How to see the keywords associated with a picture?

MemphisJim

Question

So far, I have earned no money with images on this site. To change that, I wish to expand the list of words associated with a picture, but I cannot get the screen to show the words I wrote with a particular picture. I would really like to print them out, but it is turning out more effective to take a picture with my phone, as there is no clear way shown to print them out. Ideas? 

16 answers to this question

Go to your Alamy Image Manager or AIM for short..

Look where it says Download your data.

Press the button Send me my data.

You will receive a spreadsheet with all your images with all their keywords.

And what Bob said.

wim

Edited by wiskerke
  • Love 1

Agreed. Alamy is a marathon not a short race. In other words, you’ll not get many downloads like microstock, but over time, with a larger portfolio, the right images, some of the sales will be for a lot more than microstock. Note the word “some”.

Get up good quality editorial style images. Tap on the area under each of our names here, where it says Images xxxx and get an idea what some of us are shooting. Look on the “Images Sold” thread and see what’s selling, to give you ideas of what to shoot.

I've got up quite a few tomato pictures, and have not ever gotten a zoom of one of them, let alone a sale.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, BobD said:

my advice would be to stop worrying about keywords and get some images up.

Bob, several of your landscape/building images have a distinct purple cast, especially in the shadows. I see purple headstones in the graveyard image.

Is it my machine or do you see it, or is it deliberate? Sorry we’ve lost our PM ability.

34 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Bob, several of your landscape/building images have a distinct purple cast, especially in the shadows. I see purple headstones in the graveyard image.

Is it my machine or do you see it, or is it deliberate? Sorry we’ve lost our PM ability.

I see it too.

Mark

4 hours ago, MemphisJim said:

To change that, I wish to expand the list of words associated with a picture, but I cannot get the screen to show the words I wrote with a particular picture. I would really like to print them out, but it is turning out more effective to take a picture with my phone, as there is no clear way shown to print them out. Ideas? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeGewd73uw

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks Betty.

I have changed my workflow recently, It's strange that it notices much more on Alamy than it does in photoshop. I will have to redo the latest batch and re-upload.

1 hour ago, BobD said:

Thanks Betty.

I have changed my workflow recently, It's strange that it notices much more on Alamy than it does in photoshop. I will have to redo the latest batch and re-upload.

I have just had a peek and YIKES!  It appears you have had magenta runaway.

Allan

2 hours ago, BobD said:

<> It's strange that it notices much more on Alamy than it does in photoshop<>

Monitor not capable of showing chosen gamut?

Wrong monitor profile?

Proof setup (Proof Colors Ctrl-Y) with wrong profile?

Something like that.

wim

17 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Monitor not capable of showing chosen gamut?

Wrong monitor profile?

Proof setup (Proof Colors Ctrl-Y) with wrong profile?

Something like that.

wim

I have dual monitors, an Eizo and a Benq, both very good monitors and both calibrated. I use Adobe 98 profile and only use proofing when printing. When I look again at the images I can see there is a cast but it is not as pronounced as it is on Alamy using the same monitor to view. I think the old saying, walk away after processing and come back an hour later is probably sound advice.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BobD said:

there is a cast but it is not as pronounced as it is on Alamy using the same monitor to view.

The cast is eyeball-bruising.  I don't use PS but in LR my tint correction is -47 which is huge.

On the separate issue of the monitor, if browser and PS are showing different colours on the same monitor I think something is very wrong. There should be no difference because browsers have been colour-managed (or whaterver the term is) for a long time. The last time this was discussed here IIRC the reference articles were from about 2005.

A batch got past me once. Turned out it was finger trouble with the white balance on the camera- I still don't know how it happened, but the forum spotted it for me. I just thought Seville looked that warm.

4 hours ago, BobD said:

I have dual monitors, an Eizo and a Benq, both very good monitors and both calibrated. I use Adobe 98 profile and only use proofing when printing. When I look again at the images I can see there is a cast but it is not as pronounced as it is on Alamy using the same monitor to view. I think the old saying, walk away after processing and come back an hour later is probably sound advice.

Strange thing, you have two images of a man cutting on a tree stump. One has the purple cast, the other is perfect. I assume these were taken at the same time and processed at the same time. Do you use the WB dropper? Maybe you did on the one but not the other?

I think you are right about the walking away thing. I’ve done that when I didn’t have the time to finish processing a batch, and when I came back to it the next day, found things to tweak.

Only having 4 pictures is obviously your first problem as others have said but regarding your keywords for the tomato pictures (a bit of a speciality of mine) I feel that you are over thinking this.  Words like  asterides  cerasiforme  eudicots solanaceae solanales are very unlikely to be searched for.  You need to look for something more obvious rather than obscure technical words.  You should include the scientific name of the plant and if you know it the variety but then try words like red vine summer fruit vegetable edible ripening plant growing garden truss food edible for example and plurals of these where needed. The picture of the cherry tomatoes is rather spoiled by the stalks I would aim to have the tomatoes as the main part of the picture not a stalk in front of them.  Regarding your pic of Cherokee Purple Tomato (needs tomatoes in keywords) it is good you have the variety but it is a green tomato most searches for a purple tomato will be after a ripe purple tomato.

You also need to have a look at the pic of the balls it has the caption and some keywords from the fireworks pic.

10 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Strange thing, you have two images of a man cutting on a tree stump. One has the purple cast, the other is perfect. I assume these were taken at the same time and processed at the same time. Do you use the WB dropper? Maybe you did on the one but not the other?

I think you are right about the walking away thing. I’ve done that when I didn’t have the time to finish processing a batch, and when I came back to it the next day, found things to tweak.

I too noticed the 2 images side by side earlier this evening, was busy or would have referenced them. This is a real mystery, and suspect only Bob will get to the bottom of it.

Re walking away and re checking later. If working late under subdued artificial lighting as I am now, I usually check again the following morning, and sometimes make adjustments to brightness and do a quick QC check in daylight. When time is critical, though not so often these days, I compare edits to what I class as my 'gold standard' image. I do this too when editing away from home in adverse conditions, such a sitting under a tree in the shade, or in an area where I can't shield the screen of my Mac so well from bright sunlight.

Edited by sb photos