Has this ever happened to anybody?

This morning i was taking shots in a farmers market, came across a small group of pro life supporter anti abortionists. Took a shot of their demonstration and uploaded to live news as its a big issue at the moment here in Ireland. The image appeared on the live news feed as usual, some time later it was taken down and now is sitting in my "awaiting QC clearance". No reason from Alamy. Any clues please. I have fired of an email to alamy but that won't be acted on untill monday by which time it won't be news!

I've had them go missing to be told it was a tech issue, and that the appropriate staff won't be in until Monday. The good news (in my case and hopefully yours) was that they'd been sent to the editors so I shouldn't have missed out on the chance of sales in that respect.

A few years ago, I had a live news photo removed for being "not newsworthy" (in retrospect, it was a mistake to upload it) and then sent to QC where it eventually failed. Back then, you were locked out for a month after a failure. However, I don't think this type of thing happens any longer.

6 minutes ago, fotoDogue said:

No thats the one i replaced it with last thing last night, and thanks for looking. I think i have resolved the issue, and probhably my fault, on rechecking i noticed i had left out the year on the caption, so the full date was incorrect. Lesson learned, always double check before uploading. What confused me was it did not get sent straight back but was on the live news feed for a while.

Andy

All i can say is that the image with the correct date in still up on the live news feed, and Alamy guidelines for news feed asks for the full date, apart from that everything else is the same. No doubt it will get clarified tomorrow and i will share all.

Andy

10 hours ago, Martin B said:

I've had that happen because the date in the meta was wrong. It went up, but kicked back to QC after about 20 minutes. Once i fixed the date and uploaded the image again, it was fine.

I've done that before and had the same result.

Archived