Another milestone....

RedSnapper

Not depressing, but inspiring. It goes to show what can be achieved with hard work, commercial focus and probably a lot of determination.

Thank you for sharing your stats.

Regards

Craig

Yes I agree. Don't wish to take anything away for your hard work and achievements Keith.

Allan

back from 2006, thats 8 years, 250k / 8 years / 12 months = 2600$ (1500£) per month, not even going to make more maths but I am sure you guys know there is rent, food, clothes, travel, gear, taxes, etc don't show these kind of posts trying to bring more people into stock, its not worth the hassle and it will only be disappointing! needless to say congratulations to him once he must be one top contributors at Alamy, maybe time to find another agencies!

its actually 750 £ as Alamy takes half

750 £ for shooting lets say 100k files, selecting 27k, editing, keywording and then submitting them on the worst submission process ever? for that money the world is really insane...

Luis, I'm sure Keith got many fewer sales when he first started with Alamy since he would have had fewer images on sale. I tried to look at his images with the earlier reference numbers but I can't find any way to move back in a portfolio more than a few pages at a time. Is there a way to move to the last page?? Maybe something to suggest to Alamy if there is no way. Anyway, my point is that he is probably making a very good income now with 23, 602 images. I know he works hard!

Paulette

Luis, I'm sure Keith got many fewer sales when he first started with Alamy since he would have had fewer images on sale. I tried to look at his images with the earlier reference numbers but I can't find any way to move back in a portfolio more than a few pages at a time. Is there a way to move to the last page?? Maybe something to suggest to Alamy if there is no way. Anyway, my point is that he is probably making a very good income now with 23, 602 images. I know he works hard!

Paulette

sure!

lets make some more maths, on the screenshot we can see 533 sales this year, his all time RPD is close to 70$

533 sales x 70 rpd x 0.5 photographer commission / 6 months = 3100$ / month

even that is nothing for 27k files, there is one major stock agency that would do you that amount with 3-6k files only (not even going to talk about the submission here at Alamy comparing to other agencies)

Paulette

750 £ for shooting lets say 100k files, selecting 27k, editing, keywording and then submitting them on the worst submission process ever? for that money the world is really insane...

NO, it's not £750 for 27000 images, it's £750/month  (we put the £ sign first, btw) for a month's worth of images, which on your arithmetic is 280.

£3/image, recurring every month on those already on sale, is not bad.

Whether it is the 'worst submission process ever' is down to your own personal QC. And that's from someone in the sinbin.

there is one major stock agency that would do you that amount with 3-6k files only (not even going to talk about the submission here at Alamy comparing to other agencies)

Go there then. Don't run down a success story.

its incredible how photographers keep on talking like stock is having the best time ever, you can dream and hide what you wish that is up to you, no worries!

again 27k pictures making £ 750 per month isn't acceptable, if you believe it is go ahead!

But it's NOT £750, is it? On your figures this year it's nearly £2000.

BTW your low RPI might be something to do with a large number of similars.

sorry but this discussion was regarding the OP account, not mine, if I want your opinion I would have open a topic and tell my earnings from Alamy, anyway I have given up on them a long time ago, I am better off with all other stock agencies that actually sell our work

I am just saying that Alamy isn't working that hard to sell our work, with 27k files we should expect a lot more money, buyers aren't here that is a fact looking at these statistics from a top contributor as Alamy called him, a top contributor should do £ 10k or even 100k, not 3k

you guys can give all the minus you want, the truth lives on his statistics from 27k which is a big portfolio to understand the all Alamy situation

its incredible how photographers keep on talking like stock is having the best time ever, you can dream and hide what you wish that is up to you, no worries!

again 27k pictures making £ 750 per month isn't acceptable, if you believe it is go ahead!

Keith does a lot of stock work off the back of paid work, as do many professionals. A modicum of searching will show you his site and the work he does.

Keith does a lot of stock work off the back of paid work, as do many professionals. A modicum of searching will show you his site and the work he does.

sure! I am mainly talking about what I know, that is the screenshot on the top!

Go easy with the red arrows, folks, he's new to the forum and I think there's a language barrier.

Luis, I inferred from your posts that you were dissatisfied with your RPI so I suggested a reason.

If you spend a little more time here you will discover that this is an open forum and people are free to speak as they see fit.

Go easy with the red arrows, folks, he's new to the forum and I think there's a language barrier.

Luis, I inferred from your posts that you were dissatisfied with your RPI so I suggested a reason.

If you spend a little more time here you will discover that this is an open forum and people are free to speak as they see fit.

sure there might be a language barrier once I am portuguese but I am sure you understood me well, Alamy isn't paying off our efforts, that is what I am trying to say!

Congratulations Keith.  It looks like you are having a 2% licensing rate based on the size of your portfolio so far for the year (533/27194).  That's very impressive and absolutely shows the hard work in creating images that customers want and keywording them correctly.

My average is much lower...at .02% but it does show the right images do get the correct attention.

£20k a year on the back of work that i've already been paid to do or is simply made walking about the streets of my town is not something i'm ashamed of

km

I haven't said the opposite, we cannot forget we are talking about 27k pictures, I just said you deserved more and other agencies would have paid you that!

Congrats Keith on a great milestone. 

I don't understand all the red arrows for Luis. He is stating his opinion and not being rude or arrogant. He is not putting down Keith's work. 

Jill

Archived