Does Alamy intentionally try not pay contributors. First Payout is set 50.00 $ but sales stop forever once you have reached 47.00 $.

Does Alamy intentionally try not pay contributors. First Payout is set 50.00 $ but sales stop forever once you have reached 47.00 $. Once you are in the near of a payout stage your sales stop. ALamy have proven to be the worse performance of my stock contributor sites and I must wonder if this action is deliberate, 

• Dislike 1

Ragga, the very short is no.  You have a relatively small portfolio and so sales will be sporadic until you get into the thousands of images.  Sales are reported to us as they are invoiced and some clients get to pay up to three months after invoicing...so things can and do take time.

• Like 2

Ragga, June earnings from a range of contributors here:

Lots of them earning more than the $50 threshold. You do have a very small portfolio as others have said.

Additionally, Alamy does tend to receive higher sums for images than competitors. You're not at all the only contributor here that sells with other agencies. However, when you sell the same image with multiple agencies, you are increasing your chances of your images being seen, but you're also in competition with yourself. Many buyers likely shop around (it's easy, it's the internet); they will go for whichever site has your image for the cheapest price.

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

If you do not trust Alamy then go elsewhere.

Yup! there has to be trust on both sides. Alamy's is to trust us, the contributors, to supply saleable images against their simple to pass QC platform.

Allan

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ragga said:

Does Alamy intentionally try not pay contributors. First Payout is set 50.00 $ but sales stop forever once you have reached 47.00 $. Once you are in the near of a payout stage your sales stop. ALamy have proven to be the worse performance of my stock contributor sites and I must wonder if this action is deliberate, 

Um, no.   It's always going to depend on what photos you have up, what captions and keywords you use, and what interest there is in what you're photographing, plus fixing photos that are too dark.   Alamy isn't going to stop you from selling to keep money from you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragga said:

So I must work harder. I will not give up.

There are a lot of hints and tips on the forum. If these raise more questions feel free to ask. 

The forum contributors are also people who did not give up.

👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My portfolio is more or less the same as yours, 650 or so to your 430 - I joined last July and have had 4 sales since December - I'm pretty pleased to be honest - I think patience is the key and build your portfolio up as other experienced contributors have advised. I certainly do not think that Alamy witholds payments/sales, that does not make any sense...

• Love 1
  • Like 1