Can Image manager be operated from smartphone

Good day to all,

I am happy to have passed the QC of my initial 3 photos. I have done the whole process from a smartphone - transfering the photos from PC to iPhone. Later I've uploaded several other photos. Tagging and making them available for sale however is required for me to use the Image Manager which, unfortunately for me, does not work from smartphone; or I was not able to make it work in either iOS Safari or Chrome.

I am a seaman and, by job's circumstances, I get to capture some situations not easily accessible to most people. On board vessel access to internet is restricted for me not only by traffic but by means as well - I can only use the phone.

While I have a workaround iTunes transfering the photos to the phone without being crippled, I still need some help how to deal with making Image Manager working on my phone. Does anyone have a solution for this? I mean, I heard about profesional photographers shooting on various locations and, after post processing on PC, placing them on sale using their phones. Alamy has no such feature?

Thank you in advance,

Ciprian

If you keyword and caption on the PC using Lightroom or some other program I think you can make your images go on sale at least. Then when you have internet you can finish the process of adding the optional choices and choosing super tags. I think I'm right about this. Someone will speak up if I am wrong.

Paulette

47 minutes ago, Ed Brown said:

You should be able to use it in Chrome on your phone, its not nice to do it this way on a tiny screen but is possible, you just need to go into your chrome menu and tick use "Desktop site"

I was trying to make Chome to load the desktop version to no avail. In the mean time I found Stockimo and, while on board my vessel, I'll upload my older photos (when using camera on Auto).

Thanks to all for your replies and wish you good shooting.

Ciprian

20 minutes ago, CiprianDorneanu said:

I was trying to make Chome to load the desktop version to no avail. In the mean time I found Stockimo and, while on board my vessel, I'll upload my older photos (when using camera on Auto).

Thanks to all for your replies and wish you good shooting.

Ciprian

You're not meant to upload photos taken on a DSLR via Stockimo. Also, unless you joined Stockimo and Alamy when it stated, you will only get 20% via Stockimo rather than 50% via Alamy. So unless you have a time-dependent image (news), I would wait to upload via Alamy.

Hi, 

If all else fails, you could use 'press iptc' app on android although you'd have to do each picture individually if they have different keywords. You'd obviously have to do the optional info at a later date. actually I'm sure there's an android iptc editor app out the somewhere and then you could just upload via an ftp app.

JH

Hi again,

I am keeping the good stuff for upload on alamy, whenever the chance presents itself. 

I do not have Android or a tablet so...

With Stockimo I'm using pictures from my very begining photographer time, photos with lower resolution.

All the best,

Ciprian

Chrome desktop is the way to go.

You did find the checkbox under the dots menu in the upper left hand corner?

It's funny because the whole AIM tries to be a phone app even on a desktop. With all stupid quirks of a phone app. But as a phone app it doesn't work.

With the exception of uploading btw, because that works using the link from the dashboard.

Currently I'm looking for a way to upload from a Dropbox folder.

It looks like it's working: after clicking on Browse, I get the option of browsing my images or browsing Dropbox using the Dropbox app. And it is in fact downloading the image I have selected. Now the question is: is it the original file or the one Dropbox uses as a 100% preview, which is different because it's more compressed.

wim

On 9/11/2018 at 02:44, CiprianDorneanu said:

Good day to all,

I am happy to have passed the QC of my initial 3 photos. I have done the whole process from a smartphone - transfering the photos from PC to iPhone. Later I've uploaded several other photos. Tagging and making them available for sale however is required for me to use the Image Manager which, unfortunately for me, does not work from smartphone; or I was not able to make it work in either iOS Safari or Chrome.

I am a seaman and, by job's circumstances, I get to capture some situations not easily accessible to most people. On board vessel access to internet is restricted for me not only by traffic but by means as well - I can only use the phone.

While I have a workaround iTunes transfering the photos to the phone without being crippled, I still need some help how to deal with making Image Manager working on my phone. Does anyone have a solution for this? I mean, I heard about profesional photographers shooting on various locations and, after post processing on PC, placing them on sale using their phones. Alamy has no such feature?

Thank you in advance,

Ciprian

Can you use your phone as a hotspot (internet sharing) with a laptop?  The laptop's browser would be bigger.  

Of course, they can. I did it many times and, apart from the problem of cutting and pasting keywords, it works like a charm. Just open the Alamy dashboard in Chrome and tick "desktop site". Obviously, you should use a good smartphone with a reasonably large display (in my case, I use a 5.5'' Sony Xperia C4), and a fast Wi-Fi connection

1 hour ago, riccarbi said:

Of course, they can. I did it many times and, apart from the problem of cutting and pasting keywords, it works like a charm. Just open the Alamy dashboard in Chrome and tick "desktop site". Obviously, you should use a good smartphone with a reasonably large display (in my case, I use a 5.5'' Sony Xperia C4), and a fast Wi-Fi connection

It works on a small phone as well. Or as badly ;-)

- Samsung S5 mini.

wim

Archived