November 2023 favourite uploads

gvallee

More of Lincoln.

Arch Cottage, East Bight, Bailgate, Lincoln city, Lincolnshire, England, UK

arch-cottage-east-bight-bailgate-lincoln

Ambulance, Fire and Police Station, South Park, South Park Avenue, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

ambulance-fire-and-police-station-south-

Fire engine leaving fire station on blue light callout, South Park, South Park Avenue, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

fire-engine-leaving-fire-station-on-blue

GB Freightliner passing through Lincoln city railway station on the Down line, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

gb-freightliner-passing-through-lincoln-

Lincoln cathedral from Pelham Bridge, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lincoln-cathedral-from-pelham-bridge-lin

Lincoln railway station from Pelham bridge, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lincoln-railway-station-from-pelham-brid

Lincoln Central Bus Station, Oxford Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lincoln-central-bus-station-oxford-stree

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Some more.

Lincoln Central Bus Station, Oxford Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK 

lincoln-central-bus-station-oxford-stree

Ambulance, Fire and Police Station, South Park, South Park Avenue, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

ambulance-fire-and-police-station-south-

Lincoln Central car Park, Melville Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lincoln-central-car-park-melville-street

Quattro Group road and railway digger, Cherry Willingham, Lincolnshire, England, UK 

quattro-group-road-and-railway-digger-ch

Allan

• Like 2

Met David Goldblatt the writer and artist on my first news outing on friday.

He has a little pop-up gallery in Bristol to show his instalation Utopian Elements, he is exploring the question if the world was not made of chemical elements what would be the alternatives. Al becomes allotments, Ho becomes Hope. He accepted my suggestion of focus, evem though the abbreviation was Fo. 😇

He's in the Galleries in Bristol. Go say hello.

Bristol, UK. 24th Nov, 2023. It may look like a shop but Utopian Chemistry is an exhibition by football writer and artist David Goldblatt of the elements that a Utopian world would be made of. These are not the elements taught in school, but the wishes of people wanting a better world. Credit: JMF News/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

Edited by Mr Standfast
  • Love 4

On 15/11/2023 at 23:20, Sally Robertson said:

A lovely English Staffy I used to live with.

a-head-portrait-of-a-female-english-staf

The Canning River at dusk in Perth, Western Australia. This is a 13 second exposure taken when it was getting dark and very much blue hour.

moody-blue-hues-at-dusk-at-shelley-beach

The moon rising over shipping containers in the northern section of Fremantle Harbour.

the-north-port-rous-head-section-of-frem

Just before sunrise at Jurien Bay, Western Australia.

the-jetty-at-the-coastal-town-of-jurien-

Hey Sally, just had a quick run through your great photos and noticed the Olympus Trip camera. My father had one of them and it produced great photos. It was such a simple camera to operate but we kids were never allowed near it!

• Love 1

On 27/11/2023 at 18:28, Stephen Dwyer said:

Hey Sally, just had a quick run through your great photos and noticed the Olympus Trip camera. My father had one of them and it produced great photos. It was such a simple camera to operate but we kids were never allowed near it!

Thanks Stephen! That was my Mum’s camera. I think she mainly used it before we were born and I rediscovered it in a drawer after she died. I should really put a roll of film in it and see if it’s still working. I love the simplicity of it, just the fixed 40mm lens. I think I will give it a go sometime soon. It would be fun to walk around with and frame shots and see how they come out.

Really enjoyed having a look at your great images including the ones from central Australia. I still very much want to head out into that country. I’ve explored a bit of the arid lands here in WA but still so much more to see!

Post Office corner Eastgate and Bailgate, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

post-office-corner-eastgate-and-bailgate

Lincoln city Christmas lights red Starburst, City Square, Lincolnshire, England, UK 

lincoln-city-christmas-lights-red-starbu

Thors winter refreshment tent Cornhill Quarter, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

thors-winter-refreshment-tent-cornhil-qu

View through illuminated arch to Christmas tree, Exchequer Gate, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

view-through-illuminated-arch-to-christm

Waterside Shopping at night, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK 

waterside-shopping-at-night-lincoln-city

Allan

• Like 1

I'll just sneak in before the end of the month :)

club cyclist passes warning sign to drivers to please slow down and pass safely,  in Bywell, Northumberland, UK

2T9DB07.jpg

My first birthday cards!

three vintage 1960s illustrated first birthday cards, happy birthday, 1 today

2T9DB1E.jpg

Volkswagen Transporter T6 campervan with reflection of sunset over the lake at Queen Elizabeth ll Country Park, Woodhorn, Northumberland, UK

2T9DAYW.jpg

illustrated brochure of british goods and design in the festival of britain, publication from 1951

2T9DB1C.jpg

Edited by StokeCreative
  • Like 4

Activist Peter Tatchell amongst tens of thousands at the National Solidarity March against Antisemitism in London.

london-uk-26th-november-2023-national-so

Centre, Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis and Campaign Against Antisemitism Chief Officer Gideon Falter to his left. National Solidarity March against Antisemitism, London.

london-uk-26th-november-2023-national-so

• Love 2