Brand: Lightdow -
8mm f/3.0 MC aspherical fisheye lens for Nikon cameras
----------------------------------
Brand: CUIFATI
8mm F/3.0 Fisheye Lens for Nikon F(DX)/APS-C F Mount
--------------------------
If anyone knows or has any references,
thanks

From what I can see on the web "Lidow" seems to be an on-line store.

Asking prices so low as to be unbelievable.

My best advice is leave them alone. Do not think they would be good enough for our type of work.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Those are obviously not the makers names. See f you can see which other lenses look the exact same. The Meike perhaps? And then look for reviews.

For those prices I would buy one and test it out. Maybe first see if someone is offering a used one. If many people are offering used ones, then maybe leave it.

wim

• Thanks 1

Probably cheap Chinese copies of very old Western, or not so old Russian, designs. As Wim says at those prices- 10% of what anything comparable from a good maker would be- you can't go far wrong.

But I would look very carefully at reviews, and be sceptical of passing QC.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1

Thanks my friends for your opinion, I'll take a look at the site that Steve commented.
I also think it must be a Chinese loha and I prefer not to risk it even though the price is low.
These lenses are being sold by Amazon.
even if I buy to test I find it difficult to sell later....
and thinking about the quality control...better not to risk it, I think it would harm the photos.
Thanks for the comments..

1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

If the price is too good to be true, beware of scam products that have been invented just as a hook to get hold of names, addresses and credit card details.

Mark

These lenses are up on the likes of Amazon and eBay, so no worries there, but those tricks get easier to see past.

Anyway, FF and Chrome won't even let you on a dodgy site unless you try hard. I click through to a few which fall foul of the filters for technical reasons but which I know are OK, but they're not selling sites.

• Thanks 1

The 8mm fisheye looks to be a copy of the Samyang/Rokinon 8mm fisheye, but $65 cheaper?

Lightdow does have some lens reviews with ppl commenting on it's 420-800 zoom. Lightdow is a trademark of Shenzhen Zhen Long Yuan Technology Co.,Ltd. A camera equipment and accessories company. 

Cuifati is a recent trademark of Shenzhen Yibai Network Technology Co., Ltd. More general electronics and merchandise rather than optics as althought maybe they are  branching out in that direction trying new things

Edited by sooth

I was researching wide-angle lenses and I found these lenses (objectives), I managed to find the Tokina and Sigma lenses, better known, I will continue researching, there is also Rokinon.
I will research, but I find it very unsafe to buy these new brands.
thanks

Never heard of either. I have a Rokinon 8mm fisheye for my Sony that I love - LR also lets you "fix" the image so you get a superwide image with perfect verticals - like two for one. They make it for Nikon, Canon as well. Got it used at KEH 4 years ago.

On sale today all over the place (competing with Prime Day) for 33% off. Only $199. I think I paid more than that for a used one. I recommend it. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769466-REG/Rokinon_FE8M_N_8mm_Ultra_Wide_Angle.html

Very solid build. 

Since it's a fisheye it's rounded so you can't use a filter on it. I'd check it out today with the sales - not sure if you can get a deal in Brazil today but you might try Amazon there. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Thanks 1

On 12/07/2022 at 18:37, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Has anyone on the Forum heard of these manufacturers:
-------------------------------
Brand: Lightdow -
8mm f/3.0 MC aspherical fisheye lens for Nikon cameras
----------------------------------
Brand: CUIFATI
8mm F/3.0 Fisheye Lens for Nikon F(DX)/APS-C F Mount
--------------------------
If anyone knows or has any references,
thanks

I too have never heard of Lightdow fisheye lenses. Long ago I purchased a Samyang f3.5 8mm manual focus lens suitable for Nikon DX sensor cameras. It was a fair lens for the money, but you had to be very careful if pointing it towards intense light. The bulbous front element would easily cause flare. 

Edited by sb photos
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Marianne said:

Também nunca ouvi falar. Eu tenho um olho de peixe Rokinon 8mm para o meu Sony que eu adoro - LR também permite "consertar" a imagem para que você obtenha uma imagem super ampla com verticais perfeitas - como dois por um. Eles fazem isso para Nikon, Canon também. Usado na KEH há 4 anos.

À venda hoje em todo o lado (competindo com o Prime Day) com 33% de desconto. Apenas $ 199. Acho que paguei mais caro por um usado. Eu recomendo. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769466-REG/Rokinon_FE8M_N_8mm_Ultra_Wide_Angle.html

Construção muito sólida. 

Como é um olho de peixe, é arredondado, então você não pode usar um filtro nele. Eu verificaria hoje com as vendas - não tenho certeza se você pode conseguir um acordo no Brasil hoje, mas você pode tentar a Amazon lá. 

Marianne, the bhphotovideo store does not deliver in Brazil, thank you very much for the information

15 hours ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Marianne, the bhphotovideo store does not deliver in Brazil, thank you very much for the information

I realized that so I gave you links to Amazon's Brazilian website for both the f/2.8 and the f/3.5 - did you see it? Hope you enjoy whatever wide angle fisheye lens you decide on. 

• Thanks 1

On 13/07/2022 at 19:17, Marianne said:

Rokinon is the brand name used in North America, while Samyang is used in Europe and Asia. They are both the same lens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Thanks Marianne, I saw the link you sent me, thanks, but based on the opinions you gave me, I'll look at the best-known brands, Tanrom, Tokina and Sigma, they are more reliable.

Actually I said that I really like the Rokinon - the build is solid and the photos are excellent. The version for Nikon is the same as the one for Sony only smaller since it doesn't have the large adapter piece added to the Sony version so it fits the lens. Maybe something got lost with Google translate. It has excellent reviews on various sites. For under $200 US is a great piece of kit, inexpensive, fun to use, and sharp. 

I used to have a Sigma 50-500mm lens for my Nikon that i resold years later for nearly what I originally paid for it. It was one of the sharpest lenses I've owned even extended out fully to 500mm. Much sharper than my Nikon 70-300mm which lost sharpness after 200mm. Sigma is an excellent brand. They've been making high end lenses for quite a while now. 

Personally, for something like a fisheye lens, which is a bit of a novelty piece and not something you'll use every day, I'd stick with something inexpensive like the Rokinon. 

• Thanks 1

After many years of using an assortment of both original manufacturers' lenses and Independent off brand lenses, I would say that currently 

I have been happy with Tokina, their service department was exceptional fixing a wide zoom that I fell on while skiing.  Sigma has also been

very good.  Many years ago Tamron made some nice glass and their service department was very good, again my experience was years ago.

Decades ago, I was a CANON Pro-service member, and they were great. Also years ago I was a NIKON Pro-service member and they 

were very good.  My experience with NIKON repair or service during the last couple of years has been very bad and I now only send my cameras and

NIKKOR lenses to Authorized Photo Service (APS) in Morton Grove, IL, USA.  APS has done really great work quickly for me, they are not cheap,

but they do it right.  APS does international repairs and shipping.  FYI, I have no reason to promote APS, they just do really great work

for me for reasonable fees.

Now what was this thread about?  Think I got off subject, Sorry.

PS I have not taken a picture with a "Fish-eye" since the 1980s

Chuck

• Thanks 1

TTartisan is another "no name" brand, one getting some news for its low cost lenses. TTartisan is the trademark of Shenzhen mingjiang optical technology Co.

Ttartisan makes a 7.5mm f2 fisheye, selling on bhphoto for $140

As I've mentioned above, Lightdow also makes optics and lenses, but they aren't that many reviews on them except for the 420-600mm tele zoom. 

Edited by sooth
  • Thanks 1

Actually I said that I really like the Rokinon - the build is solid and the photos are excellent. The version for Nikon is the same as the one for Sony only smaller since it doesn't have the large adapter piece added to the Sony version so it fits the lens. Maybe something got lost with Google translate. It has excellent reviews on various sites. For under $200 US is a great piece of kit, inexpensive, fun to use, and sharp. 

I used to have a Sigma 50-500mm lens for my Nikon that i resold years later for nearly what I originally paid for it. It was one of the sharpest lenses I've owned even extended out fully to 500mm. Much sharper than my Nikon 70-300mm which lost sharpness after 200mm. Sigma is an excellent brand. They've been making high end lenses for quite a while now. 

Personally, for something like a fisheye lens, which is a bit of a novelty piece and not something you'll use every day, I'd stick with something inexpensive like the Rokinon. 

Bom Dia Marianne, sim todas as marcas que o pessoal comentou sao excelentes marcas, entendi o que voce falou, pesquisei e achei uma Tamron... marca muito boa, marcas como  Rokinon, Sigma, Tokina sao lentes muito boas. O problema muitas vezes é o preço, não posso errar quando compro uma lente, aqui os impostos sao muito altos e algumas lojas americanas nao entregam no Brasil, mas tem o Ebay e a Amazon. Vou pesquisando.
Achei algumas a preço bom aqui no Brasil. 
Obrigado pelas opinioes sempre ajudam

Good morning Marianne, yes all the brands that people commented are excellent brands, I understood what you said, I researched and found a Tamron... very good brand, brands like Rokinon, Sigma, Tokina are very good lenses. The problem is often the price, I can't go wrong when I buy a lens, here taxes are very high and some American stores don't deliver in Brazil, but there are Ebay and Amazon. I'll search.
I found some at a good price here in Brazil.
Thanks for the opinions they always help

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

After many years of using an assortment of both original manufacturers' lenses and Independent off brand lenses, I would say that currently 

I have been happy with Tokina, their service department was exceptional fixing a wide zoom that I fell on while skiing.  Sigma has also been

very good.  Many years ago Tamron made some nice glass and their service department was very good, again my experience was years ago.

Decades ago, I was a CANON Pro-service member, and they were great. Also years ago I was a NIKON Pro-service member and they 

were very good.  My experience with NIKON repair or service during the last couple of years has been very bad and I now only send my cameras and

NIKKOR lenses to Authorized Photo Service (APS) in Morton Grove, IL, USA.  APS has done really great work quickly for me, they are not cheap,

but they do it right.  APS does international repairs and shipping.  FYI, I have no reason to promote APS, they just do really great work

for me for reasonable fees.

Now what was this thread about?  Think I got off subject, Sorry.

PS I have not taken a picture with a "Fish-eye" since the 1980s

Chuck

I use Nikon, here in Brazil Nikon and Sony and I think Canon closed their activities.
To clean or make repairs we go to technicians who have knowledge about cameras, here there are no Authorized Posts.
Thanks for the opinions they always help.

2 hours ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Good morning Marianne, yes all the brands that people commented are excellent brands, I understood what you said, I researched and found a Tamron... very good brand, brands like Rokinon, Sigma, Tokina are very good lenses. The problem is often the price, I can't go wrong when I buy a lens, here taxes are very high and some American stores don't deliver in Brazil, but there are Ebay and Amazon. I'll search.
I found some at a good price here in Brazil.
Thanks for the opinions they always help

Hope you find one you like at a good price! 

On 13/07/2022 at 19:11, Marianne said:

Never heard of either. I have a Rokinon 8mm fisheye for my Sony that I love - LR also lets you "fix" the image so you get a superwide image with perfect verticals - like two for one. They make it for Nikon, Canon as well. Got it used at KEH 4 years ago.

On sale today all over the place (competing with Prime Day) for 33% off. Only $199. I think I paid more than that for a used one. I recommend it. 

Very solid build. 

Since it's a fisheye it's rounded so you can't use a filter on it. I'd check it out today with the sales - not sure if you can get a deal in Brazil today but you might try Amazon there. 

I have the Rokinon 12mm f2 for use on my Sony a6500. It's not a perfect optic but it is well made and it paid for itself with a single sale - Oh, for the good old days.  Recommended but with reservations.

It's way better than a range of Sony lenses that I have tried, including the pricey Zeiss badged effort.  Incredibly none of them come remotely close to the 50mm f1.8 Zuiko that I bought, with camera, for £10.

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

I have the Rokinon 12mm f2 for use on my Sony a6500. It's not a perfect optic but it is well made and it paid for itself with a single sale - Oh, for the good old days.  Recommended but with reservations.

It's way better than a range of Sony lenses that I have tried, including the pricey Zeiss badged effort.  Incredibly none of them come remotely close to the 50mm f1.8 Zuiko that I bought, with camera, for £10.

I found a Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 at a reasonable price of 300 diolars, here in Brazil.
I will speak with the buyer to see a better price.
I found it on the Mercado Livre website, the best-known website in Brazil, very safe for shopping.
https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-2659731841-lente-tokina-11-16mm-f28-para-nikon-lente-crop-revisada-_JM#backend=item_decorator&backend_type=function&client=bookmarks-polycard