Alberto_P

Hello, I have been a member of Alamy for a long time, but I had not yet participated in the forum, I am a great fan of mountain photography, in particular of the Dolomites, living nearby! When I can I travel in Alps.  In last two years I'veI reviewed and improved my portfolio images; for those who want to can see my gallery, and if you have tips, always welcome! Good photos! 😃

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/650682.html

Edited by Alberto_P
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful pictures, I'm in awe of the efforts that you must have gone to in order get to some of those locations, but then you still made sure you took excellent pictures when you got there.

Just to pass on things I've learnt from the forum, I gather that it pays to repeat the main details in both the keywords and the caption if you can. Also it's good for any potential buyer that you have entered information in both the Location and More information fields but they are not searchable*, not in the main search anyway.

*In fact the terms 'UK', 'USA', 'Europe' and 'Australia' in the Location field are picked up for the Location dropdown filter in the main search so you might consider putting Europe in there. Goodness knows how often it is used though, it misses out vast areas of the globe.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Love 1

Absolutely stunning images. Not a duplicate or a dud in the bunch.

Why not try more vertical landscape shots? You are on the location anyway. Leave the top 25% of the image as simple sky. That way you leave room for the name of the magazine cover, book cover, advertisement or poster at the top of the page. Room for type.

You might consider doing another version with a person or animal in the middle distance, just to give some scale to the landscape. Do you have a hiking companion? Get them to walk into your image.

When budget permits you might consider a higher resolution camera. The subject matter demands high resolution. However there can be weight problems with the higher resolution cameras or too much gear. So if it keeps you from walking, forget I said that.

Amazing images.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Alberto,

Beautiful images, You could put in a bit more IPTC info.

RE: Bill's comment about resolution camera's:  It would appear the you are well versed on preparing images and

I've found an easy way of doubling, tripling, etc.  is to do multiple exposures and then stich them together.  I learned

this when I had clients that needed images at a size that would have required an over 100MP back or camera and

all I had were D800's or 36MP bodies.

Enjoyed seeing your images.

Chuck

• Love 1

Thanks to all :)  Bill, I use a Canon 6D with 3 L lens and a G1xm3, they give a good resolution and do not weigh too much, even if with a carbon tripod and filters we always reach a few kg! I shooting in raw and then developing them. Thanks for the suggestions, I will take it for future.

David, Chuck, Mariaj, MizBrown, I appreciated your comments, I will also try more multiple and panoramic exposures, as well as improve keys.

Good photos at all !

Bello, Alberto -- no, bellísimo!

It's best to put the location in both the caption and the tags. The location box is not searchable. 

And for stock, you might consider adding more subjects.

(I like it here in Liverpool but I've not found a single decent Italian restaurant.) 

Edo

• Love 1

Agreed with comments above - quite stunning scenery.  I specially like Sunburst shots!

But captions definitely need to be improved.   I think caption is indexed quite heavily, but most of your photos just have few words identifying the location. For instance:

valle-de-la-clare-nvache-hautes-alpes-HG

Vallée de la Clarée. Névache. Hautes Alpes

There are several very important keywords missing.  I.e.  "landscape"  "mountain(s)"  "lake"  "scenery or scenic"  "view/viewpoint"  "sunlight"  "panorama"  "valley"  "meadow" etc.  So for instance something like:

Scenic Landscape View off Green Meadows and Blue Alpine lake with Sunlight Reflected off Rugged Dolomite Mountain Peaks in the Background.  Vallée de la Clarée, Névache, Hautes Alpes

• Love 1

Thanks Ed Rooney, spacecadet, Autumn Sky:); many thanks for the example above, explain how I need to improve the description of captions, more complete and exhaustive; so it is not enough to only enter the keywords in the tags!