To those who have gone.

I bought a copy of the Amateur Photographer at the end of December for bedtime reading and in it saw a tribute article to the photographers, and those who were closely connected with the photographic industry, who had passed away during 2020. I was astonished to see how many had passed away and I list them below for those of you who may be interested.

Bruno Barbey, Peter Beard, John Downing, Paul Fusco, Chris Killip, John Loengard and Baron Wolman, who were all given an overview of their very interesting lives.

There were a lot of other names mentioned too.

Astrid Kirchherr, Clive Limpkin, Frank Horvat, Jeff Jacobson, Bill Ray, Sue Davies, Elsa Dorfman, Victor Skrebneski, Anna Blume, Karsten Thielker, Dan Budnik, Alain Desvergnes, Julian Cardona, Sergey Chilikov, Seiji Kurata and Santu Mofokeng.

Thank you for your hard work in furthering the photography industry.

Rest In Peace.

Allan

• Love 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

What are you doing with an amateur photography magazine? You’re no amateur.

Thank you for the compliment. Some may disagree.

There are sometimes very interesting articles within. They are also very good at reviewing equipment.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

21 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

There are sometimes very interesting articles within.

I've always been a fan of that magazine, especially since the British Journal of Photography went monthly and changed beyond all recognition. Their equipment reviews are thorough though you do sometimes need to read between the lines to get to what they're trying to tell you.  Peter Dench is excellent, and every bit a professional.

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Thank you for the compliment. Some may disagree.

There are sometimes very interesting articles within. They are also very good at reviewing equipment.

Allan

Of course, I was teasing you, but not on your ability. I’ve subscribed to most of the photography magazines available in the U.S. until the last two years. After the loss of my husband, I had to economize. 
And yes, good information and reviews.

Edited by Betty LaRue

I NEW you were only teasing. With the accent on "NEW".

Another AP reader is Bryan. At least he has mentioned it in the past.

Allan

Not to mention the loss of a long term friend of those on alamy, Keith.  I miss his helpful posts and I’m glad to see that he still has regular sales on here, which will be a help to his family. RIP. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

The list I posted was for those who had gone during 2020.

But I do not mind if people want to remember others who have passed away.

Allan

• Like 1