Made the DM again:)

Jools Elliott

Philippe, have you sorted that video yet? If not, give me a yell!

Yep!  :) I'll soon upload them (Unfortunately not here. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm not allowed  :unsure: - Alamy, come on! What are you waiting for?).

I'll post you some links when it's done. Like to hear your opinion.

Cheers,

Philippe

Great!

And +1 on Alamy doing online video upload. They are falling way behind the mark on this.

Yep!  :) I'll soon upload them (Unfortunately not here. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm not allowed  :unsure: - Alamy, come on! What are you waiting for?).

Cheers,

Philippe

Great!

And +1 on Alamy doing online video upload. They are falling way behind the mark on this.

We made a statement in the thread you made about this last week:

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/3294-online-video-upload-a-poll/

Cheers,

Philippe

Great!

We made a statement in the thread you made about this last week:

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/3294-online-video-upload-a-poll/

i saw that and I think it's a shame. You could easily start down a good road with online video upload and keep the tight QC on it.

Oh well.

Thanks folks!

Wim, thanks for that. Unfortauntely, that one is through a distributor so I'll get a cut of a cut. Still, it's money!

That is weird, so DM gets Alamy images via a distributor?

The other way around: French newspaper - image of London, I would understand.

Is it because you are not in the Newspaper Scheme?

wim

Jools, it's great how each of your beautiful vistas fills entire (iPad) screen.

The comments I see this time are more on target than some were the first time your work was highlighted in DM -

This is my fav: "More of these articles please. Less Kardashians."

Well done, all around. Congrats! - Ann

----------

Morning all

Just sat eating my lunch and the news has come through that I have another series of images in the DM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2839082/Photographer-Julian-Elliott-captures-beauty-Britain-autumn.html

Thanks Ann. I've been keeping an eye on the comments and so far there isn't the usual spite you get from some people.

This set is from a far different photographer though. It was done with a specific purpose in mind and I tried to go for maximum visual interest. The one from the top of the Brecon Beacons was exhilarating. High winds and I could see rain would be headed my way. Couldn't believe that the images actually came out sharp.

And it's nice to get a comment about wanting more and less of the Kardashians ;)

Yes Danny, you hit the nail on the head!

Just gone back to see what people have said and the positive comments are nice. There are a couple who have moaned about the processing though. 

First says I should use LAB color. I used to a long time ago but I feel this adds a certain "look" to the images.

The second says they need more contrast and colour. Well contrast and blacks are added in LR. As for colour, if it's not there in the first place then why should I add it in?

With each one I run the risk of the "nice images but they look Photoshopped" and I don't want that.

Hi Jools!

Just to let you know that your Image "Sunrise seen from  Map Top(? I think) " was on p5 of the Times newspaper today. Not sure whether it was through Alamy.

The caption said " Taken by British photographer Jules Elliot who moved to live in France as the weather in the UK was not good enough"

Kumar

I saw that Doc. It wasn't through Alamy as the image is elsewhere.

That headline is misleading and isn't what I had written at all in my Q&A. I did state that the weather was fickle in the UK but I didn't say I moved to France because of the weather.

I moved to France because my wife is French and I loved being there. After 35 years in Salisbury I had to get out! I would cycle to work everyday and see the same people day in and day out. Change was needed.

Tours offers me much better transport connections. France is far better on rail prices than the UK. Example being this. Last Friday I took the train from Salisbury to London. It cost me £35 or so for a single. Train is slow as anything. Had a one way ticket from Paris to Tours on the "slow" train which is actually more like the UK's intercity trains. Cost was 35€ but it's double the distance.

The thing that the UK is good for is distance. Getting to the coast is a lot simpler as is certain countryside. France is so much more spread out and it makes driving long.

Archived