Church photo - editorial or not?

DuncReid

Question

Hi all. 

New to all this and was just wondering...

I have an external shot of a church - https://www.alamy.com/st-michael-and-all-angels-church-in-the-village-of-hawkshead-cumbria-england-it-is-an-active-anglican-parish-church-in-the-deanery-of-windermere-image567758088.html - would you be inclined to set that as editorial only? (Fairly obviously, I don't have a release).

Cheers - Dunc

19 answers to this question

On 09/10/2023 at 11:16, DuncReid said:

Hi all. 

New to all this and was just wondering...

I have an external shot of a church - https://www.alamy.com/st-michael-and-all-angels-church-in-the-village-of-hawkshead-cumbria-england-it-is-an-active-anglican-parish-church-in-the-deanery-of-windermere-image567758088.html - would you be inclined to set that as editorial only? (Fairly obviously, I don't have a release).

Cheers - Dunc

No need. Just mark as Contains Property = Yes, Property Release = No.

Mark

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

No need. Just mark as Contains Property = Yes, Property Release = No.

Mark

Thanks Mark, presumably not having the release means that Alamy's system treats it just the same as Editorial flagged uploads then? I now just need a bucket of hours to do some processing & get a few more up. 👍

1 hour ago, DuncReid said:

Thanks Mark, presumably not having the release means that Alamy's system treats it just the same as Editorial flagged uploads then? I now just need a bucket of hours to do some processing & get a few more up. 👍

I have loads of church pictures.  I don't complete the 'Optional' fields. 

• Like 1

You have misspelled 'cemetary' in the keywords of the image you linked to.  Should be 3 e's - 'cemetery'.  Mind you it seems to be a common mistake (over 37K results if you search on 'cemetary' ) so you might want to leave it in the keywords in addition to the correct spelling... 🙂

• Love 1

2 hours ago, DuncReid said:

presumably not having the release means that Alamy's system treats it just the same as Editorial flagged uploads then?

Not quite the same, images flagged as 'Editorial' will appear in the Editorial search and not 'Creative - Uncut' though I wouldn't have thought that was an advantage for pictures of churches, they will in any case appear when searching in 'All' which is probably what most buyers do anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Lowe said:

You have misspelled 'cemetary' in the keywords of the image you linked to.  Should be 3 e's - 'cemetery'.  Mind you it seems to be a common mistake (over 37K results if you search on 'cemetary' ) so you might want to leave it in the keywords in addition to the correct spelling... 🙂

Dammit! 🤣

Well spotted & thank you. Yup, reckon I'll leave that in with those sort of volumes. 

7 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

You have misspelled 'cemetary'

I bloody blame those who pronounce it cemetary.
If everyone would properly pronounce it cemetery and not
cemetary
we'd not have all these cemetary misspellings...
Its the mispronouncers to blame.
The bloody misspellers are properly spelling
what the mispronouncers are mispronouncing.
Mispronouncer, get thee to a nunnery.
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
cemetary

The only time I ever spell cemetery as cemetary (had to change spelling to cemetary as forum auto corrected) is in tags, as I suspect it's a common (but wrong) search word. This reminds me I have a few cemetery images from a recent trip to finish editing and upload.

7 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
cemetary

And strangely I'm reading this on my moniter just after breckfust on a Wensday.

Alan

Edited by Inchiquin
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Dunc,

What is with the sky and clouds?

Chuck

How do you mean Chuck?

If you're thinking I've done some crazy manipulation on them then nope, that's pretty much how the sky was that day.

I can't recall what post I did on it off the top of my head but it wouldn't have been much more than some light correction of converging verticals (though that probs wasn't too bad from that higher viewpoint), spot/dust removal and some overall exposure black/white point corrections. I don't go in for dropping in new skies or extreme edits.

The weather system in that part of the UK is quite easy to predict. If you can see the fells (hills) then it's going to rain. If you can't see them, it is raining! 🤣

Cheers.

• Love 1