Alamy calculations for Silver and Gold

Jill Morgan

Question

On Thusrday I had my first sale since March.  .05 cents.  Alamy took 60%.  Today I had a sale for $15, Alamy took 80%.

See post below, DACS got included.

Jill

Edited by Jill Morgan

2 hours ago, Alamy said:

We'll provide clarity as to what is and what isn't included in the calculations, according to moving up or down the commission tiers once we have confirmation on thi

A little weaselly, I have to say- how could distro sales possibly not have been included, and how and why were MS told to say that they weren't?

• Like 2

On 05/07/2022 at 11:34, spacecadet said:

A little weaselly, I have to say- how could distro sales possibly not have been included, and how and why were MS told to say that they weren't?

I read the reply as we tried to not include it, then we talk to our lawyer who said we had to based on agreement so we will call it a "glitch" 

Edited by meanderingemu

On 05/07/2022 at 15:34, Alamy said:

Hi All,

To update on the above, the calculations should include distribution sales. 

We're working on this our end, to ensure that this is correct for all accounts and that no-one is out of pocket. 

Thanks,

Alamy

Hi Alamy,

any idea when this will be corrected? My account still shows silver and I'm only getting 20% on recent sales...

Would be nice to see this fixed.

Thanks,

Dirk

• Love 1

I just checked my own account again.

Total sales 1 Jul 21 - 30 Jun 22 $321.77.  I cleared $122.40.

I'm sure that when I checked my status earlier this month it was Gold, but now it is Silver.

Is this part of the same problem?

Sandi

4 hours ago, DirkR said:

Hi Alamy,

any idea when this will be corrected? My account still shows silver and I'm only getting 20% on recent sales...

Would be nice to see this fixed.

Thanks,

Dirk

I would write directly to contributors@alamy.com so they can check your case specific, this should not be acceptable.  

13 minutes ago, Sandi said:

I just checked my own account again.

Total sales 1 Jul 21 - 30 Jun 22 $321.77.  I cleared $122.40.

I'm sure that when I checked my status earlier this month it was Gold, but now it is Silver.

Is this part of the same problem?

Sandi

Sandi, if the $321 is from licences, and not other sources, eg.DACS and Infringements charges, yes that would be an issue and I would contact support (see above) directly. 

23 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

I would write directly to contributors@alamy.com so they can check your case specific, this should not be acceptable.  

Sandi, if the $321 is from licences, and not other sources, eg.DACS and Infringements charges, yes that would be an issue and I would contact support (see above) directly. 

Thanks. I have just sent an email.

As it happens I haven't had any sales yet this month so it's a bit theoretical.

Sandi

35 minutes ago, Sandi said:

Thanks. I have just sent an email.

As it happens I haven't had any sales yet this month so it's a bit theoretical.

Sandi

since people are reporting extremely long period for adjustments probably good to have it resolved ahead. Good luck 

Also a little concerned as my account settings show my commission rate as gold but my one sale this month of $27.15 (which also seems small for a book) shows commission taken of $20.63 which, if my maths is up to scratch, is around 76%. 

34 minutes ago, Joe Gaul said:

Also a little concerned as my account settings show my commission rate as gold but my one sale this month of $27.15 (which also seems small for a book) shows commission taken of $20.63 which, if my maths is up to scratch, is around 76%. 

That would be via a distributor (40% to the distributor, 36% to Alamy).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joe Gaul said:

All license fees appear to be falling.

On 19/07/2022 at 12:34, meanderingemu said:

Thanks, I did.

Their response: Our IT team are working on moving contributors into the right tier...

Let's see...

On 20/07/2022 at 15:32, DJ Myford said:

That would be via a distributor (40% to the distributor, 36% to Alamy).

Thanks, you are correct CR got back to me. I was opted out of all distribution for a long time but have recently opted in to a couple of territories and the reporting method appears to have changed.

Good news: Gold status reinstated on my account details.

Other news: 2 recent sales still listed with "silver" deductions.

So, fingers crossed that corrections are being made.

Sandi

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Sandi said:

Good news: Gold status reinstated on my account details.

Other news: 2 recent sales still listed with "silver" deductions.

So, fingers crossed that corrections are being made.

Sandi

Same here...... I'm now back to Gold Status....... but they still need to correct the commission for sales this month.

No explanation yet from Alamy as to what went wrong!

Julian

• Love 2

Last month's sales still showing as "silver" commission.

A sale for $250 this month has just gone through with 60% going to Alamy. I assume this the "gold" rate.

It would be nice if Alamy could make the corrections still outstanding for the July sales. Are you there Alamy?

Sandi

Hi All,

Exactly the same problem. I'm in a long discussion with a nice girl from Customer Service but she is obviously a messenger between IT (??? - that's what she wrote). Can't really blame her as I guess she is probably a temp or intern.

I don't sell much, but I don't wan't to be ripped off, especially that my sales are above the threshold.

Today I asked CS to contact me with people who count the numbers for Alamy or a legal department to make a final call, not sure if that is handled by Financial Ombudsmen (UK)?

I started to include MD@alamy.com in my discussion with CS as I'm fed up with different, contradicting messages.

Pav

Edited by Pav
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pav said:

Hi All,

Exactly the same problem. I'm in a long discussion with a nice girl from Customer Service but she is obviously a messenger between IT (??? - that's what she wrote). Can't really blame her as I guess she is probably a temp or intern.

I don't sell much, but I don't wan't to be ripped off, especially that my sales are above the threshold.

Today I asked CS to contact me with people who count the numbers for Alamy or a legal department to make a final call, not sure if that is handled by Financial Ombudsmen (UK)?

I started to include MD@alamy.com in my discussion with CS as I'm fed up with different, contradicting messages.

Pav

Good for you.  I do feel sorry for CS rep who get fed bs from back office and then get stock regurgitating it.  We are seeing it repeatedly with the baddly writen agreement,  not sure if they have finish reading it 🤔

Great idea copying MD. 

56 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Again, what’s the threshold? 

Not only thresholds,  but also justification for what is and isn't included, they have already tried to remove distributor sales,  they remove some of the infringements.  Delayed reporting sales, which is on them, do not get counted when they happened,   and they have yet to contractually justify their handling of refunds  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

Contractually they shouldn't be, but Alamy has acknowledged in another thread on another matter that they are just reading the agreement they wrote. 

Hope that admins read this forum and they are ready to step in and inform us about the issue. Lame, Alamy, lame, 6 days with no fix so far and still counting.

• Like 1