I have one shoot I did 3 years ago of which I submitted 40 images.  Of those 40, seven have sold.  I consider that quite a successful shoot.

What has been your best percentages on shoots of over 25 images (not counting news, stock sales only)?

Jill

4 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I have one shoot I did 3 years ago of which I submitted 40 images.  Of those 40, seven have sold.  I consider that quite a successful shoot.

What has been your best percentages on shoots of over 25 images (not counting news, stock sales only)?

Jill

I have these 4 photos that I took together, each has sold at least 5 times and they have sold 80 times collectively now (elsewhere)...I'm happy about it, but it's sort of annoying at the same time! Still too early for me for bigger shoots, but here's hoping!

Over 25, I don't know, but I have 15 licences and $1300 of sales from 3 or 4 images of the same subject and I still have a near-monopoly on Alamy after 6 years.

Probably because I don't tell anyone what it is. Last time it sold it was searched for by reference.

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Over 25, I don't know, but I have 15 licences and $1300 of sales from 3 or 4 images of the same subject and I still have a near-monopoly on Alamy after 6 years.

Probably because I don't tell anyone what it is.

I was thinking more of different images from the same shoot.  A couple of the 7 from that shoot have sold more than one time.

Sure you don't want to share your success story? All the details now. :D

Jill

Just now, Jill Morgan said:

I was thinking more of different images from the same shoot.  A couple of the 7 from that shoot have sold more than one time.

Sure you don't want to share your success story? All the details now. :D

Jill

They're from the same shoot. All 4 are on Alamy. Actually there are a couple more now but I got coverage.

You're not likely to cross the pond to have a go, but these London blighters, they'll have the shirt off your back.;)

Wish I could figure out a few more, though. I'm short of niches, ones that buyers want anyway.

1 subject in 1 shoot: 67 sold out of 3 images online; 1 has never sold. 1 has gone viral but 99% will remain unpaid of course.

- gross total: close to 4500

Total 1 week (=1 visit)  including these 67: 162 out of 95 online; 63 have never sold.

wim

I have done two stock shoots at this one place that has very limited access and so far they have grossed $11,220, but not sure how many sales that was altogether, without going back and counting them.   28 images in total are in the Alamy collection.

Interestingly, a set of images I took of a scene that played out in my neighborhood was very successful. Actually, across the street!  No planned shoot, just an opportunity I saw and took advantage of. People involved.

I believe I uploaded 3 images. No expense. No traveling. Just two minutes shooting, then back to my garage sale, then computer time.

Betty

Archived