Your photography new year resolutions ?

14 hours ago, dlmphotog said:

@Sally

I agree there is a time to relax, look and contemplate but there is also a time for work and effort. Being uncomfortable for me is more than a physical thing it it also a mental process of trying new things and accepting failure. Comfort is a trap that I am prone to default to...  So being uncomfortable is my New Years resolution.

Best regards,

David L. Moore

vibbily

Ha sorry I meant that to be my resolution.

On 26/12/2019 at 15:45, Jools Devon said:

Take my new Christmas present with me wherever I go! (RX100 VII)

First tryout - Dartmoor Hunt, Boxing Day meet - https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/4014585.html

Sent the link to "Devon Live" - who replied with

Grrrr......

Jools

No - but they are cheap.😧

Allan

1. To stop submitting if things don't improve in the course of 2020. The general industry trend towards quantity rather than quality as well as the Alamy introduction of the 40% share are taking the good out of the experience. I wouldn't mind 40% if exclusive to Alamy meant an increase in sales but I don't get the impression that is the case. 

2. And, to ignore microstock sites. It's the only way to combat falling prices. 

3. Finally, to stay positive! Happy New Year!

1) Practically learn astrophotography

2) Keep contributing only  to stock agencies that value and adequately compensate their contributors

Happy 2020 everyone!

Edited by Autumn Sky
  • Love 1

I don't make resolutions, but I would like to spend less time chasing wildlife this year, and focus on shooting other things more.

Problem with that is, my wildlife outings provide my escape. They relax me - even when they are exhausting!

I do need to get better at throwing away images that aren't good. I am already getting better at this, but I do need to be more ruthless than I am. But then, I sometimes think an image looks Ok, but when I go back to it later, I have to ask myself "What the hell were you thinking?" :D

But on that second point, I still have a lot to learn.