Ramblings on what to shoot

Most everyone, Allan. And I can't walk two blocks from my front door without seeing someone who is worse off than me. However, Liverpool FC fans must be feeling good today. And in the States, my NYYankees are burning up the American League. 

Edo

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Most everyone, Allan. And I can't walk two blocks from my front door without seeing someone who is worse off than me. However, Liverpool FC fans must be feeling good today. And in the States, my NYYankees are burning up the American League. 

Edo

well my Montreal Expos are still undefeated this year,,,,  

Birds/nature forms a large part of my collection but in recent years it bugs me no end when I see pics like mine in newspapers etc with the Getty label. What do Getty do differently?

13 minutes ago, FOTOLINCS said:

Birds/nature forms a large part of my collection but in recent years it bugs me no end when I see pics like mine in newspapers etc with the Getty label. What do Getty do differently?

They offer very low rate subscription deals to major publishers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

So things are going well for you in that baseball dream world of yours? You were not referring to the Nationals, who are first place in their country's heart but last in last place in the National League, I hope? My son lives in Montreal, as you may know. 

Edo

• Love 1

On 14/05/2022 at 17:07, Ed Rooney said:

As Betty suggests, I snap a lot of store fronts, particularly the signs. I shoot street signs and all sorts of other signs too. And amazingly, I don't find it any more boring to do than the other subjects I face most days. Dusk is my favourite time for store front captures. 

I shoot landmarks, of course . . . and statues, alfresco diners, food, desktop stuff, and anything that catches my eye that has positive lighting, shape, colour, and suggests a caption. Remember when we looked for 'people doing things'? Now I have to look for people doing something -- anything other than looking at their mobile phones. 

Right now, I am in painful need of a change of scene. 

I thought you had plans for taking a bus or train out of town for the day when the weather improved.

Edited by Betty LaRue

On 01/05/2022 at 18:40, Doc said:

Tend to agree, and the interiors sell as well as the exterior images

I'm interested to know more here as I understood tat the interior of churches/cathedrals (and the grounds surrounding them) belong to the Church in question (eg Church of England) and so permission should be sought ... 

I have some nice pics of interiors but have never tried to licence them for that reason.

I'd be interested to hear more about this.

Just now, Ed Rooney said:

A wish more than a plan. 

Just…do it, Edo! Make a plan. I actually shot some new stuff yesterday for the first time since surgery! Also bade my beloved neighbors goodbye before they left permanently for Florida. My son spent two days helping Mike load the moving van. Now, to see what the new neighbors will be like.

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

So things are going well for you in that baseball dream world of yours? You were not referring to the Nationals, who are first place in their country's heart but last in last place in the National League, I hope? My son lives in Montreal, as you may know. 

Edo

cheering for extinct teams as advantage that you never get crushed, living for a long time in Toronto that was nice- they again saw their eternal hockey hopes crush this week.

i do not acknowledge the link to the Nationals, same as they do not that of the Expos allowing players to use the retired numbers.  so last place is great. 

19 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

I used to really enjoy playing baseball but find it exceedingly boring to watch. That said, I went to a couple of Expo games in Jarry Park many moons ago. They were night games, and I remember spending most of the time swatting shad flies. At least it kept me awake. Go, Expos, go!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I used to really enjoy playing baseball but find it exceedingly boring to watch. That said, I went to a couple of Expo games in Jarry Park many moons ago. They were night games, and I remember spending most of the time swatting shad flies. At least it kept me awake. Go, Expos, go!

it is boring in general, for me baseball was something you listened on radio as you did other things. That said the year i spent in Vancouver i loved going to the Nat Bailey Stadium watch minor league games. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

it is boring in general, for me baseball was something you listened on radio as you did other things. That said the year i spent in Vancouver i loved going to the Nat Bailey Stadium watch minor league games. 

... no shad flies either. 😎

• Love 1