1 day in processing, 3 in QC

I have read the T's n c's very well for alamy. Is there some sort of childish mentality here whereby if you don't pass OQ, instead of just telling you that you haven't, they make you wait weeks? This is the first 3 images I have uploaded and technically-wise they are very good at 100% - no flaie, CA, noise, exposure etc so I would be surprized if they fail, but this so called 24 hour average to check images is a joke as in total it is 4 days. If so, I'll take my images to another stock site. Already on Getty and several others so I am not bothered either way...I just don't appreciate the messing about. I have heard alamy is extremely concerned with IQ to the point they will accept a really technically good file that at the end of the day is a bad photograph? Just sayin' what the internet tells me!

I have just started here so don't rely too much on what I say.  I wonder if the problem is the "3 images" - I believe you need exactly 4 for your first batch.  My initial batch was approved within 24 hours but it went to 5 days after that.

I think you are reading the 24 hour thing too much. The key to the QC wait is it says "average wait time". That doesn't mean it will pass in 24 hours.

What you normally find over a period of time is that once you start building up a portfolio here on Alamy that the QC is normally 24 hours. I believe Member Services have a good idea of who to keep an eye on as your QC record will reflect your wait time. So if you consistently pass QC you will be quick at getting things back. If you're consistently failing then you're likely to be checked more thoroughly.

As Woody says, the initial submission to Alamy is 4 images. 

One thing that I would agree on that would stop a lot of these posts is telling you if have failed. I personally believe that Alamy should just say on your QC record if there is a failure and have a mechanism in place to stop you from uploading until a cooling off period has been reached. I know that it is providing something for the few that fail rather than the majority who pass but all the same it would be of use.

With your initial submission of 4 images, as required by Alamy, they will pass or fail. If failed they do not make you wait 28 days but allow another upload as soon as you are ready, after double checking your images to ensure they pass technically.

Only once accepted does the 28 day waiting period kick in if you fail with further submissions. Agree it can be infuriating at times but this is Alamys way of ensuring only technically perfect images reach their servers.

While waiting the 28 day period, should you be unfortunate in a submission, continue to prepare images ready for the day you can start loading again.

Hope this helps.

Allan

I have read the T's n c's very well for alamy. Is there some sort of childish mentality here whereby if you don't pass OQ, instead of just telling you that you haven't, they make you wait weeks? This is the first 3 images I have uploaded and technically-wise they are very good at 100% - no flaie, CA, noise, exposure etc so I would be surprized if they fail, but this so called 24 hour average to check images is a joke as in total it is 4 days. If so, I'll take my images to another stock site. Already on Getty and several others so I am not bothered either way...I just don't appreciate the messing about. I have heard alamy is extremely concerned with IQ to the point they will accept a really technically good file that at the end of the day is a bad photograph? Just sayin' what the internet tells me!

If your not bothered why come on here to complain?I

If you have read the terms very well, why submit three images instead of the four required as a minimum?

If you agreed to the terms that you read very well, why complain about what you agreed to when you signed up?

OQ? IQ??

Just sayin' what the internet tells me!

An infallible source of information...

I'll take my images to another stock site

James West will be quaking in his boots...

I have read the T's n c's very well for alamy. Is there some sort of childish mentality here whereby if you don't pass OQ, instead of just telling you that you haven't, they make you wait weeks?

Why have you joined Alamy if this is your opinion or are you just trying to be controversial? For the initial submission of 4 to 10 images each one is checked individually and you will be given feedback on each pic that is below par, if any. As you are such an experienced phorographer with Getty you will obviously sail through QC and will then have your non news images passed within days.

Good luck, I am sure that you will do well as so many other Getty contributers have done before you.

I look forward to your future posts as you are clearly looking critically at the way things work within alamy.

dov

. . . this so called 24 hour average to check images is a joke as in total it is 4 days.

Indeed.

I mean, you just have to compare that to how long Getty take to clear a submission . . .

dd

Archived