June Challenge - Perspective : Time to Vote!

Tom

June Challenge - Perspective : Time to Vote!  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite :)

• Colin's 'Self and Leader of the Opposition in Bolivia'
    • Lynne's 'Vanishing White Walls'
    • Russell's 'A Slightly Different Perspective'
    • Lynn's 'Converging Lines of the Washington Metro Station'
    • Reimar's '3D Glasses'
    • NYCat's 'Zebras'
    • ann's 'Staircase of Historic Inn'
    • Allan's 'A14 Looking East'
    • Phil's 'Real Life vs. Ad Life'
    • Stokie's 'The Meeting Place'

Hey everyone,

The deadline for this month's challenge of 'Perspective' has now passed, so it's time to cast your vote!
I was really impressed with all of your entries, I loved the interesting variety of interpretations. I think that diversity is reflected in the choice of finalists, and here they are.
Voting closes a week today, Monday 7th July. Happy voting :) 

1. Colin's 'Self and Leader of the Opposition in Bolivia'

C47F4T.jpg

2. Lynne's 'Vanishing White Walls'

BA8RHE.jpg

3. Russell's 'A Slightly Different Perspective'

CYD9J4.jpg

4. Lynn's 'Converging Lines of the Washington Metro Station'

DA8DGE.jpg

5. Remiar's '3D Glasses'

C0Y6BM.jpg

6. NYCat's 'Zebras'

DCTNNE.jpg

7. ann's 'Staircase of Historic Inn'

C5RJPJ.jpg

8. Allan's 'A14 Looking East'

BB8WGA.jpg

9. Phil's 'Real Life vs. Ad Life'

DYMP4F.jpg

10. Stokie's 'The Meeting Place'

D3PPAM.jpg

Thanks for including me. I really must give credit to my models. It was an amazing experience to watch herds of zebras coming to the waterhole. It was quite noisy. They make a sort of barking sound. And are, of course, very beautiful.

Paulette

Can I have three votes please Tom? Too hard to pick just one. I feel Allan's A14 is the textbook definition. If I was a teacher trying to teach students what 'perspective' is I'd use Allan's photo. And then there's Lynne's vanishing white walls which certainly is the one which both illustrates 'perspective' and is the most visually attractive to me, the one I would most like as a canvas over my couch. It's so clean, pure and simple. But I think I'll have to go with Lynn's Metro Station. For a flat surface, these lines really suck you right in. I almost get a little seasick by it. My eyes go right down along the tracks and I'm drawn right along into the scene. I need a motion sickness pill. But from my perspective, well done and a 'high five' to Allan and Lynne as well.

Thank you for including my view up Mohonk Mountain House staircase, Tom. (Having the shot here on A is made possible due to owner's kind permission to make some of my photos, without people, of inn available for editorial licensing.)

Since I'm seriously torn between voting for 2 entries, will have to come back to cast mine.

And I continue to find it interesting, though not surprising, how the favorite images mentioned are different from one person to another, month after month.  - Ann

Wow, I'm happy to have made the first cut.  I thought my hiker couple on a peak with binoculars would be the one to get selected, if any - but hey, it's  all fun.

Thanks for including one of my images in the final. An honour.

Now I will vote for which I think is best and looking at them it will not be my own.

Allan

Can I have three votes please Tom? Too hard to pick just one. I feel Allan's A14 is the textbook definition. If I was a teacher trying to teach students what 'perspective' is I'd use Allan's photo. And then there's Lynne's vanishing white walls which certainly is the one which both illustrates 'perspective' and is the most visually attractive to me, the one I would most like as a canvas over my couch. It's so clean, pure and simple. But I think I'll have to go with Lynn's Metro Station. For a flat surface, these lines really suck you right in. I almost get a little seasick by it. My eyes go right down along the tracks and I'm drawn right along into the scene. I need a motion sickness pill. But from my perspective, well done and a 'high five' to Allan and Lynne as well.

Thank you for the comment on my image Lisa. Have a green one from me.

I think your comments on all the photos you mentioned are valid and I seem to be following a similar path.

Allan

A big thank you Tom for selecting my image, it's an honor just to be included among such fine company.  And also thank you to Lisa for both your vote and your very kind comments about my image. 

Just a reminder that voting closes at midnight tomorrow, so you've got just over 24 hours if anyone wants to cast a last minute vote!

Ok everyone, this month's competition has now finished.

The winner is Colin with his 'Self and Leader of the Opposition in Bolivia' - well done Colin, it's a really imaginative and striking image! Over to you for July's challenge :)

Well done to all of the other finalists as well. You all submitted some really great pictures and I enjoyed seeing your different perspectives on the theme!

I've really enjoyed hosting the competition for this month, so thanks very much everyone :) it's been great fun!

Just caught Google looking at this thread. Keep a look out for images on here appearing elsewhere. ;)

Allan

Archived