Cat ID?

Ed Rooney

Question

24 answers to this question

How big and what country.  Maine Coon cats are huge.  There are a fair number of semi-long haired cats that have simply selected each other and show up anywhere in the world.  I've seen two smallish semi-long haired cats in my neighborhood in Nicaragua.  Cat mutation show up in various places.   I ran into a cat with folded ears in rural Virginia, friendly, so not feral.  Either someone lost a very expensive Scot Fold, or it was a new mutation.  If you saw the cat in the UK, it's more likely to be Norwegian Forest Cat. 

• Like 1

That's it, Wim! They have 3 Norwegian Forest cats and bunch of others. 

That's another beautiful cat, Tony. They are so calm and relaxed looking. I will be going back to the Cat Cafe for some coffee and petting. They have three floors of cats. 🙂

Edited by Ed Rooney

7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

That's it, Wim! They have 3 Norwegian Forest cats and bunch of others. 

That's another beautiful cat, Tony. They are so calm and relaxed looking. I will be going back to the Cat Cafe for some coffee and petting. They have three floors of cats. 🙂

Nutmeg (our NF cat) was stunningly beautiful, but oh boy did she know it! An absolute princess in looks and attitude, she'd take a lump out of you in a millisecond if she didn't get her way... but she was very loved all the same. Cat Cafe in Liverpool? I can already hear my wife planning a visit! 😀

37 minutes ago, TeeCee said:

Nutmeg (our NF cat) was stunningly beautiful, but oh boy did she know it! An absolute princess in looks and attitude, she'd take a lump out of you in a millisecond if she didn't get her way... but she was very loved all the same. Cat Cafe in Liverpool? I can already hear my wife planning a visit! 😀

Good choice! Take a camera.

3,644 images of Cat Cafe's on Alamy. Only 4 of the Liverpool one, including:

Fluffy peaceful cat in cat cafe, at Liverpool - Stock Image

Stockimo, so the style is probably deliberate and this is the tabby one, not the ginger.

The rest is Google Street View style, which can be good btw especially if your image is better than GSV.

wim

https://i.imgur.com/wXWD56l.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Cat folks! 

Years ago, in Woodstock, Oxfordshire, I read Catwatching by Desmond Morris. So enlightening. There was a female cat "owned" by a neighbouring family who they would not let in their house. ??? During a snowstorm one evening, Nuppy came to my window and asked to be let in. For the next year or so, Nuppy and I became roommates. To show her friendship, she brought me two dead birds and a vole. 

Edo

Edited by Ed Rooney

1 hour ago, MizBrown said:

There's a closeup in my portfolio of what we're dealing with.   

Yikes! I can see why you don’t want her to lick/chew on that so it can heal. I had to put a cone on one of my dogs once after surgery so she wouldn’t chew her stitches. 

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Yikes! I can see why you don’t want her to lick/chew on that so it can heal. I had to put a cone on one of my dogs once after surgery so she wouldn’t chew her stitches. 

She got bitten by another cat (roof cats -- owned or feral) and while the bites healed, that developed.  We'll have finished the course of antibiotics Monday.   She will still need to have some antiseptic solution used to clean the area and then application of a wound treatment creme for another week or so.