First sale popped up :)

.. when a contributor makes his first sale he has to buy his colleagues a whisky.

It's buried in the Alamy contract small print. 

I'm not driving tonight. 

Richard.

Thats why it is always good the read the full contract ;). Especially when it was a glass of beer it should be a sign that maybe i missed something with not reading it. Unfortunately Polish people are not such whisky drinkers.....but i can always take Zubrowka Vodka :)

:)

I dont know if Alamy will be happy with a bunch of drunk photographers .... :)

Ah, don't worry! We'll all come to your place this weekend. Alamy doesn't work on weekends.

You also have crisps? I like salt, not paprika, but perhaps others like it.

See ya,

Philippe

The first sale should be a 10.000 dollar sale ..........

.. when a contributor makes his first sale he has to buy his colleagues a whisky.

I'm not driving tonight. 

Richard.

Thats why it is always good the read the full contract ;). Especially when it was a glass of beer it should be a sign that maybe i missed something with not reading it. Unfortunately Polish people are not such whisky drinkers.....but i can always take Zubrowka Vodka :)

Ha Ha I should run like the guy I saw once on a golf course who hit a hole in one he ran to the car and left fast there were a lot of people in the club house did you know they sell insurance against getting a hole in one I wonder that alamy missed a trick selling insurance for getting a fist sale :-)

Ha Ha I should run like the guy I saw once on a golf course who hit a hole in one he ran to the car and left fast there were a lot of people in the club house did you know they sell insurance against getting a hole in one I wonder that alamy missed a trick selling insurance for getting a fist sale :-)

I'm not driving tonight. 

Richard.

:D Like your port, BTW, Stephen, but you really should plug that guitar in or you'll need the telephone kit to hear it!

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my second sale :). So two sales this month. It looks like i only needed patience. The next will come for sure soon also. Thanks for your nice words and advices. But dont worry i will not put a new message for every sale. It is just for the firsts.

This image i sold today:

DC101E.jpg

I just had my second sale :). So two sales this month. It looks like i only needed patience. The next will come for sure soon also. Thanks for your nice words and advices. But dont worry i will not put a new message for every sale. It is just for the firsts.

This image i sold today:

DC101E.jpg

Many congrats, Mirco! :) However, I wouldn't count on two sales in rapid succession as being the regular return until you have had a few sales...and a little more time. :( Let's hope I'm just being pessimistic!

FWIW: my first sale (in June) was quickly followed by another 10 days later - then nothing until 30th September.  Another wait 'till 1st November and then my best sale to date 4 days later.  But nothing since then (well, one unreported on 7th November).

So consistency for us new sellers is not something we can expect.  I know that Philippe has said that for regular sales we should have "at least 3000 images" - and then a few months for those images to be found, [possibly zoomed], licensed and reported.  You have easily leapfrogged me with the quantity so you'll likely get there before me with the regular sales too.  It'll be interesting to discover!  :)  Next summer (or in 12 months) should give us some more reliable figures.

Good luck to both of us!

Thanks for your answer Danny.

I know that i can expect emptyness. I am anyway happy. Also because a sale will bring the ranking up. I will let you know what will happen for sure if you want. Escpecially because we are both new.

Mirco

Yeah, it'll be interesting, Mirco.  I hope that the ranking is positively affected, (it should be), but don't rely on the BHZ game to give you reliable results there - my BHZ 'rank' went down after my first two sales - figure that out!

Third sale came just now. So my next was allready quick. It looks like a nice day :). The interesting thing is that it are exactly the first two zooms i had. The second zoom i had 5 days later but anyway on the same day invoiced.

DC62NK.jpg

Third sale came just now. So my next was allready quick. It looks like a nice day :). The interesting thing is that it are exactly the first two zooms i had. The second zoom i had 5 days later but anyway on the same day invoiced.

DC62NK.jpg

Very well done Mirco !

Archived