Pictures

Kibet kipkosgei

When taking photos of scenery, objects, animals etc try to stick to keywording only what is in the photo. With concepts you can bend this rule somewhat but as a general rule don't over keyword and don't put unnecessary or irrelevant wording. I had a brief look at your images and there are a lot of KWs and captions I don't understand based on what is in the image. I get the feeling you are in some cases trying to keyword to what you think your customer might be thinking when searching for an image - in practice I found this often doesn't work, particularly with generic animal/nature photos and just results in false searches. 

I think you need to calibrate your monitor as on my monitor almost all of the images are very dark.  Need to brush up on some photo editing skills as well.

And as the others have said, proper keyword and captioning.  As the number of images on alamy gets larger and larger, the more important your keywords are.  I someone is looking for a hissing cat, they won't find your image as it's captioned as a waterfall.

Jill

7 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I think you need to calibrate your monitor as on my monitor almost all of the images are very dark.  Need to brush up on some photo editing skills as well.

And as the others have said, proper keyword and captioning.  As the number of images on alamy gets larger and larger, the more important your keywords are.  I someone is looking for a hissing cat, they won't find your image as it's captioned as a waterfall.

Jill

Ditto the dark images.

Allan

Your pictures are underexposed, flat and not very exciting.  Your captions and keywords are very poor.  You've 15 pics in your port - Alamy has almost 230 million images.  Finding one of your pics is like trying to find a brussel sprout in the Pacific Ocean.  Try and shoot people, those kind of pics sell.  Alamy is about quality, quantity and a lot of patience.  Good luck.

I think that one of the problems is that many beginning photographers who have never known anything but digital cameras -- which is not their fault of course -- don't really understand exposure or the need to shoot in good lighting whenever possible. Both of these were crucial in film days. I hesitate to say this, but perhaps Alamy QC shouldn't accept really dark images. It might help new contributors in the long run. Just sayin'...

• Like 2

Some of the problems with the subject being underexposed (the elephants were hard to see as elephants) is that the background is so bright.  You have to learn how to increase the exposure on the darker parts without blowing out the background, or you pick a better shooting day.  Better to blow out the background than the subject.  And Lightroom's sliders can't do it all, and you need to use other tools.  

On 04/12/2020 at 23:56, MizBrown said:

Some of the problems with the subject being underexposed (the elephants were hard to see as elephants) is that the background is so bright.  You have to learn how to increase the exposure on the darker parts without blowing out the background, or you pick a better shooting day.  Better to blow out the background than the subject.  And Lightroom's sliders can't do it all, and you need to use other tools.  

it looks to me like there has been some attempt to bring up the shadows on the elephant already, if you look you can see darker areas around the ears which look like they haven't been masked. If fill flash hadn't made it more acceptable in camera I'd have unfortunately given up on that image as you'd be looking at bringing the exposure up 1-2 stops on the elephant which is a noise fest.

1 hour ago, Cal said:

it looks to me like there has been some attempt to bring up the shadows on the elephant already, if you look you can see darker areas around the ears which look like they haven't been masked. If fill flash hadn't made it more acceptable in camera I'd have unfortunately given up on that image as you'd be looking at bringing the exposure up 1-2 stops on the elephant which is a noise fest.

I think that for something where there's a very bright background and a very dark subject, running the shot through Deep Prime in DXO's PhotoLab can be useful.