Reporting in...RF

After the new AIM was introduced, I began listing more RF than I did in the past. As of this moment, 39% are RF.  I just ran the numbers for the past year, and 24% of what sold are RF. Not bad numbers. Quite a few if not most are plants. I didn’t count subject matter, but now I’m curious!

I’ll take a look. 

The reason I’m mentioning this is because in another thread I said I would know more after some months went by and let ya’ll know. I’m a woman of my word. ;)

Betty

P.S......58% sold are plants.

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

After the new AIM was introduced, I began listing more RF than I did in the past. As of this moment, 39% are RF.  I just ran the numbers for the past year, and 24% of what sold are RF. Not bad numbers. Quite a few if not most are plants. I didn’t count subject matter, but now I’m curious!

I’ll take a look. 

The reason I’m mentioning this is because in another thread I said I would know more after some months went by and let ya’ll know. I’m a woman of my word. ;)

Betty

P.S......58% sold are plants.

Problem with RF is most of my images would need model property/releases which do not exist so they would remain RM.

Allan

I'm 5% RF and have had only one RF sale to date. However, it looked more RM than RF to me. 

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
35 MB

Start: 26 January 2018
End: 26 January 2023

Price would probably have been the same if the image had been RM since the buyer opted for the packaged five-year "Books or magazines" option.

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Problem with RF is most of my images would need model property/releases which do not exist so they would remain RM.

Allan

- or make them RF and tick Editorial.

But I also prefer the RM and tick the correct boxes.

14 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm 5% RF and have had only one RF sale to date. However, it looked more RM than RF to me. 

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
35 MB

Start: 26 January 2018
End: 26 January 2023

Price would probably have been the same if the image had been RM since the buyer opted for the packaged five-year "Books or magazines" option.

You got licence details? How? I've never had that for RF.

11 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You got licence details? How? I've never had that for RF.

I assume it's because the buyer clicked the generic "Magazines and books" button for $69.99 (price shown in Canada but USD), which has a five-year duration and -- somewhat weirdly -- is exactly the same for both RM and RF images.

I don't like the idea of RF. All my images are RM.

I did something of a test about a year and a half to two years ago where I made all my tabletop food images RF for a year. In that test year, I had just one RF sale for less than $10. I shoot a lot of tabletop food, but it's not my best selling subject.

I only shoot common access editorial subjects. I have no signed releases. If Alamy decided to sell only RF, I'll switch over to RF. Until that time, I'm 100% RM.

Edo

The prices tend on the whole, to be better with RF.  Often, double. Still not great amounts, but all sales seem to be lower end the last year compared to the past. 

So double a RM sale still isn’t anything to write home about but I’m not insulted.

I don’t see any reason to not continue on with listing certain images as RF. 

Ed, the difference in what I’ve done is not using RF for only one subject. I have some released people, plants, food, weather, etc. The people I’ve sold were released staged family members with a specific concept in mind.

Betty

10 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I assume it's because the buyer clicked the generic "Magazines and books" button for $69.99 (price shown in Canada but USD), which has a five-year duration and -- somewhat weirdly -- is exactly the same for both RM and RF images.

I see. I haven't had an RF in a couple of years so it must have been introduced since then. You only used to get the file size in the sales report.

My only RFs are hangovers from the early days. They should be RM but I've never changed them over as one or two have sold.

11 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I see. I haven't had an RF in a couple of years so it must have been introduced since then. You only used to get the file size in the sales report.

My only RFs are hangovers from the early days. They should be RM but I've never changed them over as one or two have sold.

I imagine that if a client chooses a regular RF license rather than one of the instant "Buy this stock image now..." options, then we don't get usage details.

9 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

My last three sales (RM, two direct and one distributor) were all of the "candy bar" variety.

The question is, does an RF candy bar really taste any better than an RM candy bar?

I haven’t gotten any RF candy bars. The recent ones are of the nice dinner at a moderately upscale restaurant variety. Only the RM was candy bar worthy. I’ll have the t-bone, medium, baked potato, salad, glass of iced tea and a piece of cherry pie, please. And here’s a nice tip.

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

I haven’t gotten any RF candy bars. The recent ones are of the nice dinner at a moderately upscale restaurant variety. Only the RM was candy bar worthy. I’ll have the t-bone, medium, baked potato, salad, glass of iced tea and a piece of cherry pie, please. And here’s a nice tip.

That's good to hear. I'd take an RF cherry pie over an RM candy bar anytime. Your RF sales are encouraging.

Archived