I've just found one of my images being used but it hasn't shown up in my sales.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/why-the-world-still-needs-the-simple-pleasures-of-the-honda-super-cub/ar-AAKjlK6#comments

It seems it was used 4 days ago

What to do, it hasn't happened to me before, well not that I know of anyway ?

Thanks in advance 

Carol

Hi Carol.

This is usual as as newspapers tend to report their usages all in one go at the end of the month (or whatever is in their contract). You probably won't see this show up for at least a month... They can take up to three months to show up in some cases.

1 minute ago, RyanU said:

Hi Carol.

This is usual as as newspapers tend to report their usages all in one go at the end of the month (or whatever is in their contract). You probably won't see this show up for at least a month... They can take up to three months to show up in some cases.

Ok many thanks Ryan, in the back of my mind I thought it may be the case as it's a newspaper but I thought to ask on here.  Thank you again, I won't stress too much but will make a note of it....  

Carol

1 minute ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

OMG I've just found another one...... just checked all my sales history, never sold this one...

https://www.afripics.com/image/search/detail/F2D8718C-A629-41B7-AE32-DF4016135C2E

Advice please ?

Many thanks

Carol

looks like a distributor.  do you allow African distributors?

12 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

looks like a distributor.  do you allow African distributors?

OK just checked and yes Africa is on my list, I don't have all the countries just a few - I didn't realise they could download them for free or am I missing something ?

Just gone in and changed a few things countrywise.

Carol

Edited by CAROL SAUNDERS
change of wording

13 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

OK just checked and yes Africa is on my list, I don't have all the countries just a few - I didn't realise they could download them for free or am I missing something ?

Just gone in and changed a few things countrywise.

Carol

it's not downloaded,  this is just the distributor's platform

8 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Carol, I have three recent uses I found and have not shown up in my sales yet.  Alamy says I must wait three months from use before reporting it to them.  A bit frustrating since I have to keep track of these.

When I find these I put a note in my diary 3 months on and check, if not reported e mail goes out and note moves on a month, as sometimes I've had to chase again, and last week even sent a 5 month reminder as an image is still not reported!

Phil

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

When I find these I put a note in my diary 3 months on and check, if not reported e mail goes out and note moves on a month, as sometimes I've had to chase again, and last week even sent a 5 month reminder as an image is still not reported!

Phil

With contributors finding, diarize , chasing Alamy for payment - I don't see what benefit does the commission or 40/50/ 60 % result to.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gnans said:

With contributors finding, diarize , chasing Alamy for payment - I don't see what benefit does the commission or 40/50/ 60 % result to.

+1 They need to get this sorted...been going on for far too long 

• Like 2

I had an unreported use in The Guardian Print in January. I reported it as un unauthorised use earlier this month, and it came in as a sale yesterday, but only for web use, so for a lower price than it should have been. It's difficult to find the enthusiasm to keep chasing these infringements at the moment, especially as they are usually only worth a couple of dollars.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

I had an unreported use in The Guardian Print in January. I reported it as un unauthorised use earlier this month, and it came in as a sale yesterday, but only for web use, so for a lower price than it should have been. It's difficult to find the enthusiasm to keep chasing these infringements at the moment, especially as they are usually only worth a couple of dollars.

I would go back and ask them to also bill for the print use....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

if licence doesn't allow Print, i would report misuse.  Wouldn't this now qualify as misuse and should be handled by the infringement team, not that accounting "they forgot to report" team? 

12 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

OMG I've just found another one...... just checked all my sales history, never sold this one...

https://www.afripics.com/image/search/detail/F2D8718C-A629-41B7-AE32-DF4016135C2E

Advice please ?

Many thanks

Carol

Note that the link now comes out as "Error", so it looks like the Opt-out was effective immediately, so at least some are working as per the agreement.

5 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

if licence doesn't allow Print, i would report misuse.  Wouldn't this now qualify as misuse and should be handled by the infringement team, not that accounting "they forgot to report" team? 

I will. Thanks for the encouragement.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 08:37, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

I've just found one of my images being used but it hasn't shown up in my sales.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/why-the-world-still-needs-the-simple-pleasures-of-the-honda-super-cub/ar-AAKjlK6#comments

It seems it was used 4 days ago

What to do, it hasn't happened to me before, well not that I know of anyway ?

Thanks in advance 

Carol

you could always email Alamy and ask them- im sure they would be happy  to explain it all

I've just also noticed that the Telegraph refer in their caption to........

Man on Honda motorbike laden with goods, Hanoi, Vietnam - Carol J Saunders/Alamy

The caption on my image does not mention the word "Honda" ?  - any thoughts ?

Image No is 2AGXB0B 

Carol

43 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

I've just also noticed that the Telegraph refer in their caption to........

Man on Honda motorbike laden with goods, Hanoi, Vietnam - Carol J Saunders/Alamy

The caption on my image does not mention the word "Honda" ?  - any thoughts ?

Image No is 2AGXB0B 

Carol

not Keyworded either?  

1 hour ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

No, just checked, definately the word  Honda is not keyworded ? Unsure of how relevant or not it is that the caption has been changed ? 

Carol

Probably not too much of an issue because the change is straight forward,  i assume it lines up with the picture.  The main issue is if Honda had an issue with their name being used, this opens up all the debate we have been having on the new contract on where the liability is.  

I do have a feeling this is quite frequent.  I many times see images used to illustrate stuff  not include in description, even with "Editorial only" restriction. 

17 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Probably not too much of an issue because the change is straight forward,  i assume it lines up with the picture.  The main issue is if Honda had an issue with their name being used, this opens up all the debate we have been having on the new contract on where the liability is.  

I do have a feeling this is quite frequent.  I many times see images used to illustrate stuff  not include in description, even with "Editorial only" restriction. 

OK many thanks for that, I guess if they buy an image they can caption how they like.  Good advertising for Honda I guess😉   Anyway I've emailed Alamy about the unreported sale and received an automated response, I have diarised it anyway.

Thanks all for your help again.....

Carol

• Love 1