New commission structure here?

Does anyone know if the new commission structure -- 40% for nonexclusive and 50% for exclusive images -- has come into effect yet?

The original message from Alamy that I received said the change would begin in February but didn't give an exact date.

We've made some changes

The Alamy contract has been updated and we're writing to give you notice of these changes.

The new contract is here and the key changes are listed here. The changes will come into place on 21st February 2019.

We don't need anything from you but we recommend you keep a copy of the contract for your records once you've read it through.

22 minutes ago, denden said:

How do I edit my photos already on Alamy.  I would like to select some for Available only from Alamy.  Thanks

Dennis Hallinan

You will have to go through your images using the Alamy Image Manager (AIM) and check the "Only available on Alamy" box (click "Optional" tab to find it) for the ones to which this applies.  I did it one submission at a time, beginning with my most recent images. You can also pick 500 images at a time to work on if that works for you.

Good luck.

23 minutes ago, denden said:

How do I edit my photos already on Alamy.  I would like to select some for Available only from Alamy.  Thanks

Dennis Hallinan

The option appears on the Optional page of AIM for individual images. Select a batch and then tick the box there.

If you wanted to mark them all as exclusive, and given the size of your port, then contact contributors@alamy.com  when they should arrange it for you.

Beat me to it John!

2 minutes ago, Bryan said:

The option appears on the Optional page of AIM for individual images. Select a batch and then tick the box there.

If you wanted to mark them all as exclusive, and given the size of your port, then contact contributors@alamy.com  when they should arrange it for you.

Beat me to it John!

Grumpy minds think alike. B)

17 hours ago, denden said:

Dennis Hallinan

Those are spectacular (and famous) NASA/Hubble space images you are selling - are they really out of copyright and available for anyone to sell under their own name?

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

If that is the case I consider it to be cheating.

That is your prerogative, but surely it's not more cheating than any of the thousands of other PD images (e.g. old scans from plates in books which have gone out of copyright) which are on Alamy and other agencies? I don't think one could sell these as 'exclusive to Alamy'.

On 03/02/2019 at 19:07, denden said:

Dennis Hallinan

Much of your port seems to consist of composites including US public domain space imagery. You probably weren't intending to, but  IMO you shouldn't mark any of these as exclusive.

Archived