Photoshop CC license

I was considering to subscribe to the new Adobe Photoshop CC monthly license program as there's an offer covering both Photoshop and Lightroom.

So, I have a question for anyone here who made already a subscription.  As I work at home on a imac and, when travelling, on a macbook, I was wondering if I can install the software on both computers or do I have to make a double subscription?

Stefano

"you can install and activate Creative Cloud desktop applications on two computers, regardless of operating system, for the individual associated with the Creative Cloud membership"

Thanks!

What I do not understand is why everything in Euros is more expensive than US dollars! 12,29 euros against 9,99 usd in this case for the monthly subscription!

Australians pay approximately 30% more for Adobe products, even downloads.  The Australian government sent them a "please explain" awhile back. 

you could kinda understand it with physical products - dvd's cd's etc, especially if adobe dont have any presses for the Cd's etc in that country, but come on! 30% more for downloads is taking the biscuit. data does not take any longer or any more transit time (none thats not more than mililseconds anyway) to travel from the A to B!

I have them installed on desktop iMac and MacBook Pro laptop.  The only problem I had was everything installed fine on the laptop, but there were errors in the iMac installation.  I had to wait until I had time to hang on the phone forever to get the problem sorted.  I couldn't access a reinstall because Adobe already had me down for two installations.  I didn't know that I could uninstall and reinstall??

Anyway, when the time came to call Adobe, I got somebody who spoke with a heavy accent.  Sorry, but I don't decipher accents well.  I asked for an English speaking person and was told there was nobody.  I told the guy I would be asking for repeats a lot, and I did.  After about the 20th, "Pardon, I didn't understand you," he very slowly spoke and directed me to type in a url.  So I did.  Turns out he took remote control of my computer without asking permission to do so.

We got the installation done, but I was quite uneasy when the Adobe guy started opening my photography folders on my desktop and having a look around while exclaiming over my work.

Yes, I received an opportunity for a review of the service.  Yes, I did report what he did, and how it made me feel.  I guess I'm too polite for my own good, I should have told him off.  But I didn't.

Betty

Thanks!

What I do not understand is why everything in Euros is more expensive than US dollars! 12,29 euros against 9,99 usd in this case for the monthly subscription!

Spanish VAT is 21%. I assume the quoted US price is exclusive of state sales tax.

Thanks!

Spanish VAT is 21%. I assume the quoted US price is exclusive of state sales tax.

I would suspect that most dls in Europe are cross border, e.g the UK Adobe dl comes from Ireland so VAT-registered buyers don't have to pay VAT.

I have them installed on desktop iMac and MacBook Pro laptop.  The only problem I had was everything installed fine on the laptop, but there were errors in the iMac installation.  I had to wait until I had time to hang on the phone forever to get the problem sorted.  I couldn't access a reinstall because Adobe already had me down for two installations.  I didn't know that I could uninstall and reinstall??

Anyway, when the time came to call Adobe, I got somebody who spoke with a heavy accent.  Sorry, but I don't decipher accents well.  I asked for an English speaking person and was told there was nobody.  I told the guy I would be asking for repeats a lot, and I did.  After about the 20th, "Pardon, I didn't understand you," he very slowly spoke and directed me to type in a url.  So I did.  Turns out he took remote control of my computer without asking permission to do so.

We got the installation done, but I was quite uneasy when the Adobe guy started opening my photography folders on my desktop and having a look around while exclaiming over my work.

Yes, I received an opportunity for a review of the service.  Yes, I did report what he did, and how it made me feel.  I guess I'm too polite for my own good, I should have told him off.  But I didn't.

Betty

I've not signed up for CC yet. I don't know why I don't feel comfortable. Perhaps Adobe being hacked and I had to get a new credit card? No..I think it's more like your situation Betty. I'd feel very uncomfortable with anyone poking around my folders.Not that I have ever done anything illegal or immoral,it's just like 'undressing your computer' and that makes me uncomfortable. We *are* all now participants of 'The Truman show!'  L

Non VAT price is £7.14 so I suspect VAT is being quoted for Euro price - unless Euro has tanked recently.

Stipe is quoting a VAT-inclusive price, I think.

Be aware the you need os 10.7 onwards. Although PS runs on snow leopard, lightroom (cc) does not. No problem if you just upgrade free to mavericks.

Also, for me anyway, the Camera RAW filter is seriously worth having as I find it the best addtion to PS for a very long time.

I don't use LR but PS runs a dream.

I loaded it when the £8 deal was on so all I have to do is sell 2 newspaper photographs per month and I can buy half a pint with the remaining profits.

Andy

P.S.  As per your original question: I run it on my imac and macbook pro, so yes it is 2 devices. Curiously though if you have an earlier version on the mac then that remains in place and is usable unless you remove it.

Yes, guys, the price I quoted is VAT included but still is more expensive in Euros than USD. That's also because for Adobe the rate exchange for USD to € is 1 to 1 approx. :angry:

Anyway, after having read the Betty's experience, I will think about before subscribing to the CC service.

Thanks everyone for all your answers and help!

Stefano

After about the 20th, "Pardon, I didn't understand you," he very slowly spoke and directed me to type in a url.  So I did.  Turns out he took remote control of my computer without asking permission to do so.

Betty

I'd feel very uncomfortable with anyone poking around my folders.Not that I have ever done anything illegal or immoral,it's just like 'undressing your computer' and that makes me uncomfortable. We *are* all now participants of 'The Truman show!'  L

Remote access to your computer is actually quite a common support technique but, with a reputable company, poses no security risk.

The remote access is only active during the support call and, because everything takes place on your machine, any actions the technician takes are viewable by you. This is nothing to do with Photoshop CC and is used by a lot of software companies to facilitate problem solving. How the support engineer behaves during that problem solving is another matter!

Ian D

Yes, guys, the price I quoted is VAT included but still is more expensive in Euros than USD. That's also because for Adobe the rate exchange for USD to € is 1 to 1 approx. :angry:

Anyway, after having read the Betty's experience, I will think about before subscribing to the CC service.

Thanks everyone for all your answers and help!

Stefano

This is nothing new. US dollar prices from Adobe have always been way cheaper than £ and € whether it is for perpetual licence (or now subscription products) ever since I first purchased a Photoshop licence back in the 90s. The US dollar prices are presumably quoted without tax as each state has different taxes (as far as I know) but even then they are way cheaper than the UK or European prices. It's not just Adobe either. The only thing that is surprising is that anybody is actually surprised any more. 

Archived