, which means .net, which in turn means Microsoft Visual Studio .NET as the developer tool (probably). 

So I can recommend all you guys to log in with Internet Explorer.

am having the problem outlined by the op today. never happened before. I cleared cache etc but nothing works in IE but can log in on chrome. I log in on home page and it shows me logged in. Then when i go to my alamy takes me to the login page again. I can go to my lightboxes but not to my alamy

Kevin

Archived