Alamy calculations for Silver and Gold

Jill Morgan

Question

On Thusrday I had my first sale since March.  .05 cents.  Alamy took 60%.  Today I had a sale for $15, Alamy took 80%.

See post below, DACS got included.

Jill

Edited by Jill Morgan

Ha, interesting message from the CS:

Hi ___, 

Our team calculate the revenue based on ‘Net revenue sales report’ not your balance of account page.

You are able to find this on your dashboard and you can download a sales report on the right-hand side. You will need to filter this to ‘date of invoice’ which I have provided below for you.

It looks like our sales for selling model are calculated 'minus' the commission (really???). I hope that is a misinterpretation of the word "sale' in the line 12.12.2 of the contract:

1. 12.12.2 are greater than or equal to $250 then the Alamy Commission for sales of your Content in the following Revenue Year will remain on Alamy Gold for that year, as outlined in the Alamy Commission Table.

1 hour ago, Pav said:

Hi ___, 

Our team calculate the revenue based on ‘Net revenue sales report’ not your balance of account page.

You are able to find this on your dashboard and you can download a sales report on the right-hand side. You will need to filter this to ‘date of invoice’ which I have provided below for you.

It looks like our sales for selling model are calculated 'minus' the commission (really???). I hope that is a misinterpretation of the word "sale' in the line 12.12.2 of the contract:

1. 12.12.2 are greater than or equal to $250 then the Alamy Commission for sales of your Content in the following Revenue Year will remain on Alamy Gold for that year, as outlined in the Alamy Commission Table.

Wow.  Again Alamy unable to read their own written agreement.  

12.12 At the end of each Revenue Year if your total License Fees for that year, net of any refunds:

"Licence Fees"
means any sum actually received by Alamy from any Customer in respect of the license of your Content whether a single payment or a royalty paid over time.

• Thanks 1

I think the "net revenue sales report" is just the name of the report. If they were only counting our net return it would be impossible to ever get out of silver because the net is so tiny. Surely they count what Alamy receives.

Paulette

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pav said:

Hi ___, 

Pav, you misunderstand the statement. The current balance on the front page is one thing, the net revenue sales report for a chosen period is another and it's where you could check and calculate your balance.

3 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Pav, you misunderstand the statement. The current balance on the front page is one thing, the net revenue sales report for a chosen period is another and it's where you could check and calculate your balance.

Not really, I downloaded the statement and checked it. Isn't it ridiculous that the balances on the website and statement don't match???

However I do my calculations it is still above $250 (not including DACS). I don't do that manually but use excel, so no chance to have it wrong. I'm really sorry for that girl from CS as she has to pass that nonsens from 'our team'. Also forwarded to MD@alamy.com. I'm really fed up trying to explain obvious every reply.

Anyway, I asked 3 times for a contact to those people from 'our team', unsuccessfully. Maybe someone here knows it and could PM it to me?

Pav

Edited by Pav
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

The statement still doesn't match calculations,  since if they use "Net Revenue Sales Report" DACS and infringements are in this report.   

Does anyone at Alamy know exactly how the calculation is actually done, still waiting 4 weeks later for justification on cross period refunds, and why don't we get an actual report 14 months into the existence of this measure?

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

The statement still doesn't match calculations,  since if they use "Net Revenue Sales Report" DACS and infringements are in this report.   

Does anyone at Alamy know exactly how the calculation is actually done, still waiting 4 weeks later for justification on cross period refunds, and why don't we get an actual report 14 months into the existence of this measure?

From my fresh experience - don't count on Contributors' helpline...