Staying on topic is the traditional way here in the Alamy forum. I do a lot of posting, and for the most part, I do not insist on this rule. Conversation tends to drift off on tangents, and I don't mind that. Food, gardening, football, pets—come up often. And that's okay. 

Airing your views on politics, religious beliefs, and other controversial subjects, like the NRA in the USA, in this forum is not okay. And trying to get in the last word? Don't do that. If you want to reveal how wise, how smart, or how stupid you are, get yourself over to Facebook, or do a Tweet. 

Anyone doing this crap in my posts from this day forward will be reported to Alamy, and if I have to, I will ask Alamy to lockdown the thread. 

Thank you.

Ed Rooney

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 18
  • Downvote 4

it's a sunny day in Montreal,  spring seems to have gone in full swing,  i am going for a long walk see walk to area looks like 

11 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Anyone doing this crap in my posts from this day forward will be reported to Alamy, and if I have to, I will ask Alamy to lockdown the thread. 

Ah... the day of judgement has arrived...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The good thing about Facebook is the community pages. My village community page is very active and people are offering help, asking for help, giving away spare garden plants, books, toys, etc. I’ve just picked up a very healthy courgette plant to replace the one we lost to frost last week!

• Like 2

Very well said Edo. I'm right behind you. Some people spoil it for others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Staying on topic is the traditional way here in the Alamy forum. I do a lot of posting, and for the most part, I do not insist on this rule. Conversation tends to drift off on tangents, and I don't mind that. Food, gardening, football, pets—come up often. And that's okay. 

Airing your views on politics, religious beliefs, and other controversial subjects, like the NRA in the USA, in this forum is not okay. And trying to get in the last word? Don't do that. If you want to reveal how wise, how smart, or how stupid you are, get yourself over to Facebook, or do a Tweet. 

Thank you.

Ed Rooney

Well said! We've got limited time to moderate the forum during the current world situation so the benefits of the forum rely on the content being fed into it by you all. 

Thanks to all of you who continue to use the forum for it's intended purpose. It can only take a small % of unsuitable posts to bring the level down significantly so please just report anything that needs reporting and please don't engage with any controversial comments.

Cheers all

James A

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Thank you, James.

I hope you and the rest of the team in Oxfordshire are staying safe and well. 

Edo

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thank you, James.

I hope you and the rest of the team in Oxfordshire are staying safe and well. 

Edo

Oh! Can't I post any of my crappy jokes or funny comments anymore?

I only do it to try and lift peoples spirits.

Allan

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Please do! 😀

19 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

Please do! 😀

Thank you.😌

Allan

20 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Of course, - but you will have to start a "crappy jokes" thread to keep on topic!!

😉

• Haha 2

There were three hunters bellied up to the bar drinking.

One man had on a coonskin hat, tail hanging down.

One man had a skunk hat, tail hanging down.

The third was a bear, with a human bottom perched on his head.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's gardening season. 

When the lockdown started I planted my butt on the sofa and it has grown quite a bit since then

• Haha 1

I can't make up my mind if I'm more ignorant about gardening, birds, or European football. I do spend a lot of time in the M&S Foodhall's veggie section. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Upvote 1

On 21/05/2020 at 13:43, Ed Rooney said:

Thank you.

Ed Rooney

Well who made you boss of the forum?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

42 minutes ago, Craig Yates said:

Not the forum, nor even this thread.

If you haven't been on the forum much lately you probably didn't see another thread that went in a very undesirable direction, so you may not appreciate the reasoning behind a perfectly  polite request, which is all it is.

I will endeavour to comply with Ed's request in future, in threads that he starts.

Edited by spacecadet

35 minutes ago, Craig Yates said:

Maybe you should read what Alamy posted just above your comment on the same page. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Alamy said:

"Well said! We've got limited time to moderate the forum during the current world situation so the benefits of the forum rely on the content being fed into it by you all. 

Thanks to all of you who continue to use the forum for it's intended purpose. It can only take a small % of unsuitable posts to bring the level down significantly so please just report anything that needs reporting and please don't engage with any controversial comments.

Cheers all

James A"

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Maybe you should read what Alamy posted just above your comment on the same page. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Alamy said:

"Well said! We've got limited time to moderate the forum during the current world situation so the benefits of the forum rely on the content being fed into it by you all. 

Cheers all

James A"

Hmmm i did read the post I am not stupid, and I expressed my opinion on your post. The forum rules are quite clear and do not require clarification or explanation. I did wake up this morning and had a superb coffee thank you.

Edited by Craig Yates
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I’ve just had an email from Alamy to say that we’re running out of red arrows. They’re a finite resource, apparently…

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

I’ve just had an email from Alamy to say that we’re running out of red arrows. They’re a finite resource, apparently…

Well there are only nine of them..........

• Haha 2

Why does this thread make me think of the scene from Star Wars where Luke if flying down a trench about to blowup the Deathstar? 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Well there are only nine of them..........

Count again... but don't blame me!

3 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Count again... but don't blame me!

No, these, as in "the Red Arrows are flying again"..............

Royal Air Force Red Arrows display team at the Eastbourne International Airshow, August 2014 - Stock Image

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Alamy said:

Cheers all

James A"

😘

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Betty got a red arrow for quoting James A.? What are we coming to. Or was it for Ed quoting James..... This is awful.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4