No sales, what I'm doing is wrong.

ArtNeli

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Betty, this is a really good tip!! Hmmm, maybe I need to stop doing my single macro flower shots.... But they're so pretty 🙃 I had thought recently I should start doing shots that show more context as well, you've just made it concrete for me.

Steve

I would not give up the "single macro flower shots"  There is definitely a demand for these if they are captioned with full details of species and cultivar if applicable, as yours are.. Mix them up with wider shots by all means but carry on with some of them.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Burrows said:

I would not give up the "single macro flower shots"  There is definitely a demand for these if they are captioned with full details of species and cultivar if applicable, as yours are.. Mix them up with wider shots by all means but carry on with some of them.  

Couldn't agree more, Chris.

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, Chris Burrows said:

My 105mm Sigma macro is the lens I use for probably 99% of the time.  It is the only lens I have for my full frame camera that is used for nearly all my stock pictures.

Wow Chris, great pictures!! Do you use extension tubes for some of them? I've just got some so I'm playing around with them a bit. My 90mm Sony macro has the best image quality out of all my lenses.

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

На вашей первой странице, а может быть и в другом месте, у вас есть отдельные цветы со стеблями, идущими из угла. Я сомневаюсь, что кто-то из них когда-нибудь будет продаваться Большинство лицензий на цветы больше похожи на букет подсолнухов. Обычно их покупают в питомниках растений, в журналах или газетах, иллюстрирующих статьи. Может быть, даже для календаря с разными цветами каждый месяц. Они будут искать красочный разворот или букет цветов.

Вместо этого возьмите горизонтальный, вертикальный, крупный план в контексте горшка или клумбы, а не смотрите вверх на небо.

Я попробовал «подсолнух в небе», и его даже не увеличивали. Но я продал такие, как предлагал.

Оба они получили лицензию в прошлом году.

золотофлейм-жимолость-lonicera-x-heckrotа-крупным планом-розовых-цветов-залитых-с-

Betty, Thank you for your advice, apparently you need to shoot the most simple and familiar angles of flowers and plants.

On 17/09/2020 at 14:27, Stokie said:

Заголовки или подписи, безусловно, важны при поиске. Опишите изображение как можно более подробно и точно. Таким образом, ваши изображения, а также ваши ключевые слова будут занимать более высокое место в любом релевантном поиске.

Джон.

Thank You, John!

Edited by ArtNeli

3 hours ago, Chris Burrows said:

Я бы не отказался от "одиночных макроснимков цветов". На них определенно есть спрос, если они будут снабжены подписями с полной информацией о видах и сортах, если это применимо, как ваш ... Смешайте их с более широкими снимками, но продолжайте с некоторыми из них.  

Cris, do you have very beautiful flowers, light and sharp, delicate and airy? If You remove them, then there is a demand for floral beauty.

Hi Nailya,

Well done for writing in a foreign language. You might not get answers to some of your questions from other Forum members, because some of your text doesn't always make sense in English. Be aware that automatic translating programmes, including Google Translate, are not actually very good!

Steve

p.s. Much as I'd like to have a field day with French or German, the common language of this Forum is English; if you want to write to someone in Russian, you're probably best off doing that outside the Forum with personal messaging.

Edited by Steve F
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Steve F said:

automatic translating programmes, including Google Translate, are not actually very good!

Er, the latter post wasn't too good, but Google translates

Заголовки или подписи, безусловно, важны при поиске. Опишите изображение как можно более подробно и точно. Таким образом, ваши изображения, а также ваши ключевые слова будут занимать более высокое место в любом релевантном поиске.

as

Titles or captions are definitely important when searching. Describe the image in as much detail and as accurate as possible This way, your images as well as your keywords will rank higher in any relevant search.

The original post is

Titles, or captions, are definitely important in searches. Describe the image as thoroughly and as accurately as you can. That way, as well as your keywords, your images will come up higher in any relevant searches.

Seems pretty good to me.

14 minutes ago, Steve F said:

the official language of this Forum is English

Is it? Common yes, but official? The poster was simply translating a post into Russian for their own convenience.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Er, the latter post wasn't too good, but Google translates

Well maybe I should clarify, Google Translate is very hit and miss! Especially for saying anything more complicated than 'hello, how are you'.

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Is it?

T'as peut-être raison, mais la boîte, c'est anglais, et le keywording et captions sont aussi en anglais. Et je ne crois pas que les gens ont envie d'avoir des messages en milliers de langues différentes ne c'est pas?

p.s. 'box' is French slang for company 🙃

p.p.s. It doesn't actually seem to be stated anywhere that there's an official forum language, have changed my post.

Edited by Steve F

22 minutes ago, Steve F said:

T'as peut-être raison, mais la boîte, c'est anglais, et le keywording et captions sont aussi en anglais. Et je ne crois pas que les gens ont envie d'avoir des messages en milliers de langues différentes ne c'est pas?

p.s. 'box' is French slang for company 🙃

p.p.s. It doesn't actually seem to be stated anywhere that there's an official forum language, have changed my post.

Sans blague.

tr. You might be right, but the box is English, and the keywording and captions are also in English. And I don't think people want to have messages in thousands of different languages, do they?

Pas certain du traduction "avoir envie" mais autrement pas mal.

Et je ne crois pas que les gens ont envie d'avoir des messages en milliers de langues différentes ne c'est pas?

Certainement. De temps en temps.

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Sans blague.

tr. You might be right, but the box is English, and the keywording and captions are also in English. And I don't think people want to have messages in thousands of different languages, do they?

Pas certain du traduction "avoir envie" mais autrement pas mal.

Et je ne crois pas que les gens ont envie d'avoir des messages en milliers de langues différentes ne c'est pas?

Certainement. De temps en temps.

J'ai envie de is another way of saying je voudrais - I want... If you say j'ai envie de toi.... Well, that's between me and partner, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Or are you fluent in French??? Everyone has hidden depths on the Forum!

The translation was pretty good, guess it can't pick up much slang yet, but Google will get there eventually. I believe Google Translate relies a lot on existing translations on the web, which is a bit of a stumbling block, because a lot of companies, even big ones, do a pretty poor job on translating their websites into foreign languages (between French, English and German anyway, can't speak for other languages)

Edited by Steve F

Привет Наиля,

Молодец для письма на иностранном языке. Вы можете не получить ответы на некоторые из ваших вопросов от других участников форума, потому что часть вашего текста не всегда имеет смысл на английском языке. Имейте в виду, что программы автоматического перевода, включая Google Translate, на самом деле не очень хороши!

Стив

ps Как бы я ни хотел провести полевой день с французским или немецким языком, общий язык этого форума - английский; если вы хотите написать кому-то на русском языке, вам, вероятно, лучше всего сделать это за пределами форума с помощью личных сообщений.

Наиля,

Молодец для письма на иностранном языке. Вы можете не получить ответы на некоторые из ваших вопросов от других участников форума, потому что часть вашего текста не всегда имеет смысл на английском языке. Имейте в виду, что программы автоматического перевода, включая Google Translate, на самом деле не очень хороши!

Стив

ps Как бы я ни хотел провести полевой день с французским или немецким языком, общий язык этого форума - английский; если вы хотите написать кому-то на русском языке, вам, вероятно, лучше всего сделать это за пределами форума с помощью личных сообщений.

Привет Наиля,

Стив

Hi, Steve! Yes, to my shame, I use a translator. Thank you for telling me about my omission.Now I will fix everything, all my answers, apparently somewhere in Russian automatically answered, without translation.

1 minute ago, ArtNeli said:

Hi, Steve! Yes, to my shame, I use a translator. Thank you for telling me about my omission.Now I will fix everything, all my answers, apparently somewhere in Russian automatically answered, without translation.

Don't be embarrassed, most of us Brits are terrible at foreign languages!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Не смущайтесь, большинство из нас, британцев, плохо владеют иностранными языками!

Yandex Translate ☺️

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Я думаю, что для простых фраз у вас все в порядке. Для более сложных вещей, возможно, попробуйте использовать Яндекс и Google и сравнить полученные переводы.

Thank You Steve! well. Yes, sometimes it is difficult to translate your thoughts from Russian to English, it is not possible to convey your thoughts.

54 minutes ago, ArtNeli said:

Yes, sometimes it is difficult to translate your thoughts from Russian to English, it is not possible to convey your thoughts.

Tell me about it! I spent three years in Germany, not speaking a word of German when I arrived, and I sometimes found myself wanting to beat my head against the wall in frustration at not being able to convey my thoughts adequately. I think people often don't often take this into consideration when talking to foreigners. You can be the most accomplished conversationalist in the world but if you only have a very limited vocabulary it counts for nothing.

Neli, you're doing fine so far.

Alan

5 hours ago, Steve F said:

Wow Chris, great pictures!! Do you use extension tubes for some of them? I've just got some so I'm playing around with them a bit. My 90mm Sony macro has the best image quality out of all my lenses.

Only occasionally when doing a very small flower, most of the time just the macro is enough.  I do seem to struggle with focus when the macro is combined with an extension tube, usually end up with focus in the wrong place more often than not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

Расскажи мне об этом! Я провел три года в Германии, говоря ни слова по-немецки, когда приехал, и иногда мне хотелось биться головой о стену от разочарования из-за того, что я не мог адекватно передать свои мысли. Я думаю, что люди часто не принимают это во внимание при общении с иностранцами. Вы можете быть самым опытным собеседником в мире, но если у вас очень ограниченный словарный запас, ничего это не значит.

Нели, у тебя пока все хорошо.

Алан

Thank You, Baron Inchiquin)

In any case, while I translate using Yandex translator, I use a broken "crutch")

Example of a phrase: End of September - translation - The end of September. I would have written so, but they write - End of September - beautifully.

You must learn English))

* "The crutch symbolizes support on the one hand, and lameness and moral shortcomings, old age and poverty on the other. In Christianity, the crutch is the emblem of saints Anthony the Hermit and Romuald." Костыль. Crutch - spike, cane. Support - pillar.

Edited by ArtNeli

7 hours ago, ArtNeli said:

Betty, Thank you for your advice, apparently you need to shoot the most simple and familiar angles of flowers and plants.

Thank you for being so willing to take advice. You’d be surprised how some contributors get mad at implied criticism when it is meant as suggestions.  All we want is to see you succeed.

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thank you for being so willing to take advice. You’d be surprised how some contributors get mad at implied criticism when it is meant as suggestions.  All we want is to see you succeed.

This is why we communicate here, I am only grateful to everyone who can give me useful advice, constructive criticism helps a lot to see my weaknesses. Betty, Thank you! 

13 hours ago, Steve F said:

J'ai envie de is another way of saying je voudrais - I want... If you say j'ai envie de toi.... Well, that's between me and partner, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Once as I was leaving a job in London to go to Brazil for several months, I was given a leaving card signed by the whole office. One comment was 'J'ai envie de toi'. I pointed out to the guy that it was unlikely that's what he meant.... ('J'ai envie de toi' = I fancy you, 'Je t'envie' = I envy you). LOL!!

And yes, as every linguist will know, Google Translate is utter c**p. Hence the Alamy fiasco of automatic translation in other languages for their foreign offices. Especially German according to various upset threads in this Forum.

• Love 3

14 hours ago, Steve F said:

J'ai envie de is another way of saying je voudrais - I want... If you say j'ai envie de toi.... Well, that's between me and partner, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Or are you fluent in French??? Everyone has hidden depths on the Forum!

Duly figured. I didn't know that usage, I'll remember it;)

Yes I was quibbling at Google's translation, not your usage!

Not fluent at all, just carrying on the conceit! I'll admit I did check a couple of things though. I was quite good academically but didn't actually go to France until I was 30 and was not overly keen on saying anything then. Somewhat better now though if they would just slow down a bit sometimes. I find the most "hearable" language to be Italian because of the intonation, I think, then it would be Spanish if I had the vocab, then French from familiarity (twice a year till this year🙁) and German. We've been practising with the "Criminal" series on Netflix.

This will be the first year we haven't been abroad since 1995.