somebody reacted to a post

Bryan

Could definitely do without this. I want to respond to people who have replied to my postings and that is what the notification should and did do. This latest innovation makes it more difficult to trace people who have replied, please abandon, or allow users to optionally opt out.

Edited by Bryan
Can't spell
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Bryan said:

Could definitely do without this. I want to respond to people who have replied to my postings and that is what the notification should and did do. This latest innovation makes it more dificult to trace people who have replied, please abandon, or allow users to optionally opt out.

Agree. Please only give notifications when somebody writes a reply to a post, but not when they just give a vote (like/dislike/etc.) to a post.

Mark

• Love 1

On 04/07/2020 at 16:14, shearwater said:

Another one with the same opinion. There are a lot of votes in the posts, and this kind of notificacions makes difficult to trace the real responses. 

I don't understand the problem.

My settings are Do not send me notifications btw.

And I get none.

In the box to the right there's a red warning: Browser notifications disabled.

wim

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

I don't understand the problem.

My settings are Do not send me notifications btw.

And I get none.

In the box to the right there's a red warning: Browser notifications disabled.

wim

That's interesting. I didn't even know that page existed and it mentions personal messages. We don't have them anymore. The problem, Wim, is that I would like to get the notifications that someone has quoted me but lately they have started telling me that someone gave me an up or down or trophy or laughing face or whatever. These just get in the way and are annoying.

Paulette

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NYCat said:

That's interesting. I didn't even know that page existed and it mentions personal messages. We don't have them anymore. The problem, Wim, is that I would like to get the notifications that someone has quoted me but lately they have started telling me that someone gave me an up or down or trophy or laughing face or whatever. These just get in the way and are annoying.

Paulette

My notifications are waiting for me when I log in.  They show up as a number.

If there's a notification while I'm logged in, I get a warning sound. Thumbs up or down do not trigger a warning or notification. I would think that would be the same function that's triggering the email. Weird.

So it keeps all of that off my phone. Just my desktop and while I'm traveling on my netbook while on wifi. Which is perfect (for me).

wim

I've the same settings as Wim.

I get  a number under my notifications if someone quotes or replies to a message but I don't get any emails for likes etc.

John.

This is a toggle you *should* be able to turn on and off:

Click notifications, and then notification settings.

image.png

Scroll down to the options where you can turn this on / off, along with others and choose a notification on the forum and/or an email:

image.png

If these settings are not showing for you, please let us know and we'll investigate. 

Thanks

Alamy

• Like 2