What Are These, Please?

Ed Rooney

Question

13 answers to this question

Picking up on the clues in the parts of lables visible, I would tend to suggest this range supplied by Keel Toys - but you will need to look in more detail to establish if there are definite matches between your picture and their range or if the ones you have photographed are some kind of cheap lookalike.

Yeah, I see that Keel tag, Joseph. But I think the characters are from some film. But I don't know if that's right. 

I hope you are staying safe over there in Lancashire. 

Ahh, I wrote that before I clicked on the blue link. God, the crap that people spend money on! Little kids would be just as happy playing with the box they came in. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yeah, I see that Keel tag, Joseph. But I think the characters are from some film. But I don't know if that's right. 

I hope you are staying safe over there in Lancashire. 

Ahh, I wrote that before I clicked on the blue link. God, the crap that people spend money on! Little kids would be just as happy playing with the box they came in. 

As far as I can see these Animotsu and Mini Motsu toy characters seem to be designed by and exclusive to Keel Toys. I can't see any obvious  link to any film or TV franchise, though I am by no means an expert in the genre of children's media. To my eye they seem to take some inspiration from the Japanese anime style cartoons, but more than that I would not venture. There are other brands of large-eyed, plush cuddly toys out there.

I am staying safe, thanks Ed. In fact I've hardly ventured out further than Tesco more than a handful of times since March. I remain cautious about where I go and what I do. Given the circumstances  I ought to have processed my backlog and added to my Alamy portfolio a lot more than I have, but there always seemed to be something else more pressing to do, even in lockdown. 

Edited by Joseph Clemson
Expanded answer

🙂 . . . plus the hard fact that serious tagging is a totally odious task, JC.

"Keel Toys is one of the largest designer, importer and exporters of soft toys in the UK. Established in 1947, Keel Toys is a third generation, family run business." 

Edited by Ed Rooney

My kids had teddy bears, the odd stuffed monkey and a crocodile Grandma made..... but my grandsons have stuffed toys galore! When  they come for a sleepover (pre covid) they both bring at least 6 ‘favourite’ toys that they can’t sleep without! Most of them branded Pokemon etc.