Get out of my picture!

13 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

How would you go about removing these two?

This is a crop at 300%

I00008MvPwEYzOAU.jpg

BIN???

PS - lasso tool (make a selection) - Window - Contextual Task Bar - Generative Fill - Generate (easy peasy AI action) - Done!

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

PS - lasso tool (make a selection) - Window - Contextual Task Bar - Generative Fill - Generate (easy peasy AI action) - Done!

Thanks. Will not be 'easy peasy' for me but will give it a try. 

The Remove Tool in the latest version of PS often does a remarkable job.  A few months ago, I shot a portrait of a couple of women at the U.S. Capitol steps and I could not avoid tourists in the background.  The Remove Tool took them right out and filled in the where they were perfectly.  These were small figures in the background.

2 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Window?
did you mean "door"?

how to select door with people blocking door...?

contextual task bar = content aware?
I use Microsoft, you use Apple...?

26 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

Window?
did you mean "door"?

how to select door with people blocking door...?

contextual task bar = content aware?
I use Microsoft, you use Apple...?

I meant “contextual task bar” that is positioned at the very bottom under the “window” menu in Photoshop and this is one of the newest features in the updated PS. And a tight selection with lasso tool to be made around the object needed to be removed. If the “generative tool” did a “ terrible job”, the action could be repeated endlessly. I am with Windows.

Just now, Ognyan Yosifov said:
32 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

It has made a terrible job of the ashlars in that arch- they look very wonky now.

The tool could perform excellent job combined with other tools and can be undone and repeated again and again. Some practice is needed of course.

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

It has made a terrible job of the ashlars in that arch- they look very wonky now.

That was my first attempt. Will try again.

Any ideas how to correct wonky ashlars? 

34 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

That was my first attempt. Will try again.

Any ideas how to correct wonky ashlars? 

I think it looks great, especially since it is a relatively small part of the whole photo.  Can you post the whole photo with your correction?

45 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I think it looks great, especially since it is a relatively small part of the whole photo.  Can you post the whole photo with your correction?

I0000NwH4q2dPfQE.jpg

8 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I0000AEeS0TCQQz0.jpg

This from using lasso/generative file on the wonky version

That's fantastic. You'd never notice that anything was removed. Never had the patience to learn this kind of work. 👏

5 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

That's fantastic. You'd never notice that anything was removed. Never had the patience to learn this kind of work. 👏

Neither have I. I am very limited. This is actually very straightforward and easy. 

I guess I could have done that in my aged copy of PS, (clone, mirror etc) but it would have taken a while, it's work that I quite enjoy !

However I can't help but be impressed by the ease and outcome.

3 minutes ago, Normspics said:

That has been a good lesson for you and a good outcome, was there a good reason not to have people in the image, as they give scale etc.

The lesson is to be more careful when firing the shutter and double check......😁