Bauer Media Radio.

Another $2 sale to  Bauer Media Radio. Customer Marketing.     Alamy shortchanging us again with sales to a company with a £250m turnover.   Instead of paying a sales team to set up deals where we are the losers, pay them to get high value for our images.   Do Alamy think Bauer won't pay $10 for an image?  

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Probably proof that Bauer won't pay $10 for an image.

Nice pics btw!

Thanks.  If the sales team want to race to the bottom with our images, then why should anybody pay decent rates?  It's a fool's errand finding clients who will pay peanuts.  Alamy should allow us to opt out of their useless deals like this and Bauer can pay the advertised rate for images they clearly want. 

See my post in "Images sold in September 2023".

Better still I will copy it here.

Anglia Ruskin University East Road Cambridge Cambridgeshire England

anglia-ruskin-university-east-road-cambr

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on social media and digital platforms produced by Bauer Media Radio. Customer Marketing: - Internal publication services - “In house” produced marketing.

Media: Website, app and social media

Start: 18 September 2023

Duration: Unlimited

$

I hate sales to Bauer Media Radio. So far they are very low prices.

Allan

Can't we stop sales to them or are you willing to keep them coming?

ITMA

• Like 1

On 18/09/2023 at 09:02, marc said:

....... with sales to a company with a £250m turnover.....

My main local newspaper is published by Newsquest (Net income 114 million (2021) ) and pay absolutely zilch for photos, but find enough people happy just to see their name credited. Even the nationals will jump on social media posts with "can we use....with credit given". These are not the avenues which are ever again going to pay more than pennies going forward. I'm grateful for being able to offer 'real' news images for the greater values that such images gain, but stock news is largely a lost cause.

28 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

See my post in "Images sold in September 2023".

Better still I will copy it here.

Anglia Ruskin University East Road Cambridge Cambridgeshire England

anglia-ruskin-university-east-road-cambr

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on social media and digital platforms produced by Bauer Media Radio. Customer Marketing: - Internal publication services - “In house” produced marketing.

Media: Website, app and social media

Start: 18 September 2023

Duration: Unlimited

$

I hate sales to Bauer Media Radio. So far they are very low prices.

Allan

Can't we stop sales to them or are you willing to keep them coming?

ITMA

The fee is dreadful but the worst bit is "radio". Yes I know it's a web service but the thought of my pictures being good enough for radio confuses this old fossil...😎 Nice pic mind...

Edited by Mr Standfast
  • Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 13:00, Brian Yarvin said:

Marc, it doesn't matter what Alamy thinks, they get what they can negotiate in a very competitive market. 

They are undermining their own revenue and the photographers and developing a business model that makes no sense.  You can't have such variation in prices and expect clients paying more not to complain.  

Edited by marc
  • Thanks 1

On 20/09/2023 at 12:35, Avpics said:

My main local newspaper is published by Newsquest (Net income 114 million (2021) ) and pay absolutely zilch for photos, but find enough people happy just to see their name credited. Even the nationals will jump on social media posts with "can we use....with credit given". These are not the avenues which are ever again going to pay more than pennies going forward. I'm grateful for being able to offer 'real' news images for the greater values that such images gain, but stock news is largely a lost cause.

Bauer is not a local newspaper. It owns a group of radio stations that are lucrative.  Local newspapers are dead in print.  There is no logic in going to Bauer and giving them a deal that undercuts the prices paid elsewhere by similar companies.  That is a formula to end any business. 

Edited by marc
  • Like 1