January 2024 Favourite Uploads

3 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Stunning colours!

Thanks Gen! They are often quite flighty but this one wasn't at all. He kept coming so close I couldn't focus. The colours only show when the light catches them at a certain angle so I had to wait for him to position himself a certain way.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

Thanks Gen! They are often quite flighty but this one wasn't at all. He kept coming so close I couldn't focus. The colours only show when the light catches them at a certain angle so I had to wait for him to position himself a certain way.

A poser if ever there was one.

Lovely image.

Allan

• Love 1

Singing Honeyeater (Lichenostomus virescens). No idea what the insect is.

2WDJ4T2.jpg

Ruins of the historic old telegraph station built in 1877, being swallowed by sand dunes, Eucla, Nullarbor Plain, Western Australia

2WDJ540.jpg

The historic Old Jetty at Eucla, Nullarbor Plain, Western Australia

2WDJ4Y7.jpg

2WDJ7DY.jpg

Remote dirt road between Rawlinna and Cocklebiddy, Nullarbor Plain, Western Australia, Australia

2WDJ758.jpg

Intricate headstone in Bulong old cemetery, a ghost town in the Goldfields-Esperance region of Western Australia, Australia

2WDJ74K.jpg

Animal Tracks in the sand dunes of the Nullarbor Plain, Western Australia, Australia

2WDJ5A9.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

Singing Honeyeater (Lichenostomus virescens). No idea what the insect is.

2WDJ4T2.jpg

Ruins of the historic old telegraph station built in 1877, being swallowed by sand dunes, Eucla, Nullarbor Plain, Western Australia

2WDJ540.jpg

The historic Old Jetty at Eucla, Nullarbor Plain, Western Australia

2WDJ4Y7.jpg

2WDJ7DY.jpg

Remote dirt road between Rawlinna and Cocklebiddy, Nullarbor Plain, Western Australia, Australia

2WDJ758.jpg

Intricate headstone in Bulong old cemetery, a ghost town in the Goldfields-Esperance region of Western Australia, Australia

2WDJ74K.jpg

Animal Tracks in the sand dunes of the Nullarbor Plain, Western Australia, Australia

2WDJ5A9.jpg

Nice to see those pics Gen. I like that you got the cormorant in flight by the jetty. Eucla really is a remote spot. That road from Rawlinna to Cocklebiddy looks truly remote too. Enjoy your travels into SA!

• Love 1

Foul weather and a stinking cold has meant more indoor photography. This is my Bronica ETRS medium format SLR film camera. Bought just before I got into digital photography, it's a complex bit of kit. If I was ever to use it again I'd have to read the manual ! Excellent lenses, great images, but, sadly not competitive with modern digital. Don't know why a vertical line has appeared to the right of the image, not on the original and it passed QC.

2WDKK2J.jpg

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Foul weather and a stinking cold has meant more indoor photography. This is my Bronica ETRS medium format SLR film camera. Bought just before I got into digital photography, it's a complex bit of kit. If I was ever to use it again I'd have to read the manual ! Excellent lenses, great images, but, sadly not competitive with modern digital. Don't know why a vertical line has appeared to the right of the image, not on the original and it passed QC.

2WDKK2J.jpg

I believe the line is the line that indicates  you need to press the enter key on your keypad.

This is strange as I used to have a Bronica ETRS.and I agree with your thoughts on it. I still have colour slides taken on it but sold the camera some time ago to finance another.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

2WDR8R6.jpg

Another sign? What the . . .

I see no cute bugs here in Liverpool. I did see one last summer but I stepped on it. It was an accident! We have gulls and pigeons -- that's it.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Christ's Hospital Terrace from Michaelgate, Steep Hill, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

christs-hospital-terrace-from-michaelgat

Bells tea and coffee house, Steep Hill, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

bells-tea-and-coffee-house-steep-hill-li

Please do not feed the horses sign on gate to pasture, Cherry Willingham, Lincolnshire, England, UK

please-do-not-feed-the-horses-sign-on-ga

East gate main entrance to Lincoln castle grounds, castle hill, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

east-gate-main-entrance-to-lincoln-castl

Allan

• Like 2

A few stocky images from the last few weeks..

National Grid T Pylons. Part of the Hinkley Point C Power Station connection..

somerset-uk-new-design-national-grid-t-p

uk-bristol-a-fresh-400g-hot-cross-bun-lo

uk-a-bt-openreach-engineer-working-on-wi

bristol-uk-a-large-amazon-prime-delivery

Battery heated gloves. My wife loves them..
a-woman-wearing-battery-heated-gloves-du

a-freshly-brewed-cappuccino-coffee-serve

a-large-street-sign-advising-people-to-q

Re rendering and fire proofing the buildings original wooden balconies..

portishead-uk-extensive-scaffolding-cove

two-cookery-books-written-for-students-p

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

The recent wet weather (combined with preparing for a house move) has forced me to do still life pics - and recalling my childhood in some cases!

2W9K3P8.jpg

2TDNAC3.jpg

2WA0J33.jpg

2TDNACG.jpg

2WDJDC2.jpg

2WDJD91.jpg

2TDNA71.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I've been trying to get a decent image of a male Splendid Fairywren in his blue breeding plumage for ages. When I don't have my camera I seem to have them all around me in full view. When I do have my camera they always seem to strategically position themselves behind some twigs. Finally I got one, though he is starting to lose his breeding plumage and will go back to being mostly grey soon until next breeding season. So he looks here like someone has been dabbing paint on him but not quite finished the job. But I was happy with it anyway including the eye contact. They are delightful little beings, very affectionate with one another. They will all cuddle together on a branch 🥰

a-male-splendid-fairywren-malurus-splend

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

The recent wet weather (combined with preparing for a house move) has forced me to do still life pics - and recalling my childhood in some cases!

2WA0J33.jpg

Nice images. It took a whole weeks wages, on my school summer holidays milk round job, to buy this album in 1973. I still play it occasionally. 

Edited by Steve Hyde