Re-Rank ?

Guest aeropilot

Guest aeropilot

Alex why the neg ??

I have over 100,000 images here, I don't want to advertise my subjects, techniques etc, to my competition (No offense)

So anyone notice a re-rank, please mature answers ;)

p

Well well and here is me thinking that everyone on this site was ready to share 

Alex why the neg ??

I have over 100,000 images here, I don't want to advertise my subjects, techniques etc, to my competition (No offense)

p

No offence to you John, now how wrong I was thinking everyone was friendly and helpful on here but only 99% are .. ..you don't want us on here  to copy your style "" So haven't you ever looked at other togs work and thought I  think I will try and get a shot like that ." or have you been a brilliant tog from picking up you very first camera.. Well i suppose you have ...  ^_^

Alex why the neg ??

p

I didn't give you the neg, i don't believe in the red arrow system but will give greens for good answers or info.

Alex why the neg ??

p

I didn't give you the neg, i don't believe in the red arrow system but will give greens for good answers or info.

Why do we even have a red button?

Well well and here is me thinking that everyone on this site was ready to share 

Alex why the neg ??

p

No offence to you John, now how wrong I was thinking everyone was friendly and helpful on here but only 99% are .. ..you don't want us on here  to copy your style "" So haven't you ever looked at other togs work and thought I  think I will try and get a shot like that ." or have you been a brilliant tog from picking up you very first camera.. Well i suppose you have ...  ^_^

Two things here . . . okay, make it three:

1. I added a green arrow to three of the OP's posts, but the OP's "reputation" (sic) only changed by +1 . . . and for the record, I don't give red arrows.

2. Why should folk have to share if they don't want to?

3. Isn't it funny how often a sentence beginning with "no offence to . . . " goes on to be offensive? In this case, more offensive, IMO, than all the preceeding in this thread.

Someone asks if there's been a re-rank, and scores red arrows for that exact question? Anonymous red arrows at that . . . to me that is more of a concern than someone choosing to not let everyone see their portfolio.

EDIT: the greens have now overrun the earlier reds :-)

dd

Guest aeropilot

Hi Aeropilot,

I'm trying to send you a pm, could you please open your mailbox for a moment?

wim

Thanks great info :)

If there has been a reranking I haven't moved on any of my pseudos. Is that good news or bad. Who knows.

Its great to share - we all work relatively alone - it gives us a network of like minded iondividuals - it only works, however, if we are all good boys and girls so lets all play nicely together. The naughty step is getting a bit crowded at the moment.

dov

Normally we wouldn’t have a problem with someone posting on the forum with 0 images next to their name, but that’s because it means they are a new contributor. As the person already has an account with many images in it, it’s not really in keeping with the spirit of the forum that they're posting against an ‘anonymous’ account. Everyone else is happy to be associated with their work on Alamy through the forum and it builds a better community because photographers compare portfolios and can share advice if they shoot similar things.

For this reason, we've removed the forum account in question.

Alamy

Archived