Assuming you have entered the minimum of a caption and five tags and then saved your changes, you simply have to wait about 24 hours until the Alamy image database updates. This happens every day, usually around mid-morning UK time.

7 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

There is a very comprehensive help manual available in AIM, at the top of the page, click on help, then instructions. 

The guide is indeed comprehensive. I was overwhelmed by the detail by the time I'd read a few pages, and I'm already familiar with AIM! I suspect many newbies would be grateful for a Quickstart guide to get them up and running. Does such a thing exist?

On the other foot, and I write this with absolutely no intent of being critical of the OP,  most established contributors would be grateful if there was a compulsory reading of basic documentation for new contributors, saving elementary mistakes and repetitive basic questions. Well over a decade ago, when I first joined one of the nascent microstock sites (I repent of my sin, in this respect ;)) new contributors were required to both submit 10 test images AND to sit an on-line exam which tested whether they had read and understood the extensive contributor guidelines. In this day and age when it seems every possible hurdle to new entrants is being lowered or removed altogether, it might actually be of benefit all concerned to make the process of becoming a contributor an assessed learning experience, as well as a test of photographic competence.

• Like 2

Thanks Joseph

I take the point. But I did watch the video on the Image Manager page and there was no mention there of the minimum 5 tags. That said I can now see it in the manual and it is a fair point you make. I'll read it before next time. 

8 minutes ago, JustinWyllie said:

Thanks Joseph

I take the point. But I did watch the video on the Image Manager page and there was no mention there of the minimum 5 tags. That said I can now see it in the manual and it is a fair point you make. I'll read it before next time. 

For the majority of images, I would anticipate that you would want to add significantly more than 5 tags. While adding tags that are not relevant to your image is wrong and might ultimately harm sales in the future, not adding enough tags will mean that nobody ever sees your images in which case they definitely wouldn't sell.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem but my last lot of approved photos says  Not on sale  Been like that for days & don't know how to change it. It's hard enouth to even find the photos for sale. I think its an over complex interface esspsialy for newcommers

17 minutes ago, dunstun365 said:

I have the same problem but my last lot of approved photos says  Not on sale  Been like that for days & don't know how to change it. It's hard enouth to even find the photos for sale. I think its an over complex interface esspsialy for newcommers

generally for an image to be marked "On Sale" in your image manager, you need.

• Approved through QC
  • A descriptive caption 
  • At least 5 Keywords

it might take some time after to be in the database, up to 24 hours usually.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dunstun365 said:

If you click on your blue number under your avatar here on the forum it'll show all your images which are on sale. That's how I check mine each morning after the supposed overnight database update, which to be fair has been far more reliable of late. In the past it has stretched out to forty-eight and seventy-two hours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dunstun365 said:

This might help?

Mark

5 hours ago, dunstun365 said:

It's not that complicated if you take the time to read all the help that is available on Alamy’s website. 

If your images have not been on sale ‘for days’ then it is likely that you haven’t completed all the necessary fields.

Go back to AIM and check that the images are marked as ready for on sale there.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm another person having issues getting things on sale. The process has been weird.
Group 1: uploaded three images (vectors). They get approved, I add tags. They go on sale. I'm in the system!
Group 2: uploaded three images--again. It won't allow more, because these are somehow considered my FIRST images. They're approved, I add tags. And they sit there, not for sale. Dashboard calls this group "first submission."
Group 3: upload 10 images. Approved! Tags added! And…nothing. I've been waiting a month for them and the previous trio to go on sale.

Do I need to click a "put on sale" button? If so, it could teach Waldo hiding lessons.

Will a mistake on a single, approved image take its whole group offline? The only thing I can think of is listing the number of people in an image but not offering a model release (because they're imaginary people), but that wasn't a problem in group 1.

The only difference I can see is that Group 1, which is on sale, is listed as an FTP upload. The other two groups are listed as "web upload." I don't know that I did these differently.

On 23/03/2021 at 22:19, Jim Hayes said:

I'm another person having issues getting things on sale. The process has been weird.
Group 1: uploaded three images (vectors). They get approved, I add tags. They go on sale. I'm in the system!
Group 2: uploaded three images--again. It won't allow more, because these are somehow considered my FIRST images. They're approved, I add tags. And they sit there, not for sale. Dashboard calls this group "first submission."
Group 3: upload 10 images. Approved! Tags added! And…nothing. I've been waiting a month for them and the previous trio to go on sale.

Do I need to click a "put on sale" button? If so, it could teach Waldo hiding lessons.

Will a mistake on a single, approved image take its whole group offline? The only thing I can think of is listing the number of people in an image but not offering a model release (because they're imaginary people), but that wasn't a problem in group 1.

The only difference I can see is that Group 1, which is on sale, is listed as an FTP upload. The other two groups are listed as "web upload." I don't know that I did these differently.

If QC has approved them I think there is no difference between ftp and web upload. Re mistakes either the batch is approved or it isn't. Alamy will have sent you an email either way. And you can see the status of the batch on the left in Image Manager. Does the batch say 'passed'. 

For the last 13 images:

-I doubt what you say about model release is the problem

-have you given them all a caption?

-have you given each image at least 5 tags?

-clicking the star on some tags to make them a supertag is a good idea but I don't think it's essential to get them on sale

-on image manager is there now an orange (or green) bar underneath the image and 'on sale' under that? Tell us what you see here as this is crucial. 

If all that is fine and you wait for the server to update (usually within 24 hours) they should appear and everyone can see them. There isn't an 'on sale' button to press, just the steps above. Tell us more on what you see in Image Manager and someone will have more thoughts. 

3 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

If QC has approved them I think there is no difference between ftp and web upload. Re mistakes either the batch is approved or it isn't. Alamy will have sent you an email either way. And you can see the status of the batch on the left in Image Manager. Does the batch say 'passed'. 

For the last 13 images:

-I doubt what you say about model release is the problem

-have you given them all a caption?

-have you given each image at least 5 tags?

-clicking the star on some tags to make them a supertag is a good idea but I don't think it's essential to get them on sale

-on image manager is there now an orange (or green) bar underneath the image and 'on sale' under that? Tell us what you see here as this is crucial. 

If all that is fine and you wait for the server to update (usually within 24 hours) they should appear and everyone can see them. There isn't an 'on sale' button to press, just the steps above. Tell us more on what you see in Image Manager and someone will have more thoughts. 

AHA! My first group all have captions; the others don't. And…now they work. Thanks! You get the gold star of the day.