More hoops to jump through?

I've had to go through 4 sets of controls to access the forum, picking traffic lights (2), chimneys and pedestrian crossings. Is there a problem with trolls on the site, requiring extra vigilance, or have I just missed some aspect of each of the controls?

Bit confused by the hoop jumping you are mentioning. I know what is being referred to, as I have done it myself, mainly, when forgetting to tick the 'automatic log'-in box on the sign in page.

Do those of you having to sign in not have this option on your systems? I'm using Firefox on a Windows OS.

Ah, brain cell just sputtered, Firefox. has a, 'save password for this site?', option I'm using, which prefills the required fields and lets me in on tapping the sign-in button. 

Krisken

6 hours ago, Krisken said:

Ah, brain cell just sputtered, Firefox. has a, 'save password for this site?', option I'm using, which prefills the required fields and lets me in on tapping the sign-in button. 

Krisken

Safari on my Mac's will enter my user name and login, sometimes without issues. Other times I have to identify multiple traffic lights, buses, stairs etc. Often the definition of the images is very poor, so you can't tell if the blurred distance contains what you should be identifying. Perhaps that's why you have to jump repeatedly through so many hoops.

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

I just had mountains or hills. They are the worst.

Paulette

I've only had "mountains or hills" once or twice. As I remember, it was brutal. B)

The odd thing is how inconsistent the security system is. Today I was again let through the forum door with no robot check at all. On other days, I get caught in a viscous circle of reappearing storefronts, traffic lights, buses, etc.

Archived