QC rating

Travelshots

Question

17 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Travelshots said:

Before the NEW upload system came in a few years ago can you answer me this question. If I uploaded a batch of 50 images and one image failed QC did the other 49 also "fail" ? or were they passed?  Peter

I've only ever known one fail all fail.

25 minutes ago, Travelshots said:

Before the NEW upload system came in a few years ago can you answer me this question. If I uploaded a batch of 50 images and one image failed QC did the other 49 also "fail" ? or were they passed?  Peter

YES, all awaiting images failed.

You not only failed but were stopped from uploading for a period of time. I think if you had several failures you were locked up for a month. Peter, I see you've been here longer than I have. You must have been terrific right from the beginning so never experienced jail time.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

My last CD submission, May 2007, had one failure. The other 11 images on the CD were accepted. This is the only failure I've ever had, so can't say if it was a case of "We'll let you get away with it this time, but don't do it again" or general policy at the time. It may have only applied to submissions on physical media, due to the cost involved in re-submitting.

11 minutes ago, DJ Myford said:

My last CD submission, May 2007, had one failure. The other 11 images on the CD were accepted. This is the only failure I've ever had, so can't say if it was a case of "We'll let you get away with it this time, but don't do it again" or general policy at the time. It may have only applied to submissions on physical media, due to the cost involved in re-submitting.

177 images uploaded in 12 years? That's a punishing schedule! 😀

6 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

177 images uploaded in 12 years? That's a punishing schedule! 😀

You will be aware that there have been several incidents over the years which resulted in many contributors leaving. I've stuck around, but stopped uploading and at one point deleted many of my earliest images. I'm still procrastinating over whether to start submitting again.

• Like 1

I believe Alamy's announcement that they were imposing submission and storage fees for all contributors was before your time. They backed down then because I suspect that 99% of the contributors at that time requested deletion of all their files before fees came into effect, and Alamy would have been left with about 100 images on file. Would you have continued to supply an agency that had tried to take the majority of the licence fee in the form of storage fees (deducted from the photographer's share when a sale is made)?

I've made some submissions since then, but with all the other things Alamy have done, trust is in short supply.

Edited by DJ Myford

2 minutes ago, DJ Myford said:

I believe Alamy's announcement that they were imposing submission and storage fees for all contributors was before your time. They backed down then because I suspect that 99% of the contributors at that time requested deletion of all their files before fees came into effect, and Alamy would have been left with about 100 images on file. Would you have continued to supply an agency that had tried to take the majority of the licence fee in the form of storage fees (deducted from the photographer's share when a sale is made)?

Don't mind me. I'm just trying to ensure that your forum posts outnumber your images. Good to know you don't hold any long-term grudges...

50 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Don't mind me. I'm just trying to ensure that your forum posts outnumber your images. Good to know you don't hold any long-term grudges...

😂- today's best laugh 

procrastinate - procrastinating - procrastination - and thank you DJ for teaching a foreigner a word that will be stored in vocabulary and used in the future.

Edited by Niels Quist

I'm not sure that DJ Myford hasn't found better and more profitable ways to spend his time and energies. 

It seems a but cruel to be going after somebody for the 'crime' of not spending 18 years chasing their tail like the rest of us.

He is only contributing to a forum thread so I'd say 'lay off'.

Edited by geogphotos

21 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

😂- today's best laugh 

procrastinate - procrastinating - procrastination - and thank you DJ for teaching a foreigner a word that will be stored in vocabulary and used in the future.

Here is another odd English word I never heard until recently: PROROGATION - no laughing matter I daresay but what else can one do 🤥 😂🤣  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MDM said:

Here is another odd English word I never heard until recently: PROROGATION - no laughing matter I daresay but what else can one do 🤥 😂🤣  

No, it isn't a laughing matter. Thanks. This word has also been filed. I think I heard it in the news without catching it completely.

Good luck.

Edited by Niels Quist