My Pictures From SonyZVE1 Is Getting Rejected

Hi, 

My Pictures from SonyZVE1 is getting rejected siting reason the camera is incompatible to create quality images.

How do I get this shorted as this is a pretty expensive and modern camera from Sony.

Thanks,

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

That Sony camera is FULL Frame and only 12Mp.

Most Sony users on this forum use 24Mp cameras, both crop sensors and 1" sensor. A few are also using Sony full frame cameras at higher Mp.

I personally think you will be struggling to achieve suitable still images from your purposely built vloging camera.

Are you shooting stills as RAW images or jpeg?

Allan

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I personally think you will be struggling to achieve suitable still images from your purposely built vloging camera.

The sensor is limited to 12MP because there's no point having more for video, but it's well over the old 6MP minimum. my first DSLR was only 14Mp. I don't see why it shouldn't pass QC with the right processing.

• Love 1

It must be a mistake, perhaps they've just not heard of it, 12MP and a claimed 15 stops dynamic range, should be great. I would query it, they've rejected a 24MP Fuji X100f in the past if my memory serves me right, but it was new on the market. Of course you need to be sure that your images didn't give them any technical reasons that might have prompted them to give them the thumbs down.

Edit: Memory OK then. Phew.

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/10995-newbie-needs-help/

Edited by Harry Harrison

9 hours ago, CreatorKC said:

Hi, 

My Pictures from SonyZVE1 is getting rejected siting reason the camera is incompatible to create quality images.

How do I get this shorted as this is a pretty expensive and modern camera from Sony.

Thanks,

Contact customer services. They say they don't have an unsuitable camera list anymore - see the link below to a recent thread on this. However, they must be doing some sort of screening of the camera on the first submission (maybe they have a suitable camera list?). Sony's camera nomenclature is really confusing.  In any case, that is a pretty new full frame camera with an excellent sensor which is certainly good enough for Alamy's criteria so you need to let them know. 

Edited by MDM
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

The sensor is limited to 12MP because there's no point having more for video

So how do you propose shooting 6K and 8K video which are now becoming commonplace? 12MP is on the small side nowadays, fine for 4K video as long as you don't want to crop, zoom, pan  or downscale. 

Edited by MDM

16 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

But Alamy only require 6MP, so 12MP SonyZVE1 should be OK...?

Mark

That is why I asked if CreatorKC was shooting in RAW or jpeg.

Hoping to get some more info on processing he/she was doing.

Allan

23 hours ago, CreatorKC said:

20 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

That is why I asked if CreatorKC was shooting in RAW or jpeg.

Hoping to get some more info on processing he/she was doing.

Allan

It's nothing to do with the processing or the image quality. The submission was rejected because "the camera is incompatible to create quality images." This is incorrect. The camera costs more than £2000. It's 12MP because the sensor is the same as one of Sony's cameras designed with 4K video in mind and which has an excellent reputation. 12MP is plenty to pass Alamy QC as has been said. The venerable Nikon D700 was (is) also a 12MP camera and it more than meets Alamy's requirements in terms of image quality. The issue here is that despite the fact that they no longer have a list of unsuitable cameras, they are rejecting submissions on the basis of the camera used which raises some questions. 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, MDM said:

It's nothing to do with the processing or the image quality. The submission was rejected because "the camera is incompatible to create quality images." This is incorrect. The camera costs more than £2000. It's 12MP because the sensor is the same as one of Sony's cameras designed with 4K video in mind and which has an excellent reputation. 12MP is plenty to pass Alamy QC as has been said. The venerable Nikon D700 was (is) also a 12MP camera and it more than meets Alamy's requirements in terms of image quality. The issue here is that despite the fact that they no longer have a list of unsuitable cameras, they are rejecting submissions on the basis of the camera used which raises some questions.

The Sony sensor is actually 48MP and with pixel binning you get 48:4=12.

Looking forward to see an actual 100% image.

wim

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

The Sony sensor is actually 48MP and with pixel binning you get 48:4=12.

Looking forward to see an actual 100% image.

wim

I'll take your word for it. I was just going by what it says on the Sony site. In any case, there is no doubt that the camera more than qualifies as suitable for Alamy. There is a bewildering number of Sony cameras that begin with ZV-. Most seem to be compacts but broadly in the same mould as the RX-100 series, all of which are acceptable to Alamy. 

Edited by MDM

18 hours ago, MDM said:

So how do you propose shooting 6K and 8K video which are now becoming commonplace? 12MP is on the small side nowadays, fine for 4K video as long as you don't want to crop, zoom, pan  or downscale. 

I don't propose shooting 8K video. i don't think OP does either.

However, for example, the Arri Alexa 35 is 4608x3164. I make that 14.5MP. Surely 8K is only about 24MP anyway?

21 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Surely 8K is only about 24MP anyway?

33MP. The XH2 has a 40MP sensor and records in 8K, Sony's A1 has a 50MP sensor and also records in 8K.

On subject of resolution I've had a few photos taken with a GH4 published here, and that had a 16MP sensor.

21 hours ago, spacecadet said:

The sensor is limited to 12MP because there's no point having more for video,

However, for example, the Arri Alexa 35 is 4608x3164. I make that 14.5MP. Surely 8K is only about 24MP anyway?

You said there is no point in having more than 12MP for video so I was just making the point that 12MP falls way short of what several modern cameras are capable of shooting and 12MP is far from enough. The terms 4K, 6K, 8K etc have no exact meaning. 24 MP would be 6K (6000x4000 pixels approx). 8K can mean 7680 x 4320 or 8256x4644 and other sizes in different cameras but need a minimum of about 40MP. 

Edited by MDM

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

I don't propose shooting 8K video. i don't think OP does either.

There's anectodical evidence that shooting video at res greater than HD is overrated for most other than perhaps big Hollywood productions.  

It's widely recognized that an overwhelming majority of video content is viewed/consumed on small screens in HD.  Smartphones account for much of that then tablets, computer monitors, etc. - TV's are still largely HD.  4K TV's making inroads but not as much as the industry had hoped.

Stock video footage sellers report the bulk of their sales are HD.

Shooting in 4K allows some cropping flexibility when rendering in HD but more than 4K seems unneeded for most.

Edited by Phil
add

1 hour ago, Phil said:

There's anectodical evidence that shooting video at res greater than HD is overrated for most other than perhaps big Hollywood productions.  

It's widely recognized that an overwhelming majority of video content is viewed/consumed on small screens in HD.  Smartphones account for much of that then tablets, computer monitors, etc. - TV's are still largely HD.  4K TV's making inroads but not as much as the industry had hoped.

Stock video footage sellers report the bulk of their sales are HD.

Shooting in 4K allows some cropping flexibility when rendering in HD but more than 4K seems unneeded for most.

There is no point in arguing over anecdotal statements. You might be correct in much of that as things stand now but tech never stands still.

The reason I shoot in 8K is for the incredible detail when delivered in 4K and viewed on a large screen, I get a lot of room for cropping and adding motion in post and I am future proofing, because the time will almost certainly come sooner or later when HD is regarded in a similar light to the way SD is viewed today. That is also why I shoot raw (video and stills). The other technology that is waiting in the wings is HDR and that is only a matter of time as well. 

You could also say much he same about stills photography. I would guess most images are viewed on phones or tablets so why the high MP cameras? I would answer pretty much the same:  incredible detail when viewed on large screens and for printing, plenty of room for cropping and future proofing. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2024 at 23:07, Allan Bell said:

That Sony camera is FULL Frame and only 12Mp.

Most Sony users on this forum use 24Mp cameras, both crop sensors and 1" sensor. A few are also using Sony full frame cameras at higher Mp.

Are you shooting stills as RAW images or jpeg?

Allan

Hi Thanks for the reply yes I capture stills in Raw always. May be I will look for an upgrade latter down the line as I bought this paying almost $2.5k. Right now I am selling in other stock websites using this camera.

Regards,

Kaushik

On 06/02/2024 at 23:38, spacecadet said:

The sensor is limited to 12MP because there's no point having more for video, but it's well over the old 6MP minimum. my first DSLR was only 14Mp. I don't see why it shouldn't pass QC with the right processing.

Actually its not letting me upload any image from this camera. I have written to the support.

42 minutes ago, CreatorKC said:

Actually its not letting me upload any image from this camera. I have written to the support.

Is the camera meta-data included in your uploaded images? If not the uploader may reject them.

Mark

• Like 1

You don't have to go out and spend a pile of money. I use a Sony a6000 (24 MP) that I bought for about $500 CAN on sale and mainly kit lenses. No problems passing QC. Best of luck.

Edited by John Mitchell