Night and dusk images - what's your best on Alamy?

Jools Elliott

These threads just serve to remind me how lax I am - I must get out (at night) more!  I've not much to choose from here.  Anyhow...

Clevedon Pier, Somerset, UK
clevedon-pier-at-sunset-the-pier-was-des

Brill Windmill, Buckinghamshire, UK
silhouette-view-of-brill-windmill-buckin

Carter's Steam Fair, UK

a-traditional-steam-driven-merry-go-roun

I'm gonna give it some time to let a few others guess, Michael. Not the Adriatic --  ;)

And not DC -- it's NYC on my street . . . that's the Empire State Building, baby! Oh, maybe you didn't name the first one, and  you meant Seattle, Washington? Sorry.  :rolleyes:

Oops, missed the New York one somehow! That's odd, maybe it didn't load the first time I looked.

I love night time shooting, cities are interesting at night and going on a night shoot slows you down and makes you pay attention to detail. 

the-cathedral-and-cathedral-square-in-li       the-brandenburg-gate-in-berlin-at-night-

Lincoln Cathedral and Berlin's Brandenburg gate

Colin, I really like the image of Lincoln Cathedral! Cathedrals are a subject that I like doing a lot and this looks like a place that holds some nice imagery.

Thanks for posting it up :)

Thanks Jools

It is a lovely old town. The cathedral square is fairly small but very interesting and the old street that descends off to the right is also very photogenic. The image itself is HDR which I personally think gives great shots at this time of day. There are plenty of HDR loathers and it is very frequently overcooked as to be horrendous (I have done more than a few horrendous overcooked myself) but in the gloaming like this I do like it.

Cheers

Colin

Thanks Jools

It is a lovely old town. The cathedral square is fairly small but very interesting and the old street that descends off to the right is also very photogenic. The image itself is HDR which I personally think gives great shots at this time of day. There are plenty of HDR loathers and it is very frequently overcooked as to be horrendous (I have done more than a few horrendous overcooked myself) but in the gloaming like this I do like it.

Cheers

Colin

Thanks Colin.

What are you using for HDR? If you've never tried it, give enfuse a go. It's a Lightroom plugin that gives some very good results indeed. I use it when I do interior stuff in churches/ cathedrals.

Archived