Jump to content

Alamy - You should lower the limit for contributor payments


Recommended Posts

With the proliferation of 0.26 cents sales, it's taking ages for contributors' cleared balances to reach $50. I think the least Alamy could do for all contributors in the light of current minuscule sales amounts and Alamy taking an increased commission from them is to lower the balance cleared amount.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's not great if you have a business bank account that makes a charge for every deposit. It effectively cuts your percentage even further.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 USD is not a high limit if you compare it with other agencies. DT for example requires to gather 100 USD (with microstock prices) and do not even pay you when you leave the boat if you could not reach that level.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

 

This is the problem... not payout threshholds...

 

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

With the proliferation of 0.26 cents sales

Absolutely...Alamy should stop these deals...

 

Phil

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but!   Is Alamy still in control of pricing our images or has someone else put their boot in?

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm OK with $50. After all, it was $250 at one time. Lowering the payment threshold would make Alamy look even more like a microstock agency and perhaps even provide an excuse for more puny sales.

 

 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm OK with $50. After all, it was $250 at one time. Lowering the payment threshold would make Alamy look even more like a microstock agency and perhaps even provide an excuse for more puny sales.

 

 

 

 

i also assume lower threshold mean more banking fees for Alamy, and in the end all those costs end up passed back to us. 

  • Love 5
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 27/05/2022 at 08:27, Celluloid Hero said:

With the proliferation of 0.26 cents sales, it's taking ages for contributors' cleared balances to reach $50. I think the least Alamy could do for all contributors in the light of current minuscule sales amounts and Alamy taking an increased commission from them is to lower the balance cleared amount.

With a port your size, assuming it's varied (I haven't looked), you should be getting a payment most months. I've only missed a handful in the last 6 years or so. If you're getting a lot of very small sales (I'm not) it might have something to do with the makeup of your port, but any image can licence for any price- distro and RM don't make much difference by all accounts.

I might agree recently but my average is still close to the site average.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 28/05/2022 at 03:05, John Mitchell said:

I'm OK with $50. After all, it was $250 at one time. Lowering the payment threshold would make Alamy look even more like a microstock agency and perhaps even provide an excuse for more puny sales.

 

 

I agree - and lowering the payout amount would most likely increase Alamy's costs - and that would hit us 

Edited by Foreign Export
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/05/2022 at 09:02, spacecadet said:

With a port your size, assuming it's varied (I haven't looked), you should be getting a payment most months. I've only missed a handful in the last 6 years or so. If you're getting a lot of very small sales (I'm not) it might have something to do with the makeup of your port, but any image can licence for any price- distro and RM don't make much difference by all accounts.

I might agree recently but my average is still close to the site average.

 

 

my issue this month and not making payment will be clearing delays way beyond 45 days for corporate accounts.  I think i currently have my highest number of of past 45 uncleared images since i started.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

my issue this month and not making payment will be clearing delays way beyond 45 days for corporate accounts.  I think i currently have my highest number of of past 45 uncleared images since i started.  

Quite. I could use the $40 too.

I wish the supermarket gave 3 months' credit.

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I wish the supermarket gave 3 months' credit.

 

There’s always the ‘five-finger discount’, Alan. If you’re apprehended by the store detective for stuffing a couple of steaks down your trousers, just look confused and say “I’m a pensioner. I’m on new medication. I don’t know what I’m doing”…   😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.