Alamy - You should lower the limit for contributor payments

With the proliferation of 0.26 cents sales, it's taking ages for contributors' cleared balances to reach $50. I think the least Alamy could do for all contributors in the light of current minuscule sales amounts and Alamy taking an increased commission from them is to lower the balance cleared amount.

• Like 3

50 USD is not a high limit if you compare it with other agencies. DT for example requires to gather 100 USD (with microstock prices) and do not even pay you when you leave the boat if you could not reach that level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

This is the problem... not payout threshholds...

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

With the proliferation of 0.26 cents sales

Absolutely...Alamy should stop these deals...

Phil

• Like 2

Yes, but!   Is Alamy still in control of pricing our images or has someone else put their boot in?

Allan

I'm OK with $50. After all, it was $250 at one time. Lowering the payment threshold would make Alamy look even more like a microstock agency and perhaps even provide an excuse for more puny sales.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm OK with $50. After all, it was $250 at one time. Lowering the payment threshold would make Alamy look even more like a microstock agency and perhaps even provide an excuse for more puny sales.

i also assume lower threshold mean more banking fees for Alamy, and in the end all those costs end up passed back to us. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

On 27/05/2022 at 08:27, Celluloid Hero said:

With the proliferation of 0.26 cents sales, it's taking ages for contributors' cleared balances to reach $50. I think the least Alamy could do for all contributors in the light of current minuscule sales amounts and Alamy taking an increased commission from them is to lower the balance cleared amount.

With a port your size, assuming it's varied (I haven't looked), you should be getting a payment most months. I've only missed a handful in the last 6 years or so. If you're getting a lot of very small sales (I'm not) it might have something to do with the makeup of your port, but any image can licence for any price- distro and RM don't make much difference by all accounts.

I might agree recently but my average is still close to the site average.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

On 28/05/2022 at 03:05, John Mitchell said:

I agree - and lowering the payout amount would most likely increase Alamy's costs - and that would hit us 

Edited by Foreign Export
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

On 28/05/2022 at 09:02, spacecadet said:

With a port your size, assuming it's varied (I haven't looked), you should be getting a payment most months. I've only missed a handful in the last 6 years or so. If you're getting a lot of very small sales (I'm not) it might have something to do with the makeup of your port, but any image can licence for any price- distro and RM don't make much difference by all accounts.

I might agree recently but my average is still close to the site average.

my issue this month and not making payment will be clearing delays way beyond 45 days for corporate accounts.  I think i currently have my highest number of of past 45 uncleared images since i started.  

53 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

my issue this month and not making payment will be clearing delays way beyond 45 days for corporate accounts.  I think i currently have my highest number of of past 45 uncleared images since i started.  

Quite. I could use the $40 too.

I wish the supermarket gave 3 months' credit.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I wish the supermarket gave 3 months' credit.

There’s always the ‘five-finger discount’, Alan. If you’re apprehended by the store detective for stuffing a couple of steaks down your trousers, just look confused and say “I’m a pensioner. I’m on new medication. I don’t know what I’m doing”…   😎