Image in QC for a long time

Loren44

Hi, it's been a long time I notice a lot of slowness in checking the images send. The situation has probably worsened with the pandemic, in my case I have to wait up to a month to be approved.

If the images are not approved then I have to wait another ten days before uploading again. In my opinion it is too long time, we both waste time and money.

Thanks

I have been with Alamy since 2008 and I am still waiting up to 5 weeks for submissions to pass QC. There is no favouritism shown to any regardless.

Allan

On 18/02/2021 at 16:35, Allan Bell said:

I have been with Alamy since 2008 and I am still waiting up to 5 weeks for submissions to pass QC. There is no favouritism shown to any regardless.

Allan

In fact , I' m not talking about favoring someone or not, but for everyone!

Francesco

That is concerning and not good for you or Alamy. 

My QC rating is 3 stars and I am only waiting one day for images to be passed with submissions going in every few days so not sure why you and others are experiencing long delays.

I understand the frustration.

I would take it up with Alamy via email to contributors@alamy.com

They are helpful and may be able to tell you if there is any reason.

Good luck.

On 17/02/2021 at 18:32, Loren44 said:

Hi, it's been a long time I notice a lot of slowness in checking the images send. The situation has probably worsened with the pandemic, in my case I have to wait up to a month to be approved.

If the images are not approved then I have to wait another ten days before uploading again. In my opinion it is too long time, we both waste time and money.

Thanks

Whilst the delay may be unwelcome Alamy have worked to this qc standard for a long time so they don't think they are wasting time and money.

Learning the qc standard and working to it is not that hard. 

• Love 1

• 1 year later...

My upload has been in QC for weeks. In the mean time, I uploaded more. In my very first batch 1 image didn't pass QC so all images in all pending batches were rejected... If QC had worked faster, not so many batches would have been uploaded by the time the first one was rejected and I would have to spend all the time uploading them again. 
I also don't understand why all images and all batches have to be rejected because one image was found not good enough (an image that I have already sold in other stock photo sites by the way ...)

1 hour ago, niki72 said:

I also don't understand why all images and all batches have to be rejected because one image was found not good enough

Alamy do make this clear, they only make spot checks but are clearly particularly careful with new contributors. If they find an image that fails then they aren't going to waste time checking the pending batches for any more. It's tough but at first it is best to wait until batches clear before uploading any more, and you certainly need to wait to see if your first three have cleared. Most of us have failed, felt the pain, and learnt from it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to follow your advise Harry and I uploaded only 1 picture at a time ... only problem is: it takes alamy 12(!) days before a picture is accepted. At this rate, I can upload 30 pictures per year. I have over a 1000 pictures on other stock sites. And if they disapprove of a picture, the upload is blocked for a week so 30 pictures a year only if non have been rejected. (so far 2 of my best selling pictures in other stock sites were rejected so no way of knowing what it will be ...) 

5 minutes ago, niki72 said:

I tried to follow your advise Harry and I uploaded only 1 picture at a time ... only problem is: it takes alamy 12(!) days before a picture is accepted. At this rate, I can upload 30 pictures per year. I have over a 1000 pictures on other stock sites. And if they disapprove of a picture, the upload is blocked for a week so 30 pictures a year only if non have been rejected. (so far 2 of my best selling pictures in other stock sites were rejected so no way of knowing what it will be ...) 

I suggest you to keep those best selling pictures on the other side 😉

2 hours ago, niki72 said:

Not one photo at a time.  One batch at a time (more than one, three for the first batch.  Wait for a batch to clear before uploading more.  New photographers are advised to submit smaller batches at first, but not one photo at a time.

3 hours ago, niki72 said:

I tried to follow your advise Harry and I uploaded only 1 picture at a time

Yes, as Rebecca says, until or unless you are confident that your images are of good enough quality to pass QC just upload a small batch of 'safe' images, in other words images taken at normal ISO, well exposed, sharp, no motion blur, no fringing and with no sensor spots in the sky, or any other areas where they might show up. Just play safe but certainly more than one at a time, maybe 10 - 20 or so at first.

I guess it depends on who is evaluating. I have 200+ pictures up for sale already with alamy and almost never had a problem of pictures being rejected until recently when all of a sudden, it took 4 weeks before my batches were evaluated and 1 of the pictures was rejected so all of the batches thrown out. 200 more pictures have been approved but I still need to tag them so they can go on sale. Problem is that I upload my pictures on several stock sites at the same time. Easy to just add keywords once and copy them on the other sites. This saves a lot of work. However, with alamy you have to add the keywords AFTER approval and not while uploading. So when after a couple of weeks the pictures are finally evaluated, you can do all the work again. 
Bottom line, Alamy is one of the better paying sites but not very user friendly for the contributors. 

4 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

That's not so, either.  You can add the caption and keywords in meta data before exporting the photos. 

You are correct Rebecca. I'm a contributor that has always added captions and tags prior to uploading.