Adobe CC Problems?

Are any of you having trouble with Adobe CC apps? 

Lightroom Classic will not recognise any of my files. I updated to the most recent version and the problem remains. When I tried to update PS and Bridge I got a cryptic warning and they would not update.

???

Edo

Edited by Ed Rooney

32 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Are any of you having trouble with Adobe CC apps? 

Lightroom Classic will not recognise any of my files. I updated to the most recent version and the problem remains. When I tried to update PS and Bridge I got a cryptic warning and they would not update.

???

Edo

No problems here (I just updated). ACR for PS has changed to be more like LR and seems more responsive. Didn’t someone else have a similar problem (files not recognised) a couple of weeks ago on the forum? Not sure how they fixed it.

Mark

Edo. What do you mean exactly when you say Lightroom will not recognise your files? Describe exactly what is happening. And what exactly is the message you get when trying to update Photoshop? 

When I select an image in Library to edit and then move to Develop this message appears: the file could not be found. 

I cannot find or upload the latest group of images now. 

I have to go out for awhile. 

Edo

Edo do you mean you were using the old LR perennial version 6.14 and updated to LR Classic (CC) version?

Allan

Sounds like you have moved the files or maybe renamed the folder they were in. If so there is a simple fix. I am busy for the next few hours and not on my computer so working from memory  but if the files have been moved then you should see a question mark over them or the folder better in the library. Right click or control click and you should be able to navigate to the new location. 

Thanks, Michael. I'll try that later today. I just ran a small batch through LR Classic and PS and uploaded one test image to Alamy. 

Allan, I don't this has to do with the update. I had the problem before and after I updated LR. 

I'll let you all know later today.

Edo (officially known as the Digital Idiot)

Edited by Ed Rooney

Soooo . . . with much persistence and profanity, I managed to update all my Adobe apps. Digital stuff is good (when it doesn't bug me).

Mr. M, I could not make anything work trying to find and activate that troublesome folder. I did rename it, you're right. But I had/have trouble with both file names. 

I have got the worst file system, no system at all, really. When Alamy gets finished with me, I will be finished with stock. 

Thank you all. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1

Ok Edo. I think we need to back to basics here. First thing can you find the files on your computer forgetting completely about Lightroom? Second thing is are they raws, JPEGs or a mixture?

Edited by MDM

All RAW files, that folder. And I have the folder, which I can open and I'm able to move the RAW files. But in LR they won't open. Frustrating, but it's not he end of the world if I lose those images. 

I'm going out for a walk.

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Soooo . . . with much persistence and profanity, I managed to update all my Adobe apps. Digital stuff is good (when it doesn't bug me).

Mr. M, I could not make anything work trying to find and activate that troublesome folder. I did rename it, you're right. But I had/have trouble with both file names. 

I have got the worst file system, no system at all, really. When Alamy gets finished with me, I will be finished with stock. 

Thank you all. 

I bet that my filing system is worse than yours. Mine resembles an overgrown weed patch. Miraculously, though, I always manage to find old images. PC's have a search function that allows you to locate renamed files and folders. Macs probably do as well. Of course if you've forgotten the new names, then that could be a problem. 😬

It's not my normal workflow, of course, but it works, Michael V. This is Photoshop 21.2.0 I have now. 

I have little enthusiasm for editing or taking pictures or writing another blog. 

And Allan . . . I've been on Adobe CC for a long time.

Edo

Edited by Ed Rooney

Hi Edo. You won’t lose the images just because you can’t currently open them in Lightroom. The images are not actually held in Lightroom, just references to them, no more than a print catalog has real objects in it. You probably  just need to relink the images to the catalog. The fact that they open in Photoshop suggests that all will be ok and there is no corruption of the images. Do you save the sidecar (xmp) files as that makes it easier if the catalog has somehow become corrupted. In that case you can just create a new catalog.  But it is most likely a simple matter of relinking the files to the catalog particularly as you said you renamed the files. 

If you want to email me tomorrow,  I can walk you through the process by email or by phone even. No pressure to do so  but I am happy to try to help if you want. 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Found the earlier thread where LR was struggling to open folders. Not sure if this is related to your problem or not, but there is a fix at the end.

Mark

The solution there was to reset the preferences which is a bit drastic if it is just a matter of relinking files. I think more info is needed from Edo to understand what is happening. 

Michael V: I have updated all six of my Adobe CC apps—Photoshop, LR, LR Classic, Bridge, Camera RAW, and XD. Everything seems to be working now. I think I ran into a weekend blip. 

Michael M: I'm gonna look at this stuff after breakfast tomorrow and see what I can figure out. I'll email you later in the day. 

I'm tired, suffering from hay fever, and dispirited. I'm going to read for awhile and go to bed. 

Thank you, all, for your help. 

Edo

• Like 1

No problem Edo. Things are very up and down for many of us at the moment. You’ll never walk alone. Talking of which, Liverpool only drew with Everton tonight so the saga continues. It must have been the quietest derby night ever in Liverpool I expect. Take care as always. 

Edo, I really hope you've got Lightroon sorted out......after reading this thread I thought I had better check my CC.  I don't use Lightroom just Adobe Bridge/Camera Raw and PS.  Ho hum, looks like Camera Raw has updated.  I now can't find the auto straighten tool in Camera Raw which used to be at the very top and was extremely useful.  I've hovered over the various other things but can't seem to find it.   Don't mean to hijack your post of course, just that it seemed related😉

Thoughts anyone ?

Carol

1 hour ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Edo, I really hope you've got Lightroon sorted out......after reading this thread I thought I had better check my CC.  I don't use Lightroom just Adobe Bridge/Camera Raw and PS.  Ho hum, looks like Camera Raw has updated.  I now can't find the auto straighten tool in Camera Raw which used to be at the very top and was extremely useful.  I've hovered over the various other things but can't seem to find it.   Don't mean to hijack your post of course, just that it seemed related😉

Thoughts anyone ?

Carol

Very related, Carol. I use the straightening tool in Lightroom Classic. I've sorted everything out now. Good luck.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Thoughts anyone ?

Carol

It is under (I.e. inside) the crop tool - second from top of the tools along the right hand side. I am not sure if it is exactly the same as the previous tool. You can enter an angle or click on the ruler at the right and draw on the image.

Edited by MDM
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MDM said:

It is under (I.e. inside) the crop tool - second from top of the tools along the right hand side. I am not sure if it is exactly the same as the previous tool. You can enter an angle or click on the ruler at the right and draw on the image.

Well spotted, I hadn't needed to use it yet, but I'd have struggled to find it too. I see double clicking on the "bubble level" icon will auto-straighten. So I think all the previous functionality is there. Guided distortion/perspective correction is there too, but it's also  a bit hidden (rightmost icon inside the Geometry tab). It helps if you've used LR before as the new ACR for PS is much closer to the develop module in LR. Initially confusing, but I prefer the increased uniformity between the two. I also think ACR PS adjustments are now faster and more interactive.

Mark

In reply to Carol I'm also a little frustrated to find that ACR tools have been moved from the front page and that it will involve a couple of extra clicks per image. Used to be just there above the picture, now tucked away in Geometry.  

Edited by geogphotos