Derp ! How do I post photos ?

Hmmm.  I tried. Didn't work.  OK, drag-n-drop worked.

DJC0E6.jpg
DPGDYF.jpg

Large photo, I read that you do a search like a customer. RT click on the photo, copy image location.

Click picture icon above reply box. Paste into popupDTTRMG.jpg

OK, did that, not large photo.

I did it yesterday in the "Subject| thread, and I know many use it in the thread about finding images. For other stuff, I upload to my own personal website and link to there.

fred-redone-with-collar.jpg

Dragged this one from my website.

Jill

You can use the image icon (bottom row, 11th from left, green square) and paste in the url, which you can obtain from the image by right clicking, then properties (in windows).

John.

There is this My Media button in the Reply to this topic window.

Just nobody knows how it works or should work.

It could be the solution for images that are not available on the web.

wim

Doug,

Open an extra tab in your browser. Drag your photo to the tab of the page were it has to go. Wait a moment till that tab opens. Drag your photo to the box on that page, all the while holding your mouse or pen button. Releasing the button over the box will drop your photo there. Releasing the button somewhere else will usually display your photo in your browser. Or put it onto your desktop.

Now with Flickr it's slightly more complicated, probably because you disabled the download feature, which is why I will not publish it here.

I'm not too familiar with Flickr, so I could be wrong.

wim

Someone suggested this to me: "Try uploading your pic to a free hosting place like http://postimage.org/ - you can then use the link they give you to embed it within your blog post." Instead of using the ever-controversial Flickr. Using images from your Alamy collection is easier. 

Trying to explain the step-by-step of how to do this in text is lots harder than doing it. Wim does as well as possible in explaining, but I suggest you calm down and fool around with it for a while . . . and who knows? It may work. Good luck. 

And this is what Alan posted once . . . right to the point:

"I open the required image to Desktop as if a customer.

Ensure the forum location is open where I wish to place image.

Simply left click and hold on image on Desktop and drag to location on forum.

Image appears on forum as if by magic.

Allan" 

And thanks to Peter.  :)

Archived